/plg/ Powerlifting General

A thread for discussions on the sport of Powerlifting.

youtube.com/user/powerliftingtv

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BM-p072AA5q/?taken-by=poutineandtheipf
youtube.com/watch?v=esmYWxsrgwE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

> sport of Powerlifting
>sport
>powerlifting

suggestion: kys

>its nonsensical because if you can do 315x15 for one set and then your fucking performance drops, its obviously an all out set to failre and your form is fucked.
Volitional and form failure over absolute failure

>Further, if you're doing 315x15 you're a fucking retard who should just be focusing on upping your working sets in the 85% range because 315 ain't shit
>Muh 3-5 reps
It's ok man, you're allowed to train outside of 1-6 reps. I promise it's not like cardio

>Why come to plg for advice, admit you're doing some wonky fucking shit and "wahhh, my grip sucks", when its plain to see that you're programming is pants on head retarded?
Novices and people with weak lifts don't have grip issues

>You must be a fucking liberal because you have literally no sense of self-awareness
Politics out of nowhere

>Go back to your "box"
W-what box user

Tl;dr chill out man

>doing 315x15 instead of 365x21

gde

N-no bully

>Tfw low test ring finger and now Deadlift

First 3 askers may ask anything to me (PanzerJäger) that they wish

Will I ever find love?

How often you masturbate?

the answer is no

seeing as love is a mere social construct and in rampant pursuit of this you will never truly find it

Sheiko tells me to do bottom up squats, what are they good for? Can I swap em out for some paused squats?

When will you realize natty is a bad meme and leave humanity behind?

>enough

whats your favy pepe

memes are a spook

im sorry question time is over

try again next time

spooks are a spook

That doesn't answer my question

why do asians have such fucking hideous faces

is this caused by breathing dysfunction?

no u

> roiding for this

iirc that was before he took any gear it was something he had since teenager right ?

Kek what genetic failures

why is this guy's neck so skinny?

because he doesn't squat or deadlift

I don't even know anymore. I don't even fucking know.

instagram.com/p/BM-p072AA5q/?taken-by=poutineandtheipf

Example of someone who does.

>instagram.com/p/BM-p072AA5q/?taken-by=poutineandtheipf
p clean grind mate

people at your gym are always doing the funniest shit in the background

how tall are you?

Looks solid to me

>Tfw you'll never be as wide as Pete

>p clean grind mate

>Looks solid to me

Thanks lads I can't even tell anymore.

>how tall are you?

6'

What's his width?

Idk but he's fuggin thicc

Are you hapa or something?

>hapa

I'm Metis on my father's side.

Oosh, at least you can still say you're Canadian.

Bitch, my ancestors literally birthed this Nation.

If you're talking about the white ones, sure. I've met some decent abos but a lot have their own WE WUZ bullshit going on. They built virtually nothing and lost the land they were on to an objectively superior group.

I really pity them sometimes; it would have been better to just do away with them and honour them in memory.

I'm out of town at the moment so I have to settle for going to a shitty gym that doesn't allow deadlifts.

My workout was supposed to include deadlifts though, is there any good alternatives I could do instead just for this one workout? Or should I just squat again? (I squatted heavy on Wed)

careful he gets triggered when you talk about him being part chug.

sup druivenman

Different gym

I could go to a different gym but it would take me 2.5-3 hours to get there and back.

Man, it's almost like if you do awful things to an entire population of people systemically for a long time, they'll end up fucked up. I'm proud of what the first nations did, I'm proud of what the French coureur des bois did, but I am most proud of what my Metis ancestors did.

just do RDLs

>Lose economically and militarily to a group literally an Ocean away
>Muh heritage
>We built this place, we were FIRST
Lmao natives btfo, Iiterally

Explains why he acts like such a cuck though

Just deadlift anyway

It's ok that you have no idea how Canada was settled or the History of the Metis

It's not ok to be a racist.

See

>Muh prideful heritage
Hahaha literally what other people in the history of the world were shit on so hard by another culture a full OCEAN away

Pathetic

Go to sleep.

