How many eggs do you eat per week?

how many eggs do you eat per week?

Other urls found in this thread:

ibcmt.com/2009-03-16-EffectsOfDietaryCholesterolOnSerumCholesterol-PaulHopkins.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11333841
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20683785
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15648400
viriculture.com/a-rehash-of-the-corroborative-evidence-against-modern-healthy-lifestyle-practices-part-4-cholesterol-and-salt/
youtube.com/watch?v=6bSdnQ1MKGo
youtube.com/watch?v=qGt97ojn5zs
youtube.com/watch?v=SD48EGuP0QY
ijpp.com/IJPP archives/2004_48_3/286-292.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I eat 9 eggs a day so 63 eggs a week

7x4

2 whole eegs a day with 3 egg whites

6 eggs a day, 4 of which have had the yolks removed.

GAINZ

5 a day, so 5x7 = 35 eggs a week.

6 eggs a day, why you want to know tho?

>gainz
>removing yolk

user I...

Usually 14 eggs
2 eggs a day

Eggxactly 12.

18 to 21

Is 3 full eggs a day healthy on a cut?

I'm on 2DEAD (2 dozen eggs a day).

About 24 a week with yolk.

9 every day

>not eating 36 hard boiled egg whites everyday.
>makin it
user I have bad news....

Someone post the screencap

posting a reminder from a med student that dietary cholesterol doesnt elevate your ldl levels and "too much eggs are bad for you" is a myth

Zero because I am not a degenerate egg eater kek

kek

I eat 50 eggs a day, so 350 a week.

>eating more than 2.5 eggs a week
enjoy your prostate cancer

16 eggs a day

112 eggs a week

including yolk

not memeing

All of them. The exact number isn't as important as there not being any left.

>skipping the yolks
the 90s called, they want their junk science back.

Not enough.

DONT EVER REMOVE YOLKS YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS.

unless you have family that eats them or some kind of pet. then you can be as retarded as you want.

Just boiled and peeled 10. That'll get me through the weekend.

21. You can read it as twenty one, but I pronounce it as tweny one, because only fagroots spell the t

I go through the costco 60 egg packs every two weeks between my wife and myself. We even started to buy the liquid egg whites as well.

Or if you have a circulatory system and want it to remain functioning into your adult years

Observably false

ibcmt.com/2009-03-16-EffectsOfDietaryCholesterolOnSerumCholesterol-PaulHopkins.pdf

fuck i love this

5 eggs a day unless I eat out so about 30-35

>a med student knowing anything about nutrition

2 every morning which equates to around 36 per week

hi mom. hows the 80's ?

A dietetics degree is just watered down premed. Soooo.....

What did he mean by this

Your total serum cholesterol consists of high-density lipoprotein, or HDL cholesterol; low-density lipoprotein, or LDL cholesterol; and triglycerides. Levels are reported in milligrams per deciliter of blood, or mg/dL. The American Heart Association defines normal total cholesterol as less than 200 mg/dL.

so every result in that chart is well below the ceiling of normal, also includes good cholesterol, and indicates people started this diet with 0 cholesterol of any kind. Great Job!

>1958

Next you're gonna tell me the Earth is flat because there is no observable curve on the horizon

2 or 3 full eggs per day. considering i'm 210lbs full grown man that actually lifts, it's not a lot.

>so every result in that chart is well below the ceiling of normal

It shows change in cholesterol, not what the total cholesterol is. The meta-analysis posted with it also shows clearly that LDL cholesterol increases with dietary cholesterol/egg intake. The claim that dietary cholesterol doesn't raise LDL cholesterol is easily proven false.

none, they taste greasy

In what way was the technology/knowledge of 1958 limited to the point where measuring the effect of egg yolk on serum cholesterol levels would be unreliable? The 50s is when research into cholesterol really kicked off.

posting a reminder from real life that you're wasting a quarter to a half a million in student debt to ONLY be "trained" to push the latest corporate trademarked pills

Is it painful to be as dumb as you?

well who would know that since the chart just says "serum-cholesterol" not "change in serum-cholesterol"

and again change in serum cholesterol refers to increase of hdl and ldl which is fine as long as the gap between them is small.

but yeah that other guy was wrong about it having no affect on ldl levels. still doesn't mean don't eat eggs though.

>I'm an overweight man who regularly strains his constricted cardiovascular system with repeated vanity exercises and thinks it's OK to basically run cement through my veins

one of these days, senpai, you're going to grunt and valsalva down into that hole and never come up or flex out for keeps while diddling

>well who would know that

The second you see a starting point of 0, it should be obvious

>and again change in serum cholesterol refers to increase of hdl and ldl which is fine as long as the gap between them is small.

