Is there anything wrong with a machine-only routine if I only care about aesthetics?

Is there anything wrong with a machine-only routine if I only care about aesthetics?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=42nx83YTiFw
youtube.com/watch?v=aCi7NMOSUic
youtube.com/watch?v=DpRUKLKCY-w
youtube.com/watch?v=5Pbc4IYy85g
youtube.com/watch?v=z5-mD6Dy7c0
youtube.com/watch?v=4_4GJ6sCKcU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

But you're not a machine, you're a man.

Yes

You won't get aesthetic

But you should listen to gambinos new album mate, pure fire

pleb taste.
Listen to JonWayne, fucking gambino thinks he´s a superstar

bumppppppoppp

You already got your answer. Machines suck and won't give good gains, plus you'll look like a fag. Man up and do free weights

There's really nothing wrong with it, it's way safer and less annoying, as long as you lift heavy and keep going till failure you will get big with machines. free weights is just a meme people fall for.

thanks senpai

With all those different machines available you can get pretty far aesthetics wise.

However what are your arguments to rather not use dumbbells/barbells?

I started working out with machines only and I instantly regretted it the first time I tried benching. My stabilizers were shit and shaky bar almost made me fall off with very few weight even. Despite being somewhat muscular already I was outlifted by even the skinniest guys in the gym. Dont be stupid, do compounds.

I hate that feeling of "mental stress" you get with free weights

I mostly get it with Squats, but I still get it with say dumbbell bench...kind of hard to explain but I hope you know what I mean

also there's less risk of injury with machines, I'm not disciplined enough to always keep my form in check, and I don't want to ruin my shoulder before I'm 30.

>thanks senpai
>thanks for giving me the answer i wanted to hear
machine-only training is bullshit, you must do free weights to get a strong, stable and aesthetic body

>mental stress
not sure if I get you but is it because others could judge you based on the amount you lift?

>less risk of injury
yes and no. If you think machines will do all the form work for you dont be surprised if you wake up in snap city one day. Espescially if you use high weights. Some machines are quite idiot-proof however a lot are not.

Example? I fucked up my shoulder by using that chest press machine. Now that I know how to bench properly I can use it without any pain or discomfort. Same thing could've happened to my knees due to bad foot placement on the leg press.

>also there's less risk of injury with machines
Someone post the gif where a women breaks her leg on the leg press

proof?
I mean that I'm always worried between sets that I'm gonna fuck up and either hurt myself, look stupid or just miss out on gains

I'm more comfortable when everything is "on rails"

is it even out yet

It takes some time and getting used to. Nobody starts with perfect form. I had kinda the same mindset when I started. But once I added bench, squat and deadlift, got the form down and saw the weight I moved going up every week it was the best thing ever.

Again, machines will be fine to build muscle but:
- injuries can and will still happen if you think you will automatically have perfect form. I get nightmares when I see newbies hopping on some machines the first time.
- do you really wanna walk around all swole up knowing that 90% of the smaller guys in the gym will outlift you in the compounds while you struggle to keep your back straight picking up a pack of bottled water?

I'd fuck pic related so bad

but I've been lifting for two years

now that my weights are higher and higher it's just much harder and strenuous to lift them. I have to take like 3-5 minute rest between sets and lifting for two hours every time is kinda lame

>do you really wanna walk around all swole up knowing that 90% of the smaller guys in the gym will outlift you in the compounds while you struggle to keep your back straight picking up a pack of bottled water?

yeah I really don't care; I just lift so I can put shirtless pics on tinder mostly

>machines
>safer

Well if you've been lifting for 2 years you should know what you're doing.

You could go lighter on compound lifts and do machines after but I wouldnt drop them completely.

>dat pic

Doesn't she mean "float" and not "swim"?

>it's way safer
Not in the long run.
Actually more dangerous even.

Your dick wouldn't reach her vulva.

I only use machines and dumbells cos theres only lifting place at the gym which is always in use and I don't wanna check youtube vids for correct form whilst at the gym.
I was hoping to start lifting once i'm comfortable doing my most of machine reps at the highest setting, will I still suck at lifting once I build up this strength?

Her skin has been heavily photoshopped, but I would too user.

I would too.

Machines are objectively inferior, unless you are elderly, injured, or you've never, ever lifted before.

Now, if all you care about is asthetics, then certain LIFTS may be of questionable value to you, e.g. the deadlift.

My advice would be to spend most of your time at the dumbbell rack.

You ain't no barbell either.

kek I actually got a labral tear on the bench machine because I had this same thought.
>tfw it's taken me months of practice and therapy but I can barbell bench with better form than 90% of everyone at my gym and my chest is finally growing. 0 pain, I love it.

OH NO

I already do that

what would I miss out on by switching from dumbbells to machines?

didnt know anyone on Veeky Forums likes jonwayne, nice

youtube.com/watch?v=42nx83YTiFw

he actually lost quite a bit of weight, still could lose a bit more though

I would fuck the shit out of her. She so fat, but that face.

she looks like the kind of girl that would have bullied me in high school, shes got a mean face i dont like it

If you only use machines, any time you might lift a heavy free weight, for example a heavy box in daily life, you have an increased risk of injury.

mean face means more testosterone for my children

t. certified bro scientist

So what are the chances of this actually happening? This webm has made me paranoid as fuck when I use the leg press.

wtf it's the opposite

butterface but THAT THICC BODY GOSHDARN

Dubs don't lie

>I watch this every time
>I cringe everytime
Please tell me this is fake

>people listen to rap/hiphop at the gym instead of synthwave

fucking plebs

i do both, but i dont like synthwave as much

i went to a synthwave show once it was just a bunch of sweaty metal heads standing around hardly dancing and some really scantily clad trannies, really shit

you're listening to the wrong bands

and who cares about the quality of music live versus just traditional mp3s in the gym? don't be obtuse.

try some perturbator or the hotline miami soundtracks

perturbator was the show i saw lmao

its ok music, i just know a lot better rap than synthwave

all of the hotline miami soundtrack is sick, i just dont like the heavy synthwave stuff as much as the sadder tracks like:

youtube.com/watch?v=aCi7NMOSUic

Dust is by far my favorite track from the hl miami ost.
youtube.com/watch?v=DpRUKLKCY-w

I also like aoki's remix of mr taxi, only the quiet parts though.
youtube.com/watch?v=5Pbc4IYy85g

This one isn't bad either, I think.
youtube.com/watch?v=z5-mD6Dy7c0

Do you know of any tracks like these?

youtube.com/watch?v=4_4GJ6sCKcU

Why didn't you pick up a trap

haha wow i just got cucked. i figured perturbator would be cool to go see

but oh man my fucking nigga, i love remorse. remorse, dust, untitled, and around are GOAT sadcore synthwave.

i feel you man, you do you. i prefer heavier synthwave but the sad stuff is goat

I only know dust from those, I'll save the other 2 to listen to those later. M O O N is ok. I always thought he was overated in the first one, he isn't that great at production. Definitely stepped it up in the second game's ost.

Scared of AIDs. One was actually quite hot though, took me ages to realise they were a trap. Still only about 60-70% sure they were, really feminine.

The music wasn't bad, it's not exactly my thing but it's still very good/atmospheric. It's just the crowd was terrible. I'm used to going to dance shows where everyone's rolling their tits off and dancing like mad, so comparitively yeah it really really sucked. There were some people dancing a bit, but the overall crowd was dead. Didn't help that the venue wasn't great either.

THATS TOO THICK
THATS JUST FAT!!!

Whale in pic is in no way fuckable what is wrong with you people.

>not being a fet fetishist

L O W T E S T
O
W
T
E
S
T