So my doc said i shouldnt continue with overhead pressing and chinup movements because my shoulderjoint shows first...

so my doc said i shouldnt continue with overhead pressing and chinup movements because my shoulderjoint shows first signs of wear.

can you guys show me some physiques that were built with those handicaps?

pic not related but reflects my mood about this
can you guys show me some physiques that

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12945830
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

deca

>first signs of wear

If you use something, it wears.

You don't quit at the first sign of wear.

If everybody stopped overhead movements at the first signs of wear then NOBODY would be doing OHP anymore.

Wear and tear is a side effect of building your physique. It happens to everyone who pushes themselves. It will always continue to happen. Nobody is exempt from this trade-off.

Now that doesn't mean you can't prevent it from getting worse. You need to let injuries and wear recover. You need your supps and diet in check to allow your joints to cope with the demands you place on them.

Bottom line is. Nobody with big shoulders has pain free shoulders.

That just means you need to pay very close attention to your stabilizing muscles, and don't do any reps unless your shoulder joint is correctly stabilized.

That means proper scapulohumeral rhythm, avoiding thoracic flexion, strengthening the rotatorcuff muscles and rear delts, avoiding anterior humeral glide, limiting top range of motion on chinups, etc.

>Bottom line is. Nobody with big shoulders has pain free shoulders.

>Veeky Forums thinking their opinion is more valid than that of a trained physician

start doing different variations of shoulder raises with low weight and high reps

>thinking the "doc" knows about training and assumes qualifications make someone knowledgeable on niche subjects like bodybuilding

You're fine. He's memeing on you. If you want to be safe do high reps with shoulders. Don't stress them or push for a last rep

>if you want to be safe
>do high reps
>don't stress them

yeah, most docs learn shit in medical school about nutrition and exercise.

To be fair though, idk maybe OP is prone to arthritis or joint problems. Maybe worth getting a second opinion.

Holy shit please tell me you're joking? I'm in med school right now. You do realize they know EVERYTHING about bodybuilding, right? They know more about bodybuilding than you and your broscience do. Just serious Biochemistry premed courses teach you more than enough. For instance, you'll learn that creatine supplementation is useless. Your body automatically stores as much creatine phosphate as it possibly can in muscles. Due to the structure of muscle cells, there is little room for energy storage. ATP is unstable and cannot be stored easily, which is why the body stores as much CP as possible already. Most benefits have been disregarded as placebo, because people who have gone to school, know better.

While OHP movements are not inherently bad because ball and joint sockets are multidirectional, the way joints work are that the more mobile they are, the weaker they are. And when a patient comes in and has shoulder damage, they should discontinue whatever exercise it is if they can't do it properly. Believe it or not, if you have shit form, you should stop doing that exercise or learn to do it properly.

Please stop posting advice.

>he does maxes

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12945830

creatine does in fact work. this is a link to a meta-analysis of 96 studies concluding that creatine does have small but significant effect on size.

If they are fucking your shoulders up then it's because you have poor form. Fix that and you won't be getting wear.

No, but you might want to check out Supple Leopard by Kelly Starrett. Excessive wear is usually the result of bad movement patterns repeated over a long time.

>small
>but significant
lost me there chap

Yeah but I'm a med school sophomore (and a DYEL), so I (as in ME) know better.

Nothing personnel kiddo

Do you have a winged acromion?

Did you get an X-ray?

If no, get an X-ray done. If you don't have bone in the way causing impingement you can tell your doc to fuck off.

yes had an xray done. the shoulder in question had an injury years ago. the socket isnt as smooth as the other one. what the doc said made sense.

the thing is that the shoulders seem healthy exept for the socket. no impingement or or winged acromion.

what the fuck is a "winged" acromion? do you mean scapular winging? that's not a structural issue with your scapula so what would the point of an xray be?

you had a shoulder injury. what was the injury?

the socket isn't as smooth? like, you're speaking specifically of your actual glenoid cavity or is it about the joint capsule? did you have a labrum tear? is it an issue with one of the many ligaments in your shoulder? is it an issue with the humeral head?

it was years ago after training the shoulder suddenly hurt bad so i just made a break for a few months and the pain went away. but what stayed was mild shoulder rumbling when moving it in some angles.

the doc said whatever it was it healed because all tendons are fine.

pic related isnt mine but in my case the glenoid cavity wasnt as smooth as my healthy shoulder.. she said that whenever i push something above my head or do pulldown movements the joint will create extra friction in the uneven areas thus increasing the wear and making it worse

Ten thousands do these exercises daily without pain. The movement itself is not inherently bad for you

>doctors know more about bodybuilding
Why are doctors literally all DYEL and most of them overweight by the time they are 40?

>I'm in med school right now and we are taught BODYBUILDING
>creatine doesn't add phosphocreatine

are you trying to be wrong, user?

>creatine is useless

why are you lying?

>"winged" acromion?
There are 3 different classifications of acromial shape, certain ones put you at a much higher risk for impingement. google for more because I am too lazy to do so

Statistically significant, retard.