/plg/ Powerlifting General

A thread for discussions on the sport of Powerlifting.

youtube.com/user/powerliftingtv

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DE-gzoFgk0M
youtu.be/JC5h-6QgHwo
strengthandconditioningresearch.com/hypertrophy/regional-hypertrophy/
youtu.be/o5F0Fmj9g8U
youtu.be/Nmtb_B-COrM
youtu.be/vXSSMqO_VIU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for premiere hates me

hey trappy you here? youre a faggot but at least you give advice

doing deadlifts for a bit over a year now, hit 5x180kg as working weight of which I am both disappointed and proud because I put a lot of effort into it. but my shitty gym has smaller plates than the olympic ones during meets. so I've been basically doing deficit deads all this time. I also never used a belt

how will this affect my competition deadlift?

Why do you people keep making new threads before bump limit?

do u squat double bodyweight yet

Bojangles boba flesh bonsai

to trigger nerds like you

Did a while ago desu

Your competition deadlift will be stronger than you expect, and you'll be more explosive off the floor.
On the other hand, you won't have a good idea/estimate of how much you can actually lift in comp.

The ideal thing for training is to put rubber mats under the plates until they reach the competition height, though. So that you know which weights to use more precisely.

kekk what issues are you having?

I think that one is pretty much the only 3-days routine that I have saved as img.
But it's such a "cookie cutter" template that you can just customise it with stuff you want and taking out stuff you don't want and it will still be good.

>how will this affect my competition deadlift?
You'll be thrown off by the changes you have to make but the lift itself is easier so you'll lift a little bit more, hard to say much more. I don't think it will make a huge difference considering the plates at your gym probably only have a few cm smaller diameter. When I pulled 200 kg I was probably good for a single at 190 pulling from a bumper plate.

prepare your angusi

HE'S COMING :0

Is he opening with 300 in every lift?

STINKY

SMELLY

Thaanks for the answer. Your version has quite a bit more volume than the original template. You think that could become a problem?

And i can just exchange excercises? I feel like I need more triceps, because it's holding me back in my bench.

SWEATY

CURRYNIGGER TOPKEK100

Nope, it's a benefit. Volume is good.

But if you feel it's too much for you at this point, just remove a few accessories or lower the volume from the main lifts a little bit and it will become more manageable.
But keep in mind that volume is necessary for progression. If you reduce it to the same volume you've been doing, you might not progress.

Yes, feel free to exchange stuff around.

What is the number one tip I won't believe for maintaining external rotation when pulling sumo? Other than "keep your knees out bro".
I've been pulling PRs lately and knees coming in seems to be the way my body reacts when getting fatigued around 90%. I can still get the reps, but I'd rather have it clean. I do paused deads on another day. Should I increase the pause time?

someone post the video

kk thx

GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD

Triceps are almost never a limiting factor in raw benching.

Anyway, (cable) triceps extensions, skullcrushers, lying triceps extensions, french presses, and dips will hit the triceps hard.

TM is broken by design.
Trying to progress off of just one day of volume is futile for any more than a few weeks.

The volume part is my main reason to like your version. I don't need much volume to progress with squat and deadlift, but for upper body I need lots.

Is 56/81/117,5/147.to early to move on to intermediate training? I'm beginning to stall...

>Triceps are almost never a limiting factor in raw benching.
do you have a source for this? or explanation

What is then? anterior deltoids?

then why is my lockout the hardest part

whats the best tricep assistance exercise involving free weights?

>training at a high intensity has no effect
>DUP is not a thing

Bigger arms will almost definitely bring your bench up.

Overhead extensions with a dumbbell work fine.

Overhead extension if you want to isolate. Maybe even JM press or skullcrushers.
CGBP or dips otherwise.

Unless you're taking a very close grip or don't align the bar over your elbows (bar closer to head than elbows), the demands on the chest muscles are a lot higher than those on the triceps.
I'm not aware of a three dimensional biomechanical analysis of the bench press (like there is for the deadlift), but I would suspect it would show this.
EMG studies however show that the pecs get activated relatively (to chest isolation exercises) more than the triceps get activated relatively (to triceps isolation exercises).

The front delts are used pretty hard on bench presses, especially with a close grip. But with a normal grip, they usually don't limit performance either.
It's usually the pecs that limit performance.
Bigger pecs will give a bigger raw bench.

Are you using a close grip? Try widening your grip a bit.
Some people do have really weak triceps, and yours might actually be limiting you.
That's why I said "almost always".
I've seen it in an old gym buddy of mine too, really strong chest, but no triceps.

Yes, bigger arms will definitely help.
A bigger chest will help even more.

can't get the file size down and it keeps mysteriously trimming the end of my videos

Can you actually isolate different heads or parts of a muscle? A 70 yo bodybuilder at my gym told me the lower part of my triceps is lagging. Isn't this only insertion points and he's spouting broscience?

Rippetoe LTEs boiii

Depends on the muscle.
Some muscles you can almost entirely isolate from its other heads, like the deltoids.
In pushing exercises, all heads of the triceps are used, and any change in the exercise only has minor effects.

Pec major.

But I don't agree 100% with that user. While not as common, triceps can be a limiting factor.

Move on, you'll be fine.
You can decrease the lowerbody volume a little bit and increase the upper volume (more sets) - if needed.

Just adjusst as you go on.

>if a program is not meant to be run forever it's broken by design

lol

Lower the bitrate!
On codec settings, change the Method to Variable Bitrate.

Implied none of those things.

There's a difference between not running a program forever, and a program only working for a few cycles.

Also if it's trimming the video, make sure you didn't move the yellow bar on the export window.

