8.5/10 in mirror

>8.5/10 in mirror
>5/10 in pictures

aww your a cute chick post tits it will make you feel better :)

Bruh...Not Gonna Make It......

I know that feel

>look normal in the mirror
>look like fucking quasimodo in literally every photo ever taken of me

i know that awful feel bro

Lets be real here for a moment, you are ugly period.

how do you know you look like that IRL? mirrors can be deceiving too besides, the image is reversed. case in point; wide/skinny mirrors, usually top down lightning which makes you look better than you really do, etc.

it's the same thing with voice. you have 3 different voices; the one you hear in your head, the one you hear when you speak and the one others hear. all of them sound different

you don't know how you look or sound look. the only people that do are others

Same here. I stopped taking progress pictures once I saw how I looked in the first one.

How do I even look in real life? My friends look the same to me in real life and pictures, so does that mean I look awful to everyone in real life all the time and only good to myself in the mirror?

Mirrority mirror on the wall who is the prettiestmost of them diddlyall

that feel is my life

>10/10 in the mirror
> get rated 2/10 on soc and by most girls

This isnt fair i hate you

>flex in dim lit room
>lighting from reflection makes you look 10/10

>flex in a well lit room
>little muscles visible

i literally never take pics for that reason. I just look terrible.

>being a fecebook

>solid 7/10 in the mirror
>disgusting 4/10 in the same mirror the next day

This

Also, when you looked at yourself through a mirror, you are used to that. When you look at a picture of yourself, it's like a mirror image of what you're USED to look at, naturally you see imbalances and assymetric features much more exaggerated.

Good news: people see you the way you see yourself in the mirror, it's only your brain getting puzzled by the image, also cameras tweek a lot away

Regular cameras have angled lenses, it distorts the image from close range. If you ever got a pic taken with an expensive professional camera you'll notice you look well in it

This. A shitty camera will change all your face ratio to make you look bad.

>start lifting
>quit 90% of all the shitty food I eat
>suddenly look not retarded in pics
Feels fucking great, and it's only just begun

How do I make good pictures of myself?

dubs tell the truth
Always looked better in professionally taken photos and they look worlds better than any selfie I've taken with my phone. But that could also be partially because of the shooping involved. You never know.

Just don't let pictures have much sway over your self esteem is all I can say. Your personality can go a truly incredible way of changing the way you look (even physically) to people around you. It's true.

This

Put your face in front of light. Do not place the camera in front of your nose, but higher. Keep q maximum distance between you and the camera.

>delusion
If you're ugly in a picture, you're just ugly. Deal with it, pathetic fucks.

>Girls tell me im attractive.
>Look into Mirror look attractive.
>Take picture of my face.
>Hideous,Deformed and disgusting.

Some people say that it is the camera lens. But i think it is the Matrix playing games with me.

I think you're just ugly. People will more often than not lie if the truth is "uncomfortable", f.x. telling someone they're ugly.

other people see you as a mixture of your mirror self and your photo self.
And different people pay more or less attention to different features.

Nah man, there is such a thing as being photogenic and camera aware. Learn your angles. As a general rule, tilt your chin slightly down and if you have a decent jawline slightly askew of the camera line

I know that feel. The good thing is, people see you as you see yourself in a photo all the time, so they're used to it. However, you see yourself in the mirror more so obviously seeing yourself in a photo which is flipped will be kinda weird.

>tfw so insecure I haven't had a picture taken of me for years

I only do selfies now and then.

don't worry lads. some people just photo badly. my last ex told me that if i look like i look in photos in real life, she'd have never talked to me.

>side = Ryan gosling
>front = Steve Buscemi
why

>tfw you know why this is but csnt be bothered to explain it for the millionth time

eurghh

>see myself in mirror after waking up
>feel good
>few hours later
>see myself in surveillance camera TV at a store
>entire week is instantly ruined

>8/10 in the mirror
>5/10 in photos
>0/10 in her eyes

6/10 in mirror
5/10 irl
4/10 in photos

end me

why does this pepe want to kill himself, he is strong as fuck

Now I feel much better. Thanks user.

T-thanks

Why do I have ptosis in pictures but I can't see it in the mirror?
I can barely see it on the phone screen until the image gets flipped after I take it. It's less noticeable in the selfie camera, but my back camera is busted so I can't demonstrate.
What do I even look like to strangers? I only noticed this when I was 22 and got a smartphone, I don't know if I've been like this all my life, nobody told me in that case.

it's the other way around for me senpai. i always look worse in mirrors

Hi friend, I'm similar. I always wondered "why the fuck do I look so stupid in pics but not the mirror?" I eventually realized my left eye drooped, and my doctor did say I have ptosis.

