Planet Fitness thread

Planet Fitness thread

Didn't see one of these in a while. Let's get this started

it is shit don't go. wasted time there about 5 months made slow little gains from smith machines. went to my uni gym for 2 months, made the most strength and aesthetic gains in my life

>Work out at Planet Fitness
>No opportunity to do barbell compound exercises needed to build essential strength and muscle gains
HAHAHAHAHA GREAT THREAD I'M NOT AMERICAN

Bulking on all those free pizzas and bagels OP.

We're all gonna make it.

>planet fatness

i get the appeal for normies. It makes sense to want a safe zone, where you can start off easily and without pressure to become the hardest dude around.
Thing is, there are people at PF that actually wann make gains, but are too broke for a real gym. And what do these fuckers do ? THEY PROHIBIT ESSENTIAL EXERCISES FOR THEM
Why the fuck is that a thing ?

>are too broke for a real gym.
Story of my life. The PF in my town is actually better than my shitty University gym, and always has more free machines. It's only busy each January, lol.

>THEY PROHIBIT ESSENTIAL EXERCISES FOR THEM

How so? I'm pretty new to the gym experience, but I do leg day until I can't walk, and arm day until I can't life anymore.

Forgive the stupid question, is there an important machine/exercise that PF doesn't have?

free weights
aka the only thing you should be doing in a gym

no barbells (which are essential for compound gains) besides curl bars and all the smith machines are slanted

also dumbbells only go to 75, which is fucking weak

>it is shit don't go. wasted time there about 5 months made slow little gains from smith machines

PF in a nutshell.

Squats? Banned
Deadlifting? Don't think about it
Bench press? Apparently they're about to ban this too

No planetfitness where I'm at but we have fit4less, pretty much a PF clone. I lift there occasionally because it's 24 hours.

Fit4Less lunk alarm has some gay name (whoops alarm, or something like that) and goes off automatically when a certain decibel is reached. Also only has Smith Machines to squat on, but they move forward and backward too (if that makes sense).

5/10, would lift at again.

I think it depends witch PF you go to, im starting to see that not all of them are the same, the one i go to has free weights, people deadlift as well, it problably has to do with the people that go there, i mean ive only heard that alarm once, and that was because the guy was actually being an asshole, not really for going hard and shit.

>Bench press

No. I can't believe this.

*lunks*

Planet Fitness is a genius business model and there's a reason it's doing so fucking well.

They literally encourage that people do not push themselves to work harder or challenge themselves to actually get fit. They provide their people with tootsie rolls, pizza, and bagels to keep them fattied up.

Best of all? Only $10 a month! You can put that shit on your debit card and forget about it.

Chances of losing customers is extremely fucking low.

Fuckin ridiculous. I hate America.

>Squats? Banned
>Deadlifting? Don't think about it
>Bench press? Apparently they're about to ban this too
What are you talking about? I go to PF because I'm broke as fuck and they don't have the gestapo walking around making sure you're not doing compound exercises.

>$10 for one month
>or $200 for 18 months
huh

>implying this is true

maybe the 200 dollar one is for BLACK cards