In most cases, it disproportionately raises LDL

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11333841

Roughly 4000 depending on deals at the local supermarket.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20683785
>In contrast, Weggermans et al. [13] analyzed 17 clinical studies and concluded that eggs or other cholesterol-rich foods raise the ratio total cholesterol to HDL-C, adversely affecting the associations with CHD risk. However, clinical trials evaluating DC effects from the past three decades show that effects of DC on plasma cholesterol obtained in the short term (eg, 2 weeks) do not reflect the effects of high intakes over longer periods of time

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15648400
>Compared to the values obtained after 8 wk of egg-free period, the mean serum total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, HDL cholesterol, total cholesterol/HDL ratio, VLDL cholesterol and triglycerides were not significantly different after 8 wk of egg consumption. However, the serum total cholesterol after 4 wk of egg consumption was significantly higher than the control values. Further, seven subjects out of 18 had an appreciable elevation of serum total cholesterol or LDL cholesterol, or both, after 8 wk of egg consumption. The study suggests that in young healthy Indian subjects on a vegetarian diet, consuming one egg per day raises serum cholesterol levels at 4 wk but in the majority baseline values are restored by 8 wk. However, some hyper-responders continue to have elevated serum cholesterol even at 8 wk

many

All of them

I have four with breakfast everyday.

>>tfw these shitposts make me worry about getting heart disease

AM I GONNA DIE BREHS

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20683785

Written by Maria Luz Fernandez, a long-time shill of the egg industry who conducts shoddy pro-egg research with funding from the American Egg Board.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15648400

A meta-analysis is a better way to look at the relationship, but even in this study you had people whose LDL went up significantly and HDL even went down while eating one egg a day. The lack of background diet information on the subjects in this study make it hard to determine what caused the differences in results.

One thing worth noting is that the "hyperresponders" to eggs started with an LDL of about 90mg/dl during the egg-free period before going up to 128 by week 8, while the "hyporesponders" started with an LDL count of 112mg/dl during the egg-free period. They started with high LDL and this likely explains why the addition of 1 egg didn't show much effect.

Poisoning the well & a critical eye only on studies that don't support your obvious anti-egg bias, Excellent standards of evidence you got there.

>anti-egg bias

I look for the best balance of evidence. I post meta-analysis that look at collective results of dozens of studies, you link me to an egg industry representative trying to cast doubt on research findings.

Two on cardio days, four on lifting days. So I'd say like... eighteen eggs a week or so. I get most of my protein from other sources, although eggs are still important.

>omg MY study is free of flaws and perfect with OBJECTIVELY SCIENTIFICALLY SUPERIOR inclusion criteria
>urs is OBJECTIVELY SCIENTIFICIALLY INSUPERIOR cuz it's written by someone i don't like )^;

cringe

I didn't say what I posted was perfect and flawless, but it's a hell of a lot more reliable than what you posted. Quit being a baby.

>its hurting my feefees so its not reliable for me, narrative meta on short-term studies that doesn't control for background diet either is much better because double standards

Insecurities much?

What I posted does take background diet into account, particularly baseline cholesterol consumption. And yes, dozens of studies pooled together are more reliable than one study, the results of which were probably due to this

How does regular exercise affect LDL levels while eating eggs?

Exercise helps lower LDL, so it would be the net effect of the LDL-lowering effect of exercise vs the LDL-raising effect of egg yolk. You'd end up with higher LDL than you would if you only exercised and didn't eat eggs, but lower LDL than if you only ate egg yolk and didn't exercise. Some people with genetically low LDL can get away with a bit of yolk, but if you're going for the safest LDL target of

>What I posted does take background diet into account, particularly baseline cholesterol consumption
It is your completely arbitrary and unscientific policy that this is more important in study design than say longer study duration and subgrouping into hyper and hypo-responders. Don't equivocate background diet to dietary cholesterol intake either, they did a washout and the Indian vegetarian diet contains little cholesterol without eggs.

>Egg was the major source of dietary cholesterol during the experimental period, and milk and milk products its only source during the control period. The subjects maintained a report card in which they made a daily entry regarding taking, or not taking, the egg, and also recorded any major changes in their diet or physical activity.

>Therefore the major sources of dietary cholesterol in India are milk, butter and egg. Since milk and butter are taken sparingly, taking one egg containing 250 mg cholesterol per day would still leave the cholesterol intake within the permissible limit of 300 mg per day set in the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Step I diet (14)

>And yes, dozens of studies pooled together are more reliable than one study
Not necessarily if the methodology of the pooling and/or individual studies are poor.