I think something to do with mirrors showing us how we want to see or some shit, and so when we see ourselves in pics, we see our flaws.

Both my general doctor and optometrist said it's not noticeably visible, so u good

Same here. I've noticed I've got a bit of that Ryan gosling droop shit that he has. It's all good tho. I seem to be the only one who notices this. Not even my optometrist or the folks who adjust my glasses noticed.

There's a girl in one of my classes whom I noticed had the gosling thing going on as well and she's still really cute. These minor things we notice and hate about ourselves or feel indifferent or bad about actually make us more endearing to others. We just have to keep reminding ourselves.

People looks the same from one day to another. Shit like this needs to be only in our heads.

Case in point.

>look in the mirror, huge arms
>look down, theyre fucking tiny

Damn
Really makes you think

Which one is most realistic?

still uggo friendo.

What did he mean by this?

Trick question -- Eye's and mirrors aren't real

which one do you think, retard?

the one that is a reasonable distance away and unfocuses on the background, or the one doing the fisheye perspective making her head looks bulbous and even keeping the background in focus

>look kind of normal in mirror
>face curved like a fucking banana in photos
>look kind of OK from front on
>shit tier profile

jdimsa

Veeky Forums BTFO

This

Also if you're using the selfie camera, try switching to 4:3. Some phones can't handle the 16:9 and it makes your face look extra weird.

If you were to meet a clone of you one day, you wouldn't be able to recognize it. That's how inaccurate your perception of yourself is.

>tfw your left side is the hotter one

>look in mirror, huge dick
>look down, average

>tfw jew nose
Fuck you, I can't do anything about it, no matter how much I lift it will never go away, and will always obscure the sun for me.

>look in mirror, small dick
>look down, above average/dig bick.
wuuut

>rhinoplasty

>look like 4/10 in the mirror
>2/10 in photos
>all my girlfriends and female friends say I'm an 8, 7 minimum

What the fuck even is my life?

I have read about this before and there are a million reasons why this can happen:
1. you're just ugly
2. you always make a weird face because you don't know how to pose for a photo
3. we're not used to seeing ourselves from other angles so it immediately feels wrong
4. the face we see in the mirror is a mirror image, i.e. right is left, left is right. in a photo this is switched up and we freak out.
5. you're using a smart phone or something equally shitty to take your photo

there are more, possible reasons, but I don't remember them all

friends lie but you are not hideous. I bet u r around 5-6 right now. work on ur confidence.

look at what kind of women you get a positive reaction from. I don't necessarily mean dating, I mean when you meet new women and instantly see that you've piqued their interested.

>1. you're just ugly

The sad thing is that 9 out of 10 times its this one.

Open up facebook right now and go to a good looking girl's profile. Good looking people still look good when they have bad pictures of them taken. Thier features dont change just because someone has taken a photo from a strange angle. Unfortunately your face is most likely the problem.

this

>sometimes think i look good in the mirror but i rate myself a 4/10 and don't consider myself attractive at all

>go to orthodontist to consult about getting braces
>she's a 40 yo milf qt
>at one point she says i'm a good looking guy in a sincere way
>hmm ok shes just being overly nice so i give her my business

>go out on a social with one of the uni societies
>one girl in our group
>out of the blue she says she knows 3 girls who she can set me up with if i'm interested

maybe i'm actually pretty good looking and just have shitty self esteem, still khv at 21

>The sad thing is that 9 out of 10 times its this one.
no, it's definitely not 9 out of 10 times. I've heard lots of people say they look good in mirrors, but that they hate how they look in photos. I don't think any of them have actually been ugly. The people who're truly ugly can tell that quite easily from their mirror image.

> Thier features dont change just because someone has taken a photo from a strange angle.
you're missing the point here. the point is that you look you look different from what you're used to and your brain freaks out. other people are used to seeing you that way so they don't get the same reaction.

Its probably better than the alternative:

>Spend early teen years thinking I'm ugly as fuck
>Have a clear idea of how I hope to look one day
>Mature and grow
>I look exactly how I always wanted
>Honestly blown away by my own beauty
>Haven't had sex since mid 2014
>Haven't even kissed a girl since the day before New Years Eve
>The last time a girl complimented me was in April
>I had to just say "thanks" and walk away quickly because she was about 14

>Now walk around in a constant state of confusion
>Pic related has become my permanent expression
>Don't even get mired from a distance any more

I don't know what happened.

