Hi Veeky Forums so my girlfriend has been doing some leg/hip extentions as well as donkey kicks and her knee hurts like...

Hi Veeky Forums so my girlfriend has been doing some leg/hip extentions as well as donkey kicks and her knee hurts like hell!?

She can't extend her leg without it snapping cracking and hurting a lot at the knee. She is fairly untrained/novice.
What should we do? Does she just need rest or did she enter snap city?

ALSO

>Injury general

Injury general

>cracking
Magnesium, take more of it.
I had that as DYEL too.

Serious question thou::::

Does deadlifts get you broader shoulders?
It is an all around great strength movement and I want my gf to start doing them, but she is afraid to get broad shoulders and lose her feminine figure.

Thanks for the info!!
Did it also hurt like hell? Does Mg and Omega-3 help against pain?

RICE for now maybe some anti-inflam. Meds.

Give more info on how and when etc.. Any snaps/acute things or was This the day After? Details

Take her to Dr's before it gets worse/ it could be something serious

>be 2 months in dyel
>Diddly 140kg first time
>Get it up
>Almost passed out

People were asking me if im ok but i was fine in like 3 minutes

Shit was kind of scary

your gf is fucking normie

she wont get broad shoulders untill she has higher testosterone than you. Girls hardly get any muscle

It started about the day after, it has been 4 days now and it seems getting worse, the more she walks etc....

Thnaks.. gonna start encourage her more. She is very petite and I doubt she gets super broad shoulders just from 2 deadlifts/ per week.

Might be that lifting irritated already weak joints

Go to doc

take her to a doctor you moron

Well her father got bad knees, and her smaller brother allready have reumatism in his knees, he had to abort his education to become an electrician, couldn't even sit on his knees.

Is she just fucked?

Lol, no

The thing is, we used to run together 2 years ago and he had no problems. Just some donkey kicks fucked her knees up good, just the left one though. Maybe it will just pass, or is it something worse?

Well go figure dumb dumb
1,Her family has shit joins
2,You try to train her and her joints start to hurt
I guess she has bad joints buddy

is it really so unfortunate? Feels bad man, I got together with bad genetics.

Recommend any leg exercise that doesn't hurt the joint? (lol there can't be anyone)

I thought you could get better with exercise...

Obviously you can stregthen your joints with exercise, maybe after she heals and she feels up to it you can suggest using lighter weights or simply doing BW exercises. Maybe she just fucked up badly with form. Visiting a doctor might be a good idea.
Anyway it is not like everyone has great genetics, if you cant accept that ppl have faults that are outside of their control maybe you should dump the girl.

Yeah well when I started lift I got a huge strain on my elbows for every exercise involving arms... I could not do 3-times a week exercises so i just had toi rest. I was very untrained before. Now I do 3-4 times a week and my elbows start to hurt at the end of workouts. Maybe she just need to rest a bit more between days, as I had to do at the bvegnning?

Thnaks everybody for great advice, much appriciated.

Maybe she needs more magnesium, omega-3 and longer rests in the beginning. Knee's are irritated every day outside of the gym and it gets worse. Gonna recommend her to see her doctor about it if it doesn't get away soon.

It didn't hurt but it always cracked.

She might've been doing them wrong, or just has a shit knee.
Schedule an ortho appointment, now.

Sounds like some kind of tendonitis.

>Doing leg extinctions
Just don't let her so them

Or maybe its beginning of joint shit that isnt even related to lifting weights like low hydration, not enough microelements or hormonal issue

Go see doctor

Ice and ibuprofen if it inflamed. Heat if it's stiff. Rest. Tell her to stop exercising immediately if there's pain during exercise. Pain the next day is less of an issue, but if anything hurts 2 days in a row, it's time to rest.
Add glucosamine and cartilage to her morning vitamins. Always stay hydrated.

If it doesn't get better in 2 weeks, go to a doc.

My guess is her hips are weak and her knee is pronating during the movement, putting a lot of torque on it. Lower the weight and work on core and hips some?