I smashed 8 for breakfast yesterday senfam
50 grams of protein CMON

>It is your completely arbitrary and unscientific policy that this is more important in study design than say longer study duration and subgrouping into hyper and hypo-responders.

8 weeks isn't longer duration, and look at the way they classified "hyper" and "hypo" responders. The people who started with lower cholesterol, and therefore were more susceptibile to the effects of dietary cholesterol, were called hyper-responders for showing a sizeable increase. The "hypo-responder" group was made up of people who already had high LDL, so weren't as affected. The idea of "hypo" and "hyper" responders was made popular by egg industry researchers like Maria-Luz Fernandez. It's just a way to rig results and ignore harmful effects caused by egg. Relatively healthy people react negatively to eggs? They're just abnormal "hyper-responders" that don't count. People whose health is already jeapordized at the start of the study don't see further damage from small increases in egg consumption? There you go, eggs have no harmful effects.

Good explanation about the cholesterol myth here:

viriculture.com/a-rehash-of-the-corroborative-evidence-against-modern-healthy-lifestyle-practices-part-4-cholesterol-and-salt/

>8 weeks isn't longer duration
It's longer than a lot of what you're posting. for example we can see that 112 > 10 with simple arithmetic.

> and look at the way they classified "hyper" and "hypo" responders. The people who started with lower cholesterol, and therefore were more susceptibile to the effects of dietary cholesterol, were called hyper-responders for showing a sizeable increase.
Don't know where you're getting that from, the paper I linked shows no statistically significant differences in baseline LDL between the groups.

>The idea of "hypo" and "hyper" responders was made popular by egg industry researchers like Maria-Luz Fernandez. It's just a way to rig results and ignore harmful effects caused by egg. Relatively healthy people react negatively to eggs? They're just abnormal "hyper-responders" that don't count. People whose health is already jeapordized at the start of the study don't see further damage from small increases in egg consumption? There you go, eggs have no harmful effects.
Now you're just talking out of your ass like most of the interpretive bullshit in that image. Hypo-/hyper-responsiveness to dietary cholesterol is a well-known phenomenon in experimental models and independent of other health markers. Give me citations to back any of this up in humans or shut up.

>"the cholesterol myth"

Here's a good rebuttal to anti-science cholesterol deniers.

youtube.com/watch?v=6bSdnQ1MKGo
youtube.com/watch?v=qGt97ojn5zs
youtube.com/watch?v=SD48EGuP0QY

3 eggs a day, im cutting

lol, people still think they can smear people who disagree about scientific conclusions by calling them 'deniers'. it's a sure sign you don't want people to think critically when you throw around labels like that.

>It's longer than a lot of what you're posting

That was just an image of a graph from a study used to show that egg yolks clearly affect serum cholesterol levels. The study actually linked is a meta-analysis of studies that's meant to be the main point of my post.

>Don't know where you're getting that from, the paper I linked shows no statistically significant differences in baseline LDL between the groups.

You posted the abstract, here's the full paper

ijpp.com/IJPP archives/2004_48_3/286-292.pdf

As separate groups, Table 4 shows "hyper-responders" who started with a decent LDL level. Table 5 shows "hypo-responders" who started with much higher LDL.

90.34mg/dl vs 112.58mg/dl

I've never ate an egg in my life. To make a long story short, I've had an irrational fear of them for as long as I can remember. The fact that there's health scares around them has meant that I've never had an incentive to overcome my fear.

What am I missing Veeky Forums? The fact that threads like this exist clearly means that eggs are Veeky Forums approved.

>The study actually linked is a meta-analysis of studies that's meant to be the main point of my post.
Weggemans was >=14 days. Hopkins didn't even have a minimum duration limit. If you re-ran some exclusively longer-term data through regression analysis please feel free to share it.

>As separate groups, Table 4 shows "hyper-responders" who started with a decent LDL level. Table 5 shows "hypo-responders" who started with much higher LDL.
Exactly. Not statistically significant. What's your point?

When all your ''''people'''' can only make ridiculous Deepak Chopra style arguments there is no reasoning with them. At this point all we can do in response is laugh.

>durr I want to stay ignorant and flaunt ignorance and there's nothing you can about it, faggots

Sorry kiddo but the deb8 is over, you already lost. Smearing is just a compliment, you were born that way.

this

Cholesterol doesn't just stick to artery walls willy nilly. There has to be damage in your arteries for cholesterol to be used to patch up the damage.

So 36 eggs is fine?

Not an argument.

>gains
>removing yolk
pick one

10 Egg Whites a day plus 5 Whole Eggs
15 x 7 = 105
Eggs are cheap in Houston,TX , I get 60 for 4$

You have to eat all the eggs

>there are people who eat raw eggs

Came here to post this

I try to eat like 4 a day