Technically, does anyone have the potential to be as strong as Zydrunas Savickas?

I mean, does bone structure matter that much? Big Z seems to be huge all around; he has a block head, one of the widest i've ever seen, and he seems to have thick bones.

Do skinnier people have a chance to be this strong and big, with the appropriate drugs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MI0L7E_5Qac),
youtube.com/watch?v=IVzWtvUdeuk
musclememory.com/show.php?a=Coleman, Ronnie
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It all matters, but what matters the most is how prone you are to contusions. Eddie Hall deadlifted 500kg becuase he almost never had any injuries and could do a steady progress.
I think that most people could get to a 250kg+ deadlift natty. 300kg+ elite and roiders and over 400 only genetic monsters on roids.

>being this delusional

Genetics are everything. Anyone can lift and roid, but only those with the best genes will make it to the top.

Look at Eddie Hall at 16. He only did swimming at that point.

He's impressive but if you take a closer look at his lifts and his weight then not so much. From Wiki his personal best squat is 400 kg and he weighs around 180. That's a little over 2 times his BW.

There are tons of lifters that are much smaller that lift much more. Take Lu for example. He is 77 kg and squats around 310 kg. That's 4 times his BW.

So yes, you can be much stronger per pound.

manlet detected

>relative strength

No he didn't only swim lmao.

Bigger head = bigger bones. Bigger bones = more load to be carried.

At least that makes sense i think.

Lu is not 77kg when he squats 310kg.

>He only did swimming at that point.

that's what I said you fucking dumbass

and ant can lift hundreds of times their body weight. Are ants stronger than Eddie Hall?

I concur. Here's a pic of Mike Tyson at the age of 13. Let that sink in.

what the fuck does it want now?

>I mean, does bone structure matter that much?
Yes, Genetics does factor in but it doesn't mean you shouldn't try.

Just look at that square Slav jaw, this man is made from the best strength genes possible.

>have you accepted mr clean as our lord and saviour?

Whats his snatch PR?

Swimming in orals more likely

This is Eddie hall at 14. He was 90kg at the moment the picture was taken.

A 14 year old kid, who swims. 90kg.

Too many variables involved.

The point is the better your bone structure the better your muscle potential.

I've swim since 6yo and looked like skinny dyel whole time. There's no way it's only swimming.

But Z is famous for being a shit squatter and an only OK deadlifter.

He dominates in overhead pressing.
And by dominates I mean he reps out more than other top tier strongmen have as their 1RM.

That other poster is an idiot. Lu's highest attempt was 300kg and he failed it. His highest recorded 1rm at competition weight is 275 high bat ATG (youtube.com/watch?v=MI0L7E_5Qac), which is still an elite level lift slightly above 3.5xBW.

>I've been lifiting since I was 16 and I only deadlift 240kg, there's no fucking way this guy deadlifts 500kg, when he's only 28 years old.

Point is, he's that much better that all of you.
It's why he's constantly in the top 5 at WSM and 6 time UK's strongest man.

you don't understand the relationship between bodyweight vs maximum strength. its definitely not a linear function.

you cannot weigh 180kg and squat 720kg, like a guy who weighs 77kg and squats 310kg. its impossible.

zydrunas's lifts are all extremely impressive for his weight class. there is no argument about that. he is all round the greatest strength athlete of all time as a super heavyweight

not gonna lie, if you werent already incredibly strong before you started lifting you are never going to be the best. but most people arent going to be. try to better yourself and have a steady progression.

dont compare yourself to genetic freaks.

t. someone who is one of the best powerlifters in his small country and deadlifted 130kg first time.

>inb4 you were fat

he squatted more than 300

but user, swimming builds endurance, not muscle. My point was that these muscles are too big for any swimmer.

I did 110 the first time, and I was a bit fat

youtube.com/watch?v=IVzWtvUdeuk

Video
If his 1rm was around 275 at competition weight in 2015, I highly doubt he was able to make over 15kg gains in the squat in under a year.

dont think there is a video but he did it when he was training and was probably over his competition weight. it was on some chinese ol blog.

that 275 video someone linked is from competition. why would he be squatting his absolute max right before competition?

lmao cut the delusion isley the deadend hit 300 and he's the worst lifter you'll ever meet

Lold

got me

Kekkies
Thanks user

He didn't only swim you dumbass, he lifted weights.

therefore i said anyone can do 250kg+ natty with hard work. Where's the delusion?

>Snatch matters in strongman

Lul

I don't understand, pls explain.

Yes, they are.
That's why he's taken up lifting and became a strongman - if you get that without even trying, than you can deadlift 500kg before you turn 30.

Remember that the person in question is a freak of nature.
You don't compare him to normal athletes, he's a unique specimen, like Ronnie Coleman or Bill Kazmaier.

Pic related, it's what coleman looked like before he even learned what roids are and what they do.
It's not only what he said (that he learned about taking gear from IFBB pros, after he got his pro card and didn't do good in shows), Ronnie's roid boost is quite obvious when you look at his placing history:
musclememory.com/show.php?a=Coleman, Ronnie

Learned about roids in 1991-1992, started using 1993-1994.

22 years later, he's a cripple, but he had a good run.

change it to 300 natty and 400 elite, 300 is literally who cares weight

70kg twinks can pull more

Just let that sink in.

I think you might be retarded.

Eddie Hall used to lift weights while also swimming. He gave up swimming because he probably wasn't that good, and went fully into strenght training.

>Remember that the person in question is a freak of nature.
That would explain why he has muscle that you don't use during swimming so big also.

Don't forget that Coleman is dumber than a rock and probably took orals but didn't know or consider them to be roids.

I have smallish wrists (6.6 inches), however I was able to deadlift 245 my first time in the gym and pulled 315 on my 3rd day there. I'm not fat (175) and have no previous experience in sports except I have a pull-up bar at home I occasionally do pull ups on.

Decent genetics to deadlift? Also I'm pretty tall (6'1) with a short femur.

I think you might not only be more retarded than I am, but also too dumb to do basic, google-assisted research.

Eddie started lifting when he was 15. The photo posted was taken when he was 14.

Would you recommend starting strength?

>t. someone who is one of the best powerlifters in his small country and deadlifted 130kg first time.

So where do you live? Monaco? Andora? San Marino?

depends. gives good strength beginner gains but is kinda risky because you get to lift "heavy" weight quite fast. form might break down on a bad day, which might lead to injuries etc. people need to eat a lot and get enough rest to really profit from ss. for pl you dont need powercleans.

i actually like the powerliftingtowin novice/intermediate programs. never did them myself but had a client do them and she made great progress

>Believing this

How naive.

Oh, wow. I didn't know Ronnie Coleman looked aesthetic once!

I think you're underestimating 300kg pull. And Isley. He might be a dork, but his results are really good. How much do you lift?

He has done impressive squats and deadlifts. He has the hummer tire record and has done 440kg regular