Why do you lift?

Why do you lift?

>inb4 that beta who lifts for girls

For girls, I'm not a faggot who lifts for men and I don't have a tiny dick so I don't need to lift big weights to have a sense of self worth

Probably for dudes desu. I don't lift to pick up grills, I'm married. I lift to make myself appear better in front of guys that I'm not attracted to but I want them to envy me and to have a healthy respect for what I'm capable of doing.

Desu = desu

I have a chip on my shoulders from being a fat fuck when I was 7-12 years old. It was only 5 years, but it really fucked me up. People treat you differently, they make fun of you and respect you less. It made learning sports a living hell. To this day, I'm still shit at most team sports. I never, ever want to be fat again. I'd much sooner kill myself.

So im strong

i lift because i want good functional strength. and, i plain enjoy doing it.

I enjoy it.

I like having things in my life structured. I enjoy making a plan for the week, seeing progress and watching myself get stronger.

Also I hate people so I get to spend more time by myself.

So I can be a big guy

For who?

Because I hate myself.

It's a socially acceptable way for me to be a loner. At least I can put my lack of any social skills whatsoever to good use.

And no matter how shitty my life gets, at least I got strong as fuck in the process.

So one day i can look in the mirror and hate my loose skin instead of my fat

I lift cause I'm a narcissist, phags
I just want people to mire me

if you are young enough, loose skin will tighten. streatch marks will mostly dissapear too.

also, if you get all jacked you won't have loose skin anyway, except around the belly.

Lifting for *a* girl is beta
Lifting for girls is ordinary and has been practiced since the beginning of time

sick of being a skinny fagit with the body of high school frshman. ive always done excercise like climbing and running but got sick of being small, no one fucking takes you seriously. i quit running and started going to the gym a couple months ago. ive had a SLIGHT increase in size but ya..i got a longg way to go.

Self criticism is good
Life is awful if you believe yourself to be perfect

t.dyel

I lift so I can feel good about myself.
It isnt working.

The euphoria of achievement. Do the same thing with vidya and work.

I want to be a god.

I want people to look at me and regret their life choices. Maybe even try and change themselves for a few weeks before they give up and post hate about their genetics.

That's both inspiring and autistic.

This is a good description of Veeky Forums.

For male approval and femal attraction.

You do realize your goals aren't achieveable natty?

Anyways as for OP, my dad is a bodybuilder and I want to make him proud.

I have a lot of respect for him and he's a role model for me.

I've gained a lot of mass over the past year. Doing everything by the book, don't drink, count macros, eat +250, etc

Cuz I'm going for them there bane gains. I want to be strong enough to manually break someone's spine.

Because I don't have any friends. Its 1:30 AM, I spend every weekend browsing Veeky Forums. I want to be attractive and be invited places. I want to feel good about myself before I kill myself.

>he thinks that getting big will somehow magically gain him friends

\fraud/ here. Dexa scanned 9% bf 197 lbs 5'11".

Still no friends. Don't care though. But still. Your goals are dumb. You don't need to be huge to have friends dumbshit

Its not about being huge, its about being attractive. Its about not being a slob. Im /manlet/ so I dont have ANY thing going for me except lifting and being in shape.

Lol haha are you even trying?

I lift for xD

Because I want to get stronger and more athletic for sports

to compensate for that small dick

My family are immigrants. I'm the first to go to uni, graduate, and gym. Trying to start a legacy.

>Feminist propaganda from a size queen
Not even once bro

To keep my dad and uncle from getting stronger than me again.

Because I know people that lift 200/300/300kg natty and it hurts me inside that I cannot, yet.
But I will, even though I will never be Sarychev, who weighted 160kg at the tender age of 16 or 19 I don't remember.
Sarychev is GOAT.

Cause I want to see myself achieve the body Im more satisfied with. I've never had any body confidence issues, but I was always kind of skinny.

plus girls like it, and anyone pretending they dont want to be appealing to those they find attractive is lying to themselves. Whilst I don't lift for that, there's nothing wrong with trying to up your chances at being considered appealing

Started lifting for to get stronger for self defense at school.

i just lift so i can be stronger.
thats pretty much it

Good job user!

I enjoy it and it helps me to blow off some steam.

>inb4 that beta who lifts for girls
i dont lift for girls. i lift for ONE girl. she makes me feel like i can do better for myself and that i should do better for myself. call it beta if you want but desu i really dont give a fuck.

if you get the work done it doesn't really matter what motivates you desu imo irl famalam

I lift so I can browse Veeky Forums without feeling guilty

For you

Getting a better body for professional wrestling

STINKY

Used to be fat and now I want to be perfect to make up for all the years of being lame.
Also I want to feed my ego and I already have body dismorphia so I'll never be big enough.

i like being better than other people, including my previous self

So I don't look like a lanky retard with tiny arms

Also feels good being stronger than 95% of the people around you

Makes me feel good and gives me a reason to not drink myself to death

It helps keep my crippling depression at bay

Girls (not a fucking faggot like you OP)
Self-esteem
People don't fuck with you if you look like you can kick their ass
Respect (EVERYONE respects a good looking man)

But most of these benefits don't happen if your face is busted or you're short. Anyone here who doesn't have their face and hair figured out is stupid, and I feel sorry for the short people here.

Boy wants gains, can't get Testosterone
Boy wants to be girl gets all the hormones required
Really makes you think

I wanna be way stronger than the average person, and I wanna be big because I wanna have that presence when I walk into a room full of people or just out in public in general, really. Also, I might be seeing my extended family next year and I haven't seen them since I was like, 10(literal child back then), 18 now and I've grown a lot, so it'd be cool to be huge and have them mirin, especially my cousins that are the same age as me. I also want to improve my self esteem, I've realised that only a few months in and I already feel a lot better about myself; I've achieved what I thought I couldn't a couple of months back, and this is only the beginning.

also, how can you miss out on the potential gains that YOU have as an individual? Everyone has the potential for gains, they're literally just there but you have to choose to cash in and collect them.