>While not as common, triceps can be a limiting factor.
That's what I meant.
"Almost always" may be a slight exaggeration, but the chest being the limiting factor is definitely a lot more common.

have you noticed any increase in size or noticable increase in strength from these? I tried them for a couple weeks (read: not long enough to know) and didn't see much result

>dup which isnt even a program is a one week training cycle

You literally did. Circamax volume is still meaningful volume, TM isn't just "one day of training" like half of the retards criticizing it seem to think.

are we getting to see something good?

kek no

>Tfw triceps are my limiting factor on bench

>Size
Hell yeah

>Strength
Not quite sure yet, I'll know next cycle since I'm too exhausted to perform all that well

Thanks for your help. I'll finish this week of GSLP and then start TM with slightly changed accessories. In general, my back and biceps grow from whatever and I always could BB row more than bench. My pushing muscles suck, so they're basically all the limiting factor.

Hopefully I can progress over the winter.

Would you mind stating realistic goals around february?

>Tfw triceps are my limiting factor on bench
is your sticking point right at lockout?

>>Size
>Hell yeah
well I guess I'll add them in and see how that shit go

Please post a bench vid?

340+
+

Almost always. Noticed it the most during cuckols 3x beg bench though

Last recorded normal: youtu.be/DE-gzoFgk0M
Last recorded slingshot: youtu.be/JC5h-6QgHwo

SSSCNTK100GTFOMB

>Last recorded normal
but you only struggle off the chest

>taking up a cage to bench
>still having a spotter

>half reps

LMAO at those noodle arms

holy shit

>Last recorded normal
but you only struggle off the chest

What's your bodyweight and height?

If you feel what you need is more pushing strength, customise the program to focus heavily on that.

I know, I do these kind of exaggerations sometimes too.

Okay, no hard feelings.
Thanks for pointing out my exaggeration.

why do you miss the bottom 50% of range of motion?

That was from the decently long pause. Those didn't feel all that hard though, and on any amrap I'll struggle to lock it out.

There are no benches by themselves, all there are are cages. I didn't need a spotter, I just needed a lift off because the pins are just a tad too low for me to unrack it myself without hurting my shoulder at that weight.

I guess the evidence is still inconclusive, but it suggests that you can.
strengthandconditioningresearch.com/hypertrophy/regional-hypertrophy/
Apparently, overhead extension uses the triceps in a similar way to that of benching (can't remember where I read that, so I don't know how legit it is, so take it with a grain of salt). I think that for most people it's best not to think about this stuff, really. Seems like overcomplicating for small benefits. And I know this runs contrary to me recommending overhead extension to you based on some long forgotten reading material.

anyone know a good high frequency squat program?

1,81m, 85 kg. Not the leanest but I enjoy seeing my strength go up, so I was planning to go up to maybe 90 kg, then cut. My pulling strength has always been stronger than my pushing strength.

How is that 200kg? Looks like one plate and then an at the most 250 pound man

Ph3

>you
kek

>There are no benches by themselves, all there are are cages
what the

Can we get an amrap or set to failure then?

I love s&c research.com.
Anyway, I think that regional hypertrophy definitely is possible as explained here

I also think it's probably a marginal difference if at all. The old guy mixes up profound knowledge of 50 years of training with weird broscience. It's hard to distinguish sometimes.

Try 308lbs man

Who is it then?

Benched over 100kg today, senpaitachi. Decided to do some kind of test before starting sheiko, only ever done 87.5kg for reps but got 102.5kg pretty comfortably. Felt like I had 105 but didn't want to fail a rep.

He is almost certainly heavier than that, at least 160kg.

Kiril

Yep, pretty much any and all growth from pressing goes to my chest and shoulders, but mostly my chest.

Bulgarian

>Enabling SSSCNTK100's delusions of grandeur

Saves on space famalamadindong

Here you go, it's kinda old though: youtu.be/o5F0Fmj9g8U

If they really wanted to save on space they should just get proper modular competition racks

>Bulgarian
That's not a program you fat retarded dumbshit, it's a method

That doesn't look like a clear triceps limitation to me. Looks like both chest and triceps are equally being limited.
Do you feel it more in your triceps then?

Oh, wow, thanks.

I wish they did, that looks beautiful

It feels that way, but I've also failed amraps right at lockout and have had amraps where just because it took me so long to lock it out, I'd pass on another rep, despite having it in me for the most part. I've been fixing the problem with tricep isolations, so it will slowly go away.

Dino Please don't summon that bridge troll

It's interesting, because you say that all your gains from pressing go to your chest and shoulders.
If your triceps would really be the limiting factor, they'd be stressed really hard, and I'd imagine they would grow.

How would you explain this apparent contradiction?

Ugh. Alright. It's for the best I guess.

>wear weightlifting shoes
This is with the shoes.
Such is life.

thank you dino

Thank you Dino

>tfw lifting at commercial gym and have to use normie benches and cages

How I'm built. youtu.be/Nmtb_B-COrM at 1:30 kinda explains it.

>mfw someone stole our deadlift bar 6 months ago....

I really dislike that omar isuf guy.
I get what you mean though.

Good luck with your bench.

dont be upset
they were doing you a favour

Any idea how long I should wait to start working out again after a head/eye injury. I got sucker punched on Sunday and think I got a small fracture on the right side of my temple/orbital area.

Feel pretty normal right now but got a black eye and some bleeding in my eye but no problems with vision or moving my eye.

Oh also I'm a poor amerifag with no insurance so I can't go to the doctor.

you voted trump, you deserve it

you voted trump, you deserve it

try 177.4kg

Can somebody explain how I can get my back straight? Been doing sumo butbdecided tobswitch back to conventional but I'm still shit at it. Felt relatively easy but I still fucked up. Also, sorry for showing my undies.(

youtu.be/vXSSMqO_VIU