Have you ever failed a lift, Veeky Forums?

Have you ever failed a lift, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t2_8GjcxHS0
youtube.com/watch?v=Po6CTMWKFF0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

idiot doing oly lifts with back against wall

what can go wrong.jpg

Not sure it would have helped him to land on a plate tree instead

>asking a question you already know the answer to

What happend to him OP?

Yep, I missed like three cleans today. I always tend to miss a couple with an axle because it tends to spin out of your hands on the second pull, you need to keep concentrating on holding the bar. I can power clean 250 on a normal bar but 230 with an axle is a struggle.

Y-yes

the question for this board should be "has lifting failed you?"

following this. did he died?

youtube.com/watch?v=t2_8GjcxHS0

OP here, the person who posted this in /gif/ said that he died

I'm not gonna lie, I fail every time I'm at the gym. I try the next weight and fail every time.

But a week after I can lift that failed weight.

If you've never failed a lift, you've never pushed yourself hard enough.

>Oh you

Looks like he snapped his neck.

No because I'm awesome

He twitches at the very end, watch his right hand and his face, not sure if that means anything

so i literally just watched someone die. cool

>a week after

Noob gains

it's nerves in the throes of brain death, like twitchy legs after you smash a spider

nice dubs

You can also see him blink and open his mouth.
Looking at it frame by frame, it looks like he managed to push the bar forward a bit so that it didn't come down on his neck. The bar lands on his upper chest and appears to bounce off the underside of his chin.
So my answer to & is that he is probably not severely injured. He landed flat on his back as well, so the likely scenario is that he got the wind knocked out of him and took a hard hit to the face.

He didnt die, he has this video on youtube on his channel.

here, you're right.
>115kg.Was ok after. No injuries (Edit: Nope. Don´t even think it. Still no. Still? No! It´s not Crossfit!)
Seems like a fall of bloodpressure. Did a few lift afterwards and went home. Snatched max next day just fine.
>he kept lifting
youtube.com/watch?v=Po6CTMWKFF0

He is fine. He personally uploaded this video.

newfags

Wow, you sure nailed that 15 minutes after someone else linked the video in this thread.

I'm impressed bro

any gains are noooob gains!?!?!?

Doing bench and hurt my shoulder.
Didn't crush my neck or anything, just lowered onto stomach and sat up

Just yesterday. Was going for a 265 squat and managed to grind 4 reps but after the descent on the 5th attempted rep I tried to get up again and stopped halfway through, struggled and tried to control the weight and ended up getting my ring and middle finger stuck between the safeties and the bar. Nothing broken just some bruises and the nail on my middle finger was folded up. They just folded it back again and advised me to not lift for at least a week.

yeah, i was doing an OHP with a warmup weight (30kg) when suddenly my shoulder just jumped into a freaky angle. i dropped the bar immediatley. no weight, but it was scary as fuck - i felt perfectly fine, then the next moment it just teleported into a weird ass angle. i dont think i can ever OHP the same

Try cleaning the weight and sitting on an upright bench, then sit there and do your OHPs. The back support will give you confidence and you can eventually go back to the normal way.

Failed bench a few times on my last reps, never injured myself though, but had to get a dude to lift it off me kek

Failed squat once, had to drop and let the safety bars take it. Glad those things are there, since I went the wrong way and would have ended up with it crushing the back of my neck.

Made a pretty loud noise, whole gym was looking.

Did he died?

yeah dropped the bar doing squats on wednesday. nbd

Fell over backwards the first time I tried to snatch.

Smashed the bar into my jaw doing OHP

I almost failed a 50kg bench press yesterday

my last set is always to failure. if i don't nearly die it's not a good lift

Did 140kg diddly for first time yesterday. Got it up easy and almost blacked out on top.

Lifting for 2 months now

Once failed squat and bench with no spotter but only came out of it with broken ego

Have fun in traction

>they just stand looking at him lying on the ground for ten seconds

Man i swear people lack the ability to act without thinking needlessly.

Fantastic for 2 months bro. Very nice.

I used to bench to failure every time and roll of shame. Every chest workout for years alone in my garage. Until I got my throat pinned under 80kg.

Didn't take the form seriously because it was a warm up set and I was angry. Near fucking died in the sense that I actually don't know what happened that got the bar. No idea.

I've failed a million squats. I've failed a million Deads. I've failed curls.

Fuck it I've failed everything.
I've also done the same as that guy in the vid but without the wall. Fortunately I did a lot of wrestling at the time and just threw my knees forward and breakfalled properly. Kept the bar over my throat and was AOK.

I can't watch the end does he necksnap?

>They run forward and try to pick him up with a possible neck fracture

Thank God you were too stupid to become a doctor or EMT

>do something which could snap your neck
>jump up without second thoughts instead of asking them to call an ambulance just in case
absolute madman

OH YEAH BABY, ENTER THE TRAPHOUSE

>Works out till failure every day

Godspeed user

no, actually he responded in full on YouTube and he comes out perfectly fine and unscathed. He just lots consciousness during the front squat. He even admitted the noise from his head hitting the mirror was amplified by the room and the camera he was using, or something.

u mad newfag?

lurk more

There's a massive difference between running to him and shaking him like a bottle of Coke and just standing there doing jack fucking shit with a confused expression on your face you dumb motherfucking piece of cockmongling shit.

trying hard

did rack pull yesterday with like 170kg raw mixed grip
i think i can go heavier

works traps like a dream
im still a dyelest dyel skinnyfat there is

>maxing out weekly

that's retarded bro

First time I went to the gym. I was trying to bench press 50kg while some tropical girl with her mom were doing some shit with the cable machines.
After one set of 10 I almost fainted. I keep going because well, there's a qt3.14 watching (and her daughter) so I can't go down in weight.
After 5 reps or so I'm absolutely done. I try to rack the weight but I miss the hook on one side. I try to lift the bar back up again but I can't. One side of the bar dropped to the floor trapping me between the bench and the bar. (lmao)
The nice ladies help me out.
So yeah, that was my first day at the gym