How old is young enough?

I lift for mai waifu

No surprise, society sees boys these days as dysfunctional girls.

I want to become the strongest man in the world.

I like progress

Still a newbie and hitting PRs every other day feels great

I know progress will slow down and stall at some point but untill then i enjoy every minute of it

I grew up really weak so I started lifting after college just for practical strength

Isn't it really dangerous to bench like that?

>hitting the weights

better be over 6ft faggit

I lift to be beautiful from the neck down.

Height doesn't draw, only wrestler who ever drew due to height was Andre and that's when guys his size were practically unheard of. After Andre, height was never a factor in drawing power, otherwise Giant Gonzales, Diesel (pre-Outsiders), Khali, Kurrgan etc would have been stars.

This fucker gets it!

>Why do you lift?

For the lulz.
started just out of curiosity, now continue because its fun and simply aiming to get stronger and look more aesthetic becuase i think it is funny as fuck to walk around and people miring your appearance.

I've won the genetic lottery with my body and I couldn't bear seeing that fat ass in the mirror no more. Started lifting in order to reach my full potential. I've had QT girlfriend even before I started lifting, so not lifting cause of grills.

>implying

I'm an ugly manlet so I've given up on being aesthetic. I lift to be strong to impress grills
It works sometimes, having a nice dick helps

This is an amazing reason.

I want to be respected by my family and friends. Just want to feel like I'm not a complete useless failure.

To get good at karate

iktf bro

I was aware of being fat from 11-18 years, and it's true. Whenever I feel like I'm slacking on my diet I readjust because gaining the weight back seems like a torturous life in comparison.

Plus it's nice to not actually hate your reflection in the mirror.

To be ready to smash some arabs faces.

endorphins

It's fun, I enjoy the progression, and the mires are cool too

To get mired by random sluts.
Then maybe the jealousy will light a fire under my fiancée's ass and convince her to put more effort into getting back to the body she used to have.

Like, I still love her, and still find her attractive, but she was substantially hotter in high school. And her insecurity is really trying at times.
So I'm getting fit, half for myself, half because I'm a shallow whore.

To achieve perfection

I was a soccer player twink with abs in high school, everyone always made skeleton jokes but I never cared until my senior year when I still looked like a baby as an adult. So I lifted. My first semester of college a girl said you need more fat and need to eat more...BITCH I GAINED 32 LBS AND MADE 100LB LIFT GAINS FUCKKKK

How the hell do you get your face figured out?

Lazlo, please go

I started lifting to get the love of my life back. Realized that wasn't going to work. Now i lift so i can stand on Mt. Everest while she's down on sea level struggling with commiting to things

I also started lifting to stop seeing a weak, low self-esteem guy in front of the mirror

Now i do it because I want a change, not only physical, but also psychological. A whole different perspective of myself

Now that I think i'm working hard to achieve what I want, I just know that in the future i'll be a new person. And knowing that, I don't rush

Perseverance is a great thing

I WANT TO BE STRONG

I was always skinny. Like 6'2" 135 lbs skinny. It dawned on me one day that if I lifted I could basically experience living in an entirely new body, so I gave it a shot. It's addicting. I never want to go back to being thin and weak ever again.

In three years I'm hoping to commission as an infantry officer. What if I get in a situation where I need to fireman carry a buddy out of danger?

Also mental health + females

>implying Hogan's height drew and not his charisma, larger than life character or storytelling ability

The reasons have changed for me throughout my 4 years of lifting

I started when my health was shit, so back then I did it for my health. And for my gf who was also worried about my health.

Then for a long time I just kept doing it because it made me feel good, made me feel proud of myself, the progress gave me a purpose etc.

Then a while back my gf of 5 years left me. The same one who supported me through my struggle I had with my health back then and was proud of my constant progress. So nowadays I lift to keep my depression under control.

to give my boring life some meaning, and also for girls i guess

For whom*

Do lots of running, brah. Cardio is much more important at basic

I'm fat, I want to look good and be healthy, and I'm joining the Air National Guard.

I lift so I don't hate looking at myself in the mirror, that's literally it. Don't care what anyone else thinks.

So I can throw farther. I compete in track and field and do all the throws except for javelin. (Discus, Shotput, hammer, weight throw)

I started lifting 3 years ago, because I wasnt able to hold my gf up in the air while simultaneosly having sex. I stopped lifting mainly because of medschool. Nowadays I just do cardio. At least I acheived my goal.

Holy shit, you're so insecure.

Then what about undertaker, rock and Steve?
You realize theres 3 other people in that picture?
Are you retarded user?
Are you?

Smarks man...
Undertaker drew because of his unique character and otherworldly presence. He was also a good worker who was pushed as an unbeatable monster. He didn't get over as Mean Mark Callous.
The Rock got over when he became The Rock. His character, charisma and mic work got him over, not his size, otherwise he would have gotten over as Rocky Maivia.
Steve Austin isn't huge, he's 6'-6'1", but same deal as the Rock. Character, charisma and mic work. Otherwise he would have gotten over as Superstar Steve Austin or The Ringmaster.
It's all about charisma, character and storytelling ability. If you've got those things, you can get over in some capacity and make money, and that's what it's all about.
t. wrestler training at one of the most prestigious schools in the world, owned by a WWE hall of famer

>implying I lift