Do you all actually enjoy the process of Veeky Forums or is it only about the result?

How many of you actually find it interesting or fulfilling to be super involved about your diet and spending a lot of time and energy working out?

>hurr durr OP is a jealous fat fuck

you're totally right, i am a jealous skinny-fat; that's the whole reason i'm asking this question. sure, if i could take a pill to give myself passion or motivation, i would. but i'm a lazy fuck who can only motivate himself to work for anything for about a week.

so how many of you are like me and don't actually enjoy the process and just like the results you get? how many of you truly are just passionately enjoying the process and how it works in your life?

Other urls found in this thread:

wisdomination.com/screw-motivation-what-you-need-is-discipline/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The results are alright the process is alright in already in too deep to quit and lifting is better than gaming

hello, me

admittedly, that was a much more reasonable answer than i expected

Watching my diet became normal, I don't even notice it anymore. You know just like you don't think a lot about how you brush your teeth every day, etc

And the results are awesome

i brush my teeth twice a day like most people, but i have to force myself to do it every time... it makes sense that i can't commit myself to a health regimen i guess.

but, hey, depression's a bitch, what can ya do

I do. Lifting to me is just like some kind of meditation, I forget about all the worries when I'm lifting. Dieting is also very rewarding, since I was a former fatty - lost nearly 70 lbs in less than a year, I could see positive changes in the mirror pretty much everyday. This transformation helped to build my confidence tremendously.

like, how fat? disgustingly obese? sorta fat?

Nice walmart pepe.
Somebody please post the picture smug pepe in the gym, i need it badly.
Neetbux pepe in advance

I never want to actually lift.

Then I do lift, my mind clears, I feel great, and I wonder why I ever thought of skipping my workout.

Then two days later the cycle repeats.

POAST IT FAMPAI
I NEED THAT PEPE

If u have decent genes cut it down to just the one..brushing twice proly a Colgate invention & completely unnecessary

don't take fucking two rest days faggot

Exactly this, once you get the blood flowing it all makes sense. But I still dread it every time

Two days later wouldn't be two rest days.

>lift on Monday
>two days later is Wednesday
>lift on Wednesday

/autism

The best answer I can give is that I enjoy lifting.

I enjoy the process. If I didn't, I wouldn't lift.

sounds like i'm pretty fucked desu. i don't like it before, during, or after. i lifted 3 times a week for like 5 years straight and only did it because i was a teenager and my parents would have disowned me otherwise; that's how i realized that it will never become just "part of my routine". does anyone have tips on how to accept being physically disgusting?

bravo you sure proved me wrong. if anything it would be /stupidity on my part and not /autism.
missing my intelligence impairment and feeling the need to point it out to me erronately also make you both /autistic and /stupid

not to mention you're a weak faggot. i can't wait to go to the gym everyday and feel like shit if i don't go to the gym on one day, or at least do some cardio. there's benefits to having an addictive personalities too after all
just develop an addiction to lifting op, steroids will help, preworkout might help, jacking it to fat women on Veeky Forums will definitely do the trick ( according to Veeky Forums )

I'm like this but a bit different
I don't always dread lifting before I go, only when I'm tired. In the end whether I had wanted or not doesn't matter though, I feel great once I touch that barbell

I've been at it for a little over a year and I made some allright progress, I'm looking and feeling better than ever before, but I still don't enjoy lifting.

I've slacked off and gone from lifting three times a week to lifting twice a week.

I'm beginning to think lifting in and of itself isn't really for me. My stats are nothing to write home about. I'm looking into doing a martial art or a sport that I can then supplement with lifting.

Here's a picture of a cute lamb because why not.

I dont have much of a social life, in my last year of my bachelors so only 1 day of school. Lifting keeps me in touch with humanity.

If you don't enjoy physical activity you should probably have your testosterone levels check.

Also lay off the frogposting, it'll make you retarded.

Disgusting fucks, here in EU we don't even bother once a week

I enjoy watching the numbers on my lifts go up, and I actually love deadlifting. The diet part kind of just became a subconcious thing,I don't track my macros like I should though.

This is now copypasta

i'm already retarded so i'll keep frogposting; i've had my test levels checked and the doc said i'm "normal", i didn't ask him for the specific numbers though
thank u 4 lamb

If you don't like it don't waste so much time in something you hate, that would be stupid as shit, search for other activities or sports, I do rock climbing and it's really fun.

Lifting isn't for everyone, just search for your thing, something you really love and are passionate about, something you wait for all day, motivates you and helps you with all the bad shit and people in your life.

but is there something for everybody? i have never done a physical activity that i liked and not from lack of trying, i just hate moving my body at all

It's a combination, but some things are better than others.

For the most part I legitimately enjoy working out. It gives me a place to decompress and not think about my problems or issues, and just focus on building myself. Seeing the fruits of the labor has definitely helped me stay motivated, like when I finally broke through a wall and was suddenly able to do strict full ROM pull-ups when just a few months before I couldn't even half rep it.

I've been doing it so long I legitimately feel shitty if I go more than a few days without lifting.

I have no issue watching what I eat, because years of eating somewhat healthy have completely rewired my taste buds and now I can't stand sugar and sweets but I HATE having to micro-manage my macros. HATE. HATE. HATE.

