How do you quit smoking?

How do you quit smoking?
I understand you simply don't put ciggies in your mouth, but I start feeling extremely edgy and on edge. How do I relieve this feeling? I'm to weak to power through it :^(

>I'm to weak to power through it :^(

Then you'll never quit.

Smoke till you feel sick and you'll never smoke again

Pick up another habit

>not continuing to smoke

Literal dietary godsent, stop bitching

Fuck. I want to but I always give in, how do I get stronger willpower?
man, I've done it, I give up for a few days and run back to it when my throat feels healthy again
Like what?

I'll probably never quit smoking unless something major happens to me like cancer or some shit like that, desu. I've tried quitting once or twice in the past and I can handle the withdrawal and all that, but I always come back because I simply enjoy it. I've liked smoking for as long as I remember.. I even found it "interesting" as a kid. I know how stupid this might sound to a non smoker

Pick up Allen Carr's Easyway to stop smoking. It has saved millions of people. Myself included

get some willpower you beta cuck

Honestly quitting smoking isn't that hard. It is literally stop putting ciggies in your mouth. My grandnan could stop smoking and she's 5"2 are you so weak?

>Like what?
alcohol

I spose so, my life is extremely shitty now it's just about the only source of happiness as pathetic as I know that sounds

>tfw two intelligint too stop smoking

Quit smoking 3 weeks ago.

It's really a matter of not putting one in your mouth. Acknowledge your cravings and remind yourself it's just addiction talking, you don't actually want to smoke. It gets easy after a while.

And yes you'll be on edge/unable to focus for a few days but it fixes itself. Just power through it, take a few days off if you have to. It's worth it.

Drink a lot of water, do a lot of cardio. Get the nicotine out of your bloodstream. On top of that, notice your hair getting thicker and your dick getting bigger due to the lack of restriction on your circulatory system.

They say quitting smoking is harder than kicking a cocaine addiction. Goodluck friendo, just remember that you're making a huge positive change

Step 1: Don't buy cigarettes
Step 2: ????????
Step 3: Profit

well yeah cigarettes are way less expensive and don't really result in a shitty hangover

I'm kind of with ya on this, I would like to quit smoking and i have for a few weeks at a time but smoking is just something I do.

It's like I'm a smoker, I go on smoke breaks and talk to other smokers, I sit at the smoking section of bars. I don't know I need to quit I'm 23 and been smoking since I was 16.

>saving so much on retirement though

Buy a pack of smokes that you hate the taste of. Wean for a week. Go running. Find your triggers and find something other than smoking to replace them. I used gum.

Realise that the smoking is a crutch for you, and by ditching every cigarette you are making mental gains.

Dick bigger? I smell bs

I feel like smoking. Any recommendations on what my first cigarette should be anons?

>I start feeling extremely edgy and on edge

This won't last forever.

Change your routine. Most of the cravings are derived from shit you do everyday and associated with the habit of smoking without even noticing.

And I mean change it. You take a shower every morning and then get a cup of coffee? Drink a goddamn tea first, then shower. Go eat your lunch at a different place, do something other than what you used to do after dinner, etc. Some of those associations you'll have to power through, that last cig before bed for instance, but for the most of the others it's just a matter of breaking the routine, as this will also break the association of whatever you did and cigs.

Won't be all that easy, but way easier than sticking to your usual habits, because smoking is probably associated with most of those.

Nicotine replacement therapy. I chew gum like a mad man for a few weeks.

I inevitably start smoking again. Either due to falling back into depression a rut or stress or drunk and friends offer.

The thing is, it's fucking easy if you're not a little bitch and have some discipline.

This as well. I had to break each individual habit.
The morning cofffee and cig.
The in car cig.
The work break cig.
The after fap cig.
etc

Tackle each over a week or two so in a few months you've cut down.

Other side of the coin is, cold turkey it with NRT and never look back. The physical cravings are negated and it's just overcoming the psychological dependence.

It will almost be a year since I quitted, I still feel like smoking now and then when I think about it, but otherwise I don't have any crave throughout the day. I stopped a few days before my exams just to see if I could bare the stress.

There are no secrets, throw away your cigs in the bin and hold on tight.

Export a green

The first week of quitting is a special kind of hell where the withdrawal makes you irritable and gives you constant headaches. Which gives you more of an incentive to break because your feeling all sorts of shit that could be relieved with a smoke. Hell I even started rationalizing why I should keep smoking cause at that point I just wanted to die. The only way to quit is to endure and never pick up a cigarette again. In the long run, It's going to fuck up your health and leave you in debt through medical expenses, that's not including the total cost you pay up front for smokes.
Lucky strikes. Excellent cigarette but those should keep you away.

>I'm 23
>smoking since 16
I've smoked for 20 years and I managed to quit. Yes it was hard, but you just have to find the willpower to push through

I'm just starting Week 2 of quitting.
I just removed myself as much as possible from them. People in public will always have them but just ignore it. Chewing gum helped. Also thinking of all the money you'll save based on how many you smoke a day.

Most important of all. Never give up giving up. It gets easier everytime.

>Like what?
sucking dick. it's the same thing, only your breath and clothes will smell better

Kek