>My magic word that protects me from the meanies!
Think what you want.

In an economic and military sense, the natives were objectively inferior. I don't expect you to be ashamed of your genes, but you should be.

I told you not to, now the SJW has been unleashed. Maybe next he'll write a whole paragraph on residential schools.

My people fought for freedom, what did yours fight for?

>m-muh white people were mean centuries ago, that's why we can't into civil life

You're making the same claim as an African in the USA who claims slavery "made him" rob that 7-11.

Abos were not noble savages fighting back against an army of Literal Hitlers; if you read the actual accounts they were guilty of horrendous brutality against mostly innocent colonists.

Regardless, they lost, and we can see with benefit of hindsight that the aboriginals were always destined to lose the land they inhabited. It was just a matter of who would take it from them.

>>>>> hard. Stirner himself is the ultimate spook, however great Stirnerposting might be.

>captcha: calle calle
W A L L

How does it feel that the Canadian Government has done almost nothing for "your people"?

Also do you actually tell people you are Metis irl?

In history in general or what?

>Fought for freedom
Lmao and fucking lost on your home turf. What other group of people were humiliated so badly? Name just one. Again, your heritage is pathetic.

youtube.com/watch?v=esmYWxsrgwE
lads

Not that guy, but my people made their fortune and high point of civilization after fighting off the camel jockeys in their native lands and proceeding to ravage the americas for gold and women.

Very proud of this. Trying to conquista myself as they have conquista'd your ancestors and make them proud.

Oh yeah, pro tip: Metis is a legal status. Depending on your lineage you may not be able to claim it.

Load up a bar, nobody will actually stop you.

probs doesn't have the blood quantum requirement so he just talks about it on a mongolian rice cooking forum

>Also do you actually tell people you are Metis irl?

Yes

And the Daniels decision has finally allowed us to talk to the feds, and with ja boy Justin, we gon get Manitoba back.

The Scottish, The Irish, The Welsh, The French, The Saxons, The Romans, The Greeks

And fuckin look, given a large enough scope of time, those fuckers just came back, hey? Also, I don't think you really understand who the Metis people are.

Commanche were the only tribe in NA actually worth a damn in war.

>And the Daniels decision has finally allowed us to talk to the feds, and with ja boy Justin, we gon get Manitoba back.

desu I thought Metis were already considered one of the 3 aboriginal groups in Canada

Land, resources. Dominance in general. Magyars, micks, Mikmaqs, and of course some anglos.

I'm like... 2% native american. i think

All of those people lost to cultures established relatively close to them.

During the time your native heritage was cucked, literally, the people fucking your women were two months away by ship.

Again, never before has a conflict been so lopsided.

Well, besides maybe the aboriginal Aussies. But they're so genetically backwards at first contact they were hailed as darwins missing link

Until they got their b-holes stomped like the rest of them. The only ones who never surrendered were some of the Seminole bands, but who the fuck wants to live in some alligator infested swamp shithole anyway?

It's not actually "status" the same way as described in the Indian act. For example: the Metis did not make treatise with the government. The Metis people had their land illegally taken by John Shithead Macdonald, and then when we fuckin trounced that bitch ass RCMP he got all uppity and brought in the whole fuckin army with his stupid train. Most Metis were legitimate landowners who had been working for the Northwest Company, or the Hudson's Bay Company for years before the Government of Canada bought the right to rule from the HBC/NWC. My ancestors spoke French, Michif, and a few indigenous languages. We ran traplines, and settled the West. The Metis were the goddamned bravest, hardest, most incredible people, and because the dared to oppose British Canada trying to change their ways, they got cut down.

Many of those people I posted got fucked by the Nords, lad, who the Native peoples of NA were able to turn away.

Then the Nords got fucked by the Roman Catholics.

kek, Sir John "the drunk" McDonald was a pretty big racist. Some of this shit he said about the Chinese immigrants coming over to build the railway...

The Nords were a few days travel by ship. Your people were MONTHS travel by SHIP, the most inefficient method of moving a population at the time.

Again, full cucked.