U hafta get the ball rolling..I feel the same way when I've done nothing but laze around..it makes you more dozy and apathetic

like i said earlier, i did weights/cardio 3 times a week for 5 years and i still hated moving my body whenever it wasn't completely necessary

>tfw raised with a shitty fastfood diet as a kid
>parents babied me so I never had to cook
>years pass, somehow i have an ungodly like metabolism and I'm somehow still underweight
>get into lifting, realize i'll never get the body I want eating like I do
>start learning how to cook for myself

As dumb as it fucking sounds, I've never been more proud of myself than when I first successfully cooked a chicken. I'm happy to say my skills have come a long way since then, and doing things like meal prep has actually become therapeutic for me.

There must be something, there are literally thousand of different sports you can try, but I don't know you or your life, if you don't want to try don't. But if you have that feeling that you "must do something" and as I understand that's why you are here and why you asked Veeky Forums go search for it and learn new skills and life experiences. Meet new people and enjoy your life.

>relying on motivation

kek, literally never gonna make it

most of your days will be you struggling to break that barrier and just go to the fucking gym, it's meant to be a struggle, and you should just make it a habit, whenever you don't feel like going, literally just pack your shit and fucking go, keep doing that for months and months and months and once you start progressing in your lifts and making gains, that'll fuel you even more. I don't understand why people think motivation should just be given to them, no, you fucking earn it with your blood, sweat and tears so it can be used as fuel to further your pursuits.

Sometiimes, when I get off an 8 hour shift, and I'm tired, and I have to shit really bad, the last thing I want to do is lift. However, once I'm a set of two in, and the burn begins to hit; I'm more alive than ever. Every rep fills me with determination; and when it's all over? I feel...blissful? I dunno, it all sounds a little autistic when I type it out. Tl;dr yes.

>does anyone have tips on how to accept being physically disgusting?

lifting isnt even close to the only option if you don't want to be fat. it's totally fine to be a skinny guy if that's what you want. experiment with forms of exercise and sport and find something that you enjoy. and not to mention it's possible to be thin from diet changes alone.

I "don't wanna" about half of my gym sessions; I do them anyway, and it seems the ones where I don't feel like it are the ones where I make PRs - certainly more than when I'm hyped to go.

I like doing the research on the biomechanical process and reading on nutrition.

it's a lot better when it is something that is your own decision. it's different that like in school when you might not have been any good at the sports that you played in gym class and you (I'm making assumptions) compared yourself to others. do it on your own terms and take the opportunity to learn something

Its a good break from homework everyday.

It's also easy to pick up a weight everyday and see results. It's shit to study for hours and still do only average on an exam. So it helps with my sense of self worth which is worth more than 'results'.

It's ego..if working to achieve body aesthetics doesn't give u a high that's probably good..if u gota wifenkids or happy anyway with whacha got goin I guess I see u..bettering yrself in the ways that matter to u is fulfilling

I fucking love going to the gym its one of my many addictions, except this one isn't to a substance and is actually positive

It's also a huge plus because it means you can cook yourself meals that are dramatically healthier.

Of course, I got into cooking due to sweets but I don't do that now because of obvious reasons.

I started lifting because I wanted to feel less insecure about my body in general. Now I'm just insecure about very specific parts of my body.

I enjoy the weight lifting aspect, I don't mind tracking my kcals, but I hate cutting like no other.

>does anyone have tips on how to accept being physically disgusting
This much self loathing

Senpai, I like lifting because of the way it makes me feel. I'm not a huge guy, but when I start working out, I get a great pump, which is comparable to having sex with a woman and cumming. I go to the gym, I'm cumming. I come home, I'm coming. Even if I'm going, I'm still coming. Can you imagine how much I am in heaven?

Some people love it, some people hate it but do it anyway. I think hating lifting but doing it anyway is fine, but if you hate the lifestyle it won't work out.

Make small cumulative changes and it'll be much easier to maintain

OP READ THIS
It's the truest article that ever was true
At some point (very early on) lifting and making yourself better becomes its own reward. You just have to push past the first ~2 weeks where you can't see any progress. How? Discipline.
wisdomination.com/screw-motivation-what-you-need-is-discipline/

I'm not gonna lie, I hate going to the gym. It's a childbirth to get out of my house and go to the gym. But once I get there I enjoy it quite a lot.

Had 70 lbs to lose = he was pretty fuckin fat

get to da choppuh

You enjoy it once you get use to it.

Once you're in the "zone" during a workout, it's like a natural high.

Getting to the that point might feel like murder sometimes, but you get there if you work out intense enough.

I hate the trip to the gym and back, but I love training

Let me tell you something my friend. If you dont enjoy something you will NEVER be good at it. Sure as a fatty you could force yourself to lose weight and stuff but at the end of the day if you dont enjoy lifting you wont ever get strong or aesthetic.

Question: How did you work your way up to pullups, I can't do a single one and negatives are too hard for me.

I hate dieting and cardio, but lifting itself is my fucking manna. Couldn't survive without it.

Use bands or use a pull up assistance machine.

everything about fitness is extremely enjoyable.

working out gives me endorphins that get me in cloud 9, happy as hel. I like the feeling of pump also. then there's how you are constantly feeling you have achieved something, multiple times per workout.

then you feel great when you look in the mirror. then you get people looking at you and admiring.

you also develop self-control/dedication, which makes you feel proud of yourself. you actually feel good knowing you can keep a routine.

hell, I also feel great because working out means I can eat whatever I want as long I pay some vague attention to the macros (I eat either chocolate or pizza or cookies or ice-cream every day).

I sleep better, I can runs upstairs or run to catch a bus without getting winded, I can lift heavy stuff no problem.

there's no downside whatsoever to being Veeky Forums.