Be 5'11

>be 5'11
>hang around different people who all claim to be in the 5'11-6'1 range
>i stand more or less at their supposed heights
>go to doctor
>get measured
>5'9

Does everybody just lie about their height? What the fuck?

Short people? Yes they do. That's why every makes jokes about 5'11 and 6 being so far apart, because manlets lie about it

Everybody lies about their height. People under 6' add a few inches, people over 6' subtract a few inches.

I'm 187cm so I round up to 6'2 instead of down, since the actual conversion is something like 6'1.622 (e.g. banker's rounding).

If you're adding whole fake inches to your height, that's just pathetic. If you're subtracting that's weird but I can't really argue with it unless it's for fraudulent reasons e.g. having to be below X height to be a fighter pilot or something like that.

I think it's because at the end of the day, most dudes just want to be considered normal, so they try to make themselves as close to the 'acceptable' height as possible. For example, I was training with this guy who was EASILY 6'3" and he claimed he was 6'1"...he seemed a bit upset when I told him I used to play sports with a bunch of 6'3"-6'4" guys and he was likely that height. Being above 6' already puts him in the top 10%, being 6'3" would put him in the top 2%...he was skinny as fuck too, so he probably just wanted to downplay his lankiness and seem more average.

you took your shoes off when the doctor measured you. I'm 5'11.5 (when will I learn), but I can hit 6'1 with my tennis shoes. No fag manlet lifts either just normal nikes.

if you want a real answer its because some people measure with shoes like retards, some people don't stand up straight while others do, and some doctors just naturally have a margin of error.

I've been measured as everything between 6-6'3. PRETTY sure I'm maybe a couple cm short of 6'2 but who the fuck knows.

Its not the number that counts user, its how tall you actually are relative to others.

>people over 6' subtract a few inches.

Are you retarded?

Pro-tip: Everyone rounds up.

Anyone below 6' just so happens to "round up" by a couple inches.

>am actually 5'11
>shorter dudes tell you that you are over 6ft
>insist that I am 5'11 to fuck them over
>I may be a manlet... But I am their king.

Uhh no? You're obviously not over 6ft

I'm 6'2 and whenever a guy 'rounds up' to 6ft, I say I'm 5'11 just to piss them off because I'm obviously taller.

Seriously, if you're over 6ft you don't give a fuck because you know you're tall enough.

Mate, when you're a 5'5 manlet like me you learn not to bother lieing, there's no point

I round down. I'm 6' 0,5" but I can't be arsed to say that and I feel like half an inch is a lot to add out of nowhere so I say I'm six feet

>tfw 5'10.8" but say im 5'11"

i never understood why people hate on short people. i get it for fat fucks but you can change that. you can't change and have no impact on your height.

that's like hating someone because his eyes are brown

Personally I don't hate on short people unless they make a big deal of it. Same thing with fatties, I don't talk shit about them if they're not deluded.

I feel bad for short people because I feel small myself at 6', I think this whole memeing about manlets is because some people are insecure or like to fuck other people up.

>be 5'5
>claim 5'8

I'm forced to do this though. Because people who I KNOW are 5'8 claim 5'10 and above.

It doesn't help that girls claim to be smaller than they are too... Girls that are 5'5 like me claim 5'2 lol.

I am 6'6. U jelly?

I get this all the time. I'm 5'10" and people always insist I'm 6ft. They get visibly upset when i say my true height. Sometimes I even say I'm 5'9" just to add more disappointment

>mfw 198cm, exactly as tall as my friends and they claim to be 200cm

Eyelets, when will they learn

I was shorter than average (5'7) most of my life.

In recent years I've grown a few inches (late growth spurt I guess) and I'm now 5'10.
A lot of my friends used to claim they were 5'11 or 6ft and now I'm as tall or taller than them.

I fuck with them every time we've talked about height and say I'm 5'9.
The insecurity is gold.

ITT: amerifags who think running shoes add 5cm
OP lying to himself about his height

>39452799
I'm 5'11 and rarely feel short nor have I had a girl call me out on my height. Obviously you see guys over 6'0 but one or two inches isn't really noticible during conversation.

I think the internet is full of 5'9 guys claiming to be 5'11 and saying how short they feel.

How old are you my man? Recently found out I'm 5'7" and have been pretty bummed about it because I'd always thought I was at least 5'9". I'm 24 so I feel like it's too late.

>friend who is obviously around 5'6 claims to be 5'11
>I'm 6'0
why do manlets do this

I'm 5'9" and never lied. What the fuck is the point. People will judge you by eye not a number. It's not like a girl looks at a guy irl, thinks he's hot, and then loses interest when they hear the exact number.

I'm 5'11 and 3/4 of an inch to 6ft. I usually round down to 5'11 though. There are certain situations where I'll round up like if it is something that makes me look better but I usually round down for medical records and stuff.

I think I subconsciously round up when talking to people taller than me and round down when talking to people shorter than me, to make it seem like the gap is smaller.

>be 6'5
>tell everyone i am 6'4, because it is already shitty enough to be a lanklet

In my experience, Manlets have always started shit when i was around with me. They always try to piss everyone off without any provocation and it becomes really annoying after a while. I never hang out with manlets anymore for this exact reason.
I am never the aggresor and out of nowhere they try to bully you. Manlets are psychos, simple as that.

Don't understand why most people refuse to accept that there are some very serious disadvantages to being a tallfag.

>10~ friends
>2 are manlets, 8 lanklets
>2 manlets always starting fights

There isn't, except that bus / plane-seats and similar are made for women, but that it a problem for any man