My wife can claim Metis status so I know it's not the same thing. It's based entirely on bloodline rather than covering a specific ethnic group.

>company owns land
>government buys out land
>fight the government
>lose
>whine for eternity

At least you're consistent, MUH LAND is about all I ever hear of Metis talking about.

You conveniently ignored by the way.

Breddy gud guy, established that non-whites/abos aren't Canadian and didn't afraid of alcohol.

He was a goddamn joke. I really would like to see his smug drunk face scrubbed off the $10 note. Put Louis Riel there instead.

Mate, do you think that North America was conquered or something? Also why are you operating under the delusion that all of these different First Nations were operating together to push out settlers? Whites didn't take North America is some glorious combat, they just showed up, took advantage of hospitality, and then started fucking like rabbits after shooting a few people.

Louis Riel made Canadian history actually interesting to study in high school.

"I have nothing but my heart and I have given it long ago to my country."

What a goddamn badass.

I don't really I was just trying to trigger you.

Im bored of it now though, enjoy your evening

Racism is the lowest, most crudely primitive form of collectivism. It is the notion of ascribing moral, social or political significance to a man’s genetic lineage—the notion that a man’s intellectual and characterological traits are produced and transmitted by his internal body chemistry. Which means, in practice, that a man is to be judged, not by his own character and actions, but by the characters and actions of a collective of ancestors.

Racism claims that the content of a man’s mind (not his cognitive apparatus, but its content) is inherited; that a man’s convictions, values and character are determined before he is born, by physical factors beyond his control. This is the caveman’s version of the doctrine of innate ideas—or of inherited knowledge—which has been thoroughly refuted by philosophy and science. Racism is a doctrine of, by and for brutes. It is a barnyard or stock-farm version of collectivism, appropriate to a mentality that differentiates between various breeds of animals, but not between animals and men.

Like every form of determinism, racism invalidates the specific attribute which distinguishes man from all other living species: his rational faculty. Racism negates two aspects of man’s life: reason and choice, or mind and morality, replacing them with chemical predestination.

nn lads

Oh fug triple 7

Kek loves my trolling

did you write this?

>Like every form of determinism, racism invalidates the specific attribute which distinguishes man from all other living species: his rational faculty

Uhh isn't that the whole deal?

Species are different. Species are different due to genetics and environmental circumstance. Therefore those with different genetics and environmental circumstance can feasibly be regarded as different in regards to cognitive faculty.

is this guy natty?

Yep he saw the future coming, too bad it's been infested with chinks and sjws like who smear his image

I wonder if his parents were mad when they realized that picking him to dedicate himself to powerlifting was a bad idea when they could have pockrd something with more financial benefits

finally hit 1.5xBW bench press, single at 120kg fambams

I had 125 in me given how fast 120 went up but I really had to poop so I stopped there. Should hit 130 for a single by end of January (taking 3 weeks off for xmas)

partly the secret was bringing my grip in, my index finger is now about 1'' from the smooth (roughly shoulder width)

Good job Cal, closegrip is a very challenging beast.

Are you doing tng or going lmaopause?

>the secret was bringing my grip in

You are a moron

T. Isley

fucking go to bed

I wouldn't call it close grip, it's just comfy for me especially after my shoulder issue last year

it was tng, but I probably can pause if it I train for it. Close grip gives me insane leg drive for some reason

what does isley bench at what BW these days?

147.5 @105 in comp

oh that's quite a lot higher than it used to be
quite a bit fatter tho

>I outbench Caladan
Wtf

What's a good bench program? My 1rm is 245 @190
I want to hit 315

What length resistance band is ideal for deadlift?

No weights - resistance band only. Im in a foreign country in the mountains working and living here, the closet shop is a convenience store 40 min away, no gym around here.

I don't want to simply stop working out while I am here.

He's an unbearable close grip memer

If he went max grip he'd probably bench 127.5 or 130

I only really benched once or twice a year before I hurt my hip, now there's not really anything else to do except upper body so

how much you weigh anyway

wtf I hate caladan now

Gotcha

202, haven't budged since late August.

Kek