You are now a Soviet citizen in the 1930's. How will you maximize your chances of not getting purged?

You are now a Soviet citizen in the 1930's. How will you maximize your chances of not getting purged?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrier_troops#Barrier_troops_in_the_Red_Army
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Leave

Get the fuck out of the USSR.

Get the fuck out of dodge.

by not engaging in anti-revolutionary capitalist activities

Yeah basically this

t. 'Icepick' Trot

Say nothing. Go to work. Go home.

Join the army and hope I get stationed on the Manchukuo border

ring Stalin and scold him for sending the NKVD to my house

Volunteer to be a border guard and arrest

by living in stealth mode - be low level employee and don't seek for promotions, most people who were purged were managers or top level at their organizations including gulag and nkvd officers

I mean yeah, this will do it

>*catches you eating food

Start a fastfood chain called BurgerTsar

Be the regular factory worker.
Unfortunately you'll be sent to the front and die in a matter of years. Enjoy your extra time.

>>Catches you looking after the new born of a woman taken to the gulag
>>You turn it into the authorities
>>They have a quota to fill so they nab you anyways since you're already at the station

Is having food an 'anti-revolutionary capitalist activity'?

how old is that .gif

Like 10 years

Pretty dam easily, just dont be involved with the party, military or any politically/economically important position.

Move to finland

Play of the game

Become a quiet party bureaucrat. Be the head of some small factory or something and play the long game. In about 60 years the USSR will fall apart and I'll be left with a vast industrial empire, becoming a post-soviet oligarch.

Join the NKVD

How strict was border security? Would the soviets stop you if you tried to defect to finland? And would the finns even take you?

>join NKVD
>during party cleansing which was basically what happened in 1930s
is this Veeky Forums or my browser is glitching and I'm currently posting on /pol/?
this

>How strict was border security? Would the soviets stop you if you tried to defect to finland?
Very strict. You couldn't even freely travel within the USSR without express permission. You were literally tied to the place where you work. If you had no reason to leave your hometown (such as visiting relatives or going on a work-related trip, "kommandirovka"), there you would stay. Travelling abroad was, of course, completely out of the question.

>And would the finns even take you?
No. Nobody wants slavniggers.

Join the Army

The NKVD was conducting the purges. It was only after the purge that the head of NKVD and prominent scheming jew Yezhov was liquidated and replaced by Gruzin monkey Beria.

Being a rank-and-file officer of the NKVD was probably pretty good. They were well fed and their role in the war mainly consisted of manning machine guns pointed at their own troops to stop them from deserting or retreating.

Not be white

>manning machine guns pointed at their own troops to stop them from deserting or retreating
educated by enemy at the gates, eh?

It really happened.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrier_troops#Barrier_troops_in_the_Red_Army

That's kind of a gamble man
You're coinflipping on either living a cushy life doing nothing or being part of the worst fighting ever seen by humanity excepting places like Verdun

Not really, my grandfather grew up in a post war Stalingrad, one of the people who lived in his apartment building was part of a 'blocking detachment'. I've talked to him a couple of times and he told me some interesting stories. They were made up of the worst shots in the unit, they rarely fired, they were mainly used as intimidation. The only time they actually fired was if someone was trying to defect to the enemy. They were treated horribly by the guys in their unit, constantly given the cold shoulder, sometimes beaten up so they were quickly relocated to different units later on.

>they didn't actually fire THAT often, just pointed their guns at their compatriots
Wow so this is the power of being a tankie

Show intense loyalty to the party, but not too much as to seem suspicious.

even according to wikipedia they
>detained
deserters, not shot them on sight you imbecile
if Soviet army had to shot everyone who's retreating they would lose the war in september 1941

The 2001 film Enemy at the Gates shows Soviet Red Army barrier troops using a PM M1910 to gun down the few retreating survivors of a failed charge on a German position during the Battle of Stalingrad. The scene in the film is an accurate depiction of a blocking detachments operation.

>2001 film Enemy at the Gates
>accurate depiction

"Enemy of the Gates" is not in any way an accurate depiction of anything.

Join the navy

so basically everything short of breathing

Take a train/ship to the new world

tell the NKVD to fuck off and threaten them at gunpoint
get off scot free

lolololololololol
retard alert!

By not being a faggot agitator.

become a comintern spy in western europe, lots of jobs in Spain btw

Literally this
>get to live in western europe
>entire lifestyle funded by the ussr
>get to engage in awesome and daring intellegence operations as part of the most compitent secret service in the world
>get tonnes of medals upon return to ussr
>watch idiot americans flailing helplessly and imprisoning their greatest minds in a totally failed attempt to damadge your intellegence network

I don't see the drawback. You either live s comfy boring existence or die a hero. At least you won't get disappeared for wrongthink

yeah but it wasn´t all wine and roses
read The Red Orchestra, guy goes back to Moscow from Paris after ww2 and is thrown in Lubyanka prision for ten years

but dying is likely to involve horrific fighting before that happens.

not to mention that if you're one of the many soviet soldiers captured during the initial german advances, you can expect a crappy life as a PoW & if you manage to escape back to Soviet territory you'll be treated with suspicion at best, shot as a deserter and traitor at worst

I wouldn't go to Spain, unless you're hardcore chekist you might not survive the return because they were seen as infected with the Trotskyite mind virus

then how about going to the UK, make a few homosexual acquaintances in expensive schools and turn them into my cell of sleeping agents as they climb up the social ladder?

Kill myself

As a Russian, all my ancestors had around 100% chances of not getting purged.

The solution is simple. Don't be a member of elite/boss/high ranking party member/old guard officer. Don't do dumb things like actually publicly condemning the government. Don't do criminal stuff.

It just hit me how long have I been here

>Hard mode: You don't have a foreskin
>Elite mode: Your name is Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz

Threaten to shoot the NKVD fags who came to arrest me and then call up Stalin telling him not to purge me

but I´m a fucking red army staff officer, surely I will be out of trouble

Don't support the nazis?

calm down Budyonny

of course, how else could the Soviets win? After all, everyone knows that the nazis only lost because the "inept" and "pathetic" soviets massacred their own men all the way to berlin

Or have food?

Yes

Assassinate Stalin.