Fit please help me. dont sugarcoat it, just tell it to me as it is

fit please help me. dont sugarcoat it, just tell it to me as it is

>yesterday OHPing
>30kg, easy, its still my warmup set
>suddenly out of fucking nowhere, my left shoulder literally just TELEPORTS into a freaky angle
>i drop the bar

it wasnt even heavy, one milisecond i was ok the next milisecond my shoulder turned... outward? i dont even remember, i just know i was seeing something i should not be seeing. if anyone knows what could have happened please tell me, it was so fast

>theres no pain
>i stop all exercises and go home
>next day
>shoulder has a slight pain from deep within
>its not muscle soreness, its a little sharper than that

how fucked am i Veeky Forums? this has never happened before. did i lose my shoulder joint card? am i going to end up like those people who keep disconnecting their shoulders again and again? can i never ohp again? PLEASE IM FREAKING OUT

>I have always been afraid of this

Fuck you op, now I will never progress on my stagnant ohp

SERIOUSLY user PLEASE JUST TELL ME WTF HAPPENED SO AT LEAST I CAN GOOGLE SOMETHING. WHAT DID I DO??????????????????????????????????????????????

Just your garden variety dislocation. You're lucky it realigned on its own.

WHAT THE FUCK. WHAT ARE THE IMPLICATIONS OF THIS?

U dun goofed

Once the pain is gone you'll be fine to OHP again. It just happens sometimes. Stop freaking out about it.

no because i know that once people dislocate their shoulders ONCE it happens forever and ever, this sports guy i know has 50 dislocates and he can dislocate his shoulder at night while lying in bed simply by raising him hand backwards

please user please convince me youre right im fucking scared rn, my body has been perfectly fine before this

OP here again, is bench press safer? i think im going to NOT do OHPs for at least half a year to let it heal completely. bench uses different muscles right? in the OHP my shoulder kinda popped downwards towards my feet. in a bench itll be pushing back towards my back, so its different... right? OR AM I DOOMED TO T REX MODE FROM NOW ON

To add, if it happens again it's either do to a muscle imbalance and/or your form is off. At that point I would consult a physician. Or you could just talk to your primary about it now if you're paranoid, rather than take advice from a Norwegian Cheese Culturing Image Board.

I dislocated my right shoulder in high school and it has never happened since. I'm 30. If it was going to happen again it would have by now.

thank you user. please give me more information, it will help to calm me down. how bad was your dislocation? do you also ohp? whats your max ohp weight?

I was climbing an unknotted rope and some fucked swung it, knocking me into the wall. Shoulder dislocated, I fell on it, it popped back in. It hurt like fucking crazy for the rest of the day. Mild ache for a couple days. After a week it was fine. My OHP is 155, bench is lmao2pl8. I don't let the bar touch my chest though to spare my shoulder some stress. There is at least two inches between the bar and my chest at the bottom of the rep. Also, bench is definitely not easier on the shoulders. I always do a light rear delt warm-up before I bench.

Something similar to this happened to me once while OHPing, as well. It was about a year ago.

Halfway through a set of 8 at 155 lbs (a weight and volume that I had done several times before with absolutely no complications) I felt a pop deep in my body. Immediately noticed a dull ache in my upper back and ended my workout. Felt sore the rest of the night, but when I woke up in the morning the real hell started.

I took literally a minute trying to get out of bed due to how bad the pain in my neck and upper back were. Examined myself in the mirror and didn't notice any bruising or darkening of the skin. My ROM was normal aside from the immense pain I had while moving my neck and pinning my shoulders back, and aside from that my body felt totally normal. I self-diagnosed it as a pulled muscle, took a week off and iced it several times a day. In about a week and a half I made a full recovery.

thank you anons for the mental support

but im not taking any fuckin chances and am gonna see a doctor right fucking now

:((((((((((((((((

goodbye anons /end thread/

Not if you're careful. Dislocated my knee years ago.
Most excruciating pain in my life. No issues since.

I have a similar issue, minus the teleporting. I have no idea how it happened, but I've had a deep, sharp pain in my shoulder for the past few weeks, feels extactly like when I had a pinched nerve in my hip, only now it's in my shoulder. No pain during most of the day unless I move my arm weird, but there is pain when I wake up as I sleep on my side.

My guess, you only percieved your shoulder teleporting to a weird angle due the process of pinching the nerve. Nothing you can really do now put lighten your load and hope it works its way out of the pinch.

Here's what you need to do to confirm if it was a dislocation, you're gonna need someone to help you with this.

Lie down on your back and have the person abduct your arm to 90° with your elbow bent at 90° as well and pointing to the ceiling. Next the person will slowly rotate your shoulder outwards so that your hands point up (or in the same direction as your head). If at any point you feel apprehensive or instability you will reflexively stop the person from completing the movement and this most likely indicated a recent dislocation. This is called an apprehension test. It is essential that the movements are completely passive, I.e.you should not help the person move your arm but rather he moves your arm for you fully.

If the test is +ve, repeat it again but now have the person press down on your shoulder as he does it. If you no longer feel apprehensive then this is even more confirmatory of a previous dislocation.

A +ve apprehension test is also indicative of general instability. So work on that and don't stop lifting but obviously don't push your self until you feel that you're fully healed.

Finally, be careful performing this test as it could lead to a repeat dislocation if you are too forceful and the tissue has not fully healed yet.

Op, your best advice will come from learning about shoulder subluxations.

Hi fit

Doctors update

He says likely popped out and back in immediatley, nothing torn, should be ok in a week

Gonna not do it for 2 weeks to be safe

at least you didn't hurt your hip from squatting. I have nerve pain for 2 days now. Doc said just chill and stretch. I have to walk on campus for an hour a day. This shit is too much. Everytime I feel the funny bone tingle in my hip which is the nerve I stop and then limp a little. I should just lift for girls

tell me how u hurt it so me and other anons can not do it

chill out you fucking nigger and take a week off from OHP if you're so freaked out.

Just take an afternoon off from lifting, and slowly reintroduce the weight by increments. Start at 5kg, and add 5kg for each set. When you complete 5 or 6 sets, you will be fully rehabilitated.

I injured my rear trap/ shoulder muscle doing rack pulls with lmao 2pl8 yesterday.

I have no idea how, did proper warm up, foam roll, stretch, light weight pulls.

Hurt like hell in the morning, couldn't get up from my bed. But today it feels perfectly normal. Can only feel a pull when I turn my head.

*left shoulder teleports behind you*
psssh, nothing functional kid

y u do this to my seids

lucky, i dropped the bar too fast from the top while doing OHP and injured my rotator cuff, had to stop lifting for a long ass time and still sometimes i get scared when i push myself cause i feel a little sting, never did rehab exercises or anything.

Sounds like a subluxation. Not as bad as a dislocation but you will probably need some rest.