I think it's often just our own perception. I've taken selfies and such with girls where they look great but when we look through them they're like "omg why am I so ugly, that's not going on facebook!" even though they look completely fine.

It's mostly self esteem and we want to look like models and actors we see on TV and in magazines and are disappointed when we don't, even though we all know a lot of effort has been made to make them look good (lighting, proper cameras, make up, photoshop etc).

I used to hate having my photo taken but when I went to uni it became impossible to avoid and now I've seen 1,000+ photos of myself Im pretty comfortable with how i look. Though it's still weird how different I look in the mirror compared to most photos taken of me.

>be 16
>feels bad, because everybody says they had sex and stuff
>girls start being interessted in you
>get always the girls which you want
>drop it after a few month and get a new
>all girls are into you
>build up a huge self esteem

>3years later
>cant talk to girls anymore
>8+/10 girls arent interessted anymore
>some ugly fat bitches are interessted
>too proud to go down with a girl below 7/10

This struggle is real for 2 years now and i dont know why.
Even getting Veeky Forums couldnt change it.

Delusion: the thread

you're way more brutal when appraising your own photos

you notice every fucking nitpicky detail, every wrinkle, mark, hair tuft, because you're used to noticing them because most people are naturally discerning of their own appearance

when was the last time you looked at anyone elses photo and bothered to actually analyze it in such detail

Those women on facebook with good photos?
I'd bet 95% of them searched through about a thousand old photos of them and tried taking another 500 that night before settling on one they liked enough to post

i know that feel all too well, user

just have to embrace it, and grow a beard

>feel not shit for once
>accidentally see my profile in the mirror
>feel like killing myself

>look a solid chiseled aesthetic face from the front
>look like a fucking deformed potato from the sides

REEEEEEEEEE

50mm is generally agreed on by photographers for faces

>I think i look fairly ok, like a 6 or 7/10 but dyel
>My whole life has pretty much been compliant with this fact
>start job at restuarant
>All of a sudden every girl there thinks i'm a solid 9/10
>get called muscles, and a girl told me i'm all muscle
>still completely dyel
>dont know if i should believe them or if i'm just the best looking guy there because i'm not a high school drop out in his 30s

>looks shit in mirrors
>looks shit on photos
>even my father says i am ugly
atleast i know how i look like

>because i'm not a high school drop out in his 30s

>Hadn't even thought about this ever
>That is literally what I'll be in 2 and a half years

a-at least i s-still lift

Do none of you understand the difference between 3d and 2d?
What you see in the mirror is exactly how other people see you in real life, only mirrored.
Look in the mirror and alternate between closing left and right eye. Do the same while looking at a photo. Notice how you see yourself from different angles in the mirror, but the you in a photo just moves from left to right.
In real life people see a 3d version of your face because their brain combines what the left and right eye see and does some magic.

Disregard this if it's a one-eyed pirate looking at you.

I'm sorry user i didnt mean to hurt you

anyone got that gif of a shot of a beach that zooms back and forth between close up and far-away-but-zoomed-in?

nvm, googled for five seconds

now imagine this is your face

Focal points guys, mirror is more or less what you look like but reversed where as pics are flat images taken at different focal points. Selfies are the worst.

>tfw small pig nose
Fuck you, I can't do anything about it, no matter how much I ilft it will never go away, and will always make me look like an ugly pig

Hahah this. I always look in the mirror and feel pretty confident then I see a pic someone took from the side and I look so bad. Same when you're at the hairdressers and at the end they show you the back and sides and I end up leaving wanting to jump off the nearest bridge.

When you look like me you look like shit in everything. Mirrors pictures real life everything lol

>tfw have been told my nose ruins my face

This

Find the widest, 90 degree-est fucking mirror you can and stand in the middle and step back from it until you can see all of your torso to your hips (the further, the more accurate).

That is how you look in general. When you look up close, you only focus on the parts of your face you like. This also obscures your peripheral vision so you can't really focus on your overall face all at once.

Round mirrors make your face round and short, long narrow mirrors make your head look elongated. In short, get a big-ass mirror.

Atleast your white, if I knew ya irl I'd help ya get a hwhite gf

I'd spot your bench and maybe let you finish in me senpai, you're not bad looking

lmao get lost

I'm not white I'm Jewish

Ive been told that has to be clarified

I'm not even Jewish, but I got mistaken for a Jew a couple of times already because of it.

Oy gevalt, you're handsome

no ones face is perfectly symmetrical so when you see a photo of yourself it looks fucked compared to what you see in the mirror

But the face in the photo is what everyone else sees and they are all used to it

Iktf though

thanks for the laugh

DELET THIS