Is it all worth it to ruin your life in a second?

Do you think the guy thinks it was worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y1zB-Bu6V44
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Are you a retard?

gotta eat more oatmeals

So worth it to lift weights!

>Is it all worth it to ruin your life in a second?

>I sit allwor thittor uinyo urlife inasec ond?

nice snark. now imagine being this guy and think about if he wished he had a different hobby.

What's her name then?

Genesis Rodriguez

Name one hobby, hell name one THING thats worth doing where horrible accidents cant happen.

People fucking die driving to work.

she ded??

FUGG

Gonna get so much pussy in heaven

Napping.

>not just pushing extra hard
Not making it.

thats w hy you shouldnt work

he is way beyond the point of training for pussy. all he trains for is respect and admiration from other dudes.

Yes, he could also sit on the couch all day and play it safe.

Yummy!

Wait, somethings off

You're the same faggot that created the Scabies thread yesterday, weren't you?

comfy as fuark

He's an Olympic heavyweight gold medalist, the strongest of them all, so probably yes, he thinks it was worth it.

:3

Wut.

How did the bar get under the safety stops?

wtf

Genesis Gomez, and she just passed out. Didn't hurt herself. She even upped to 109 kg right after that and got it.

so glad I don't do maxes. I remember in high school someone tore their pec. I only did my 3pl8 max after I was doing 300 for reps ez. No stress with perfect form

what did he mean by this???

that filename

Fun fact - literally nothing happened to him after this.

kek

As long as you don't do snatches and do stuff like squats and bench in a power cage with safety rails its pretty hard to hurt yourself that bad.

Worst injury I ever had was due to a pothole in a soccer field.

Is it worth it to live a life of ignoble ease, and never even attempt to conquer yourself?

Oh my!

How do I Avoid?

Also that appears to not just be a rectal prolapse but the bowels have also shifted.

All these injuries minus the bench one are due to snatches.
Every crossfit video has tons of snatches gone wrong. Why they still teach them is questionable to say the least.

Basically the question becomes "is it worth it to do snatches?" And the answer is no.

Pretty sure that comes from too much intra-abdominal pressure. Also pretty sure this is only possible if you have very fucking strong abdominal muscles AND buckled your lifting belt too tight.

People literally die on their sleep.

>Insinuating people don't die magically while they sleep

But intraabdominal pressure is necessary for heavy lifts

Holy fuck am I just a time bomb waiting to explode?

Like I said: Too much.

It's only possible if A. Your muscles have the necessary strength to prolapse your anus and B. Your belt is tightened too much so your abs aren't just pushing inside the belt but reducing the space your guts have available to them.

Uhh, how about drawing/painting, making music and most art forms in general that don't include dangerous tools?

>When you're so strong you literally BTFO of yourself

Is there a term beyond making it?

>literally nothing happened to him after this.
yes, he won a gold medal

I think I kind of assume my lifting hobby will end someday with an injury I don't recover from. Something like a permanently ruined knee or whatever.

It doesn't really stop me though. Comes with the territory when you pick heavy shit up everyday.

I saw the video once, and for some reason there is space between the safety stops and the vertical bar behind.

I don't know why it's designed like this, it's pretty dangerous.

seems like that defeats the purpose of having safeties in the first place

>he doesnt paint with cadmium yellow

never gonna make it

The safety stops can be lowered or heightened and the sides are not attached to the part where you rack the weight.
When he failed to rerack the weight, the bar pushed the rack away from the safety stops and made a gap to fall through.
youtube.com/watch?v=y1zB-Bu6V44

It's even more dangerous than without them, because you can't roll the barbell over your body after it is in this position.

You just made your own homemade guillotine.

I'm more titanium white

There is normally no space between the safety stops and the vertical bar behind. You can see scratches on the paint on the vertical bar from adjusting the safety stops up and down.
The space was created when he failed to rerack.

Obviously, that shouldn't happen. Either the safety stops should be attached to the vertical bars or the design should not have allowed any wiggle room at all.

I linked the vid here:

leave the anal cavity behind

i don't understand

you can get injured in any sport or physical activity

but people still play or do them

>how would you treat and package for transport

ABC's, have patient lie on stretcher in left lateral recumbent position, dress injury with moist trauma dressing, establish large bore IV during transport, consider pain management, monitor vital signs every 5 - 10 minutes throughout transport.

He won the gold in the 2008 Olympics. He ended up sitting out the competition after this and didn't get to defend his title in 2012, which was a bummer.

But otherwise, he was fine after the incident.

OP is right. I'm done with lifting. What's the point of getting buff just to lose it all and end up as a paraplegic. No thanks famalam.

Thanks again for making this thread OP

Nice damage control after getting blown the fuck out multiple times, OP

I'm not OP or the poster you're responding too but they're right. Lifting is dangerous.

So is literally any activity, with lifting being the least dangerous of hundreds of professional sports. And as the thread has proven, dropping 200 kg on your neck can leave you with nothing more than a scratch, while 0.5 kg icicle falling down from the roof of your house while you're on your way to work will fucking kill you.

Lifting is objectively less dangerous than many activities, not to mention sports.

this desu, never push yourself with max, push with volume

Well Steiner is now a minor celebrity in Germany, so he probably thinks it was worth it.

That's not a career ending injury, it's just a dislocation. He'll be back competing in a year or two.

Passing out on that attempt didn't even take her out of the competition, she made her next two clean and jerks.

In other words, OP's a massive faggot grasping at straws to justify being a fat piece of shit. Kill yourself.