How do you do HIIT cardio properly?

How do you do HIIT cardio properly?
45s/15s on/off?
20s/2min on/off?

Judging by the picture of Frank Zane you're interested in HIIT for the purpose of sculpting your physique.

Let me tell you this. HIIT takes its toll on your nervous system, on top of your weight training and dieting it'll make you lethargic and can ruin cuts and leave you drained causing you to lose muscle mass from bad performance in the weight room.

LISS is GOAT. 40 min, 2x daily @ speed 5 and 1.5% incline.

is speed 5 the same on every treadmill? Also how much is 1.5%? Is that 1.5 on the machine? and 40 minutes is a long time. I'd have to work up to that

1.5% incline is for pussies, at least go to 5%

if you know how hard the speed is can you tell me the distance that you put in after 40 min ?

This works for dudes who can put on muscle easily and keep it.

Me? I stopped drink gourmet snooty top notch beers for 5 days, lowered my carb intake, did normal gym stuff.... and lost 6 freaking pounds.

If I do the 40 minutes of merely walking, it's as if I am mimicking my employment. I need the HI stuff to burn fat, not just lose water weight.

>we're all different.

LISS is only good for faggots and women in their fourties.

HIIT is god tier to improve cardio, don't listen to that faggot OP, just go with whatever you feel the least comfortable with.

>fourties
kek

>being THAT guy who does HIIT in a commercial gym on a treadmill

At least go to the park or something.

When I was doing conditioning when I was a teen I would go find a soccer field. Sprint on short sides, jog slowly long sides until I'm ready to sprint again.

Do 100%/50%

Like Cardio 60 sec, pause 30 sec

Speed 5 is 5km/h I think. Fast paced walk. Very manageable. 1.5 incline isn't much either, just enough imo to create a somewhat organic environment.

LOW INTENSITY steady state. It's in the title. That level of incline is like a workout for you calves.

That's not what you want out of LISS.

Here's a riddle.

>Man A burns 400 kcals doing HIIT in 15 mins
>Man B burns 400 kcals doing LISS in 40 mins
>who burned more calories?

Cardio done solely for improving body composition should be used to create a caloric deficit.

It's just that HIIT is more tailored towards athletes while HIIT is a staple of bodybuilding.

>improve cardio
For whom? Burst athletes like boxers, wrestlers and football players ? Sure. Long duration athletes like Marathon runners, cyclists and soccer players ? Not really.

Pick the cardio that's right for you.

LISS and HIIT are both meme.

>Here's a riddle.

doesn't HIIT give an "afterburner" effect?

>Here's a riddle.
>>Man A burns 400 kcals doing HIIT in 15 mins
>>Man B burns 400 kcals doing LISS in 40 mins
>>who burned more calories?
They burned the same amount, 400kcals

Fatty here

I do 7.5 incline to 10.0 at 3 mph for atleast 40 mins. Then 10 mins on stair master. Shits seems like a good cardio workout for me.... Good or bad or step it up?

HIIT guy. because he was done 30 min earlier so he went home and had sex with his gf for extra cardio

depends how fat. fatties should just stick to cycling to preserve their joints. if you fuck that up you're fucked for life. better stay safe and drop down to normal weight first so your joints don't suffer

320 at 6'3. So just cycle?

Swimming is also pretty boss if you're into it.

I'm using this, anyone else tried this before ? Is it balanced ?

I'm into it, just that embarrassment of taking off shirt. Ima try cycling then.