The age old question, Veeky Forums

The age old question, Veeky Forums

Do you include the weight of the bar when people ask what you can lift?

>do you include the weight of what you are lifting when people ask how much weight you can lift?

Yes the bar is part of the weight you are lifting

/thread

>when he includes the weight of the clips

Yes, it should say how much it weighs on the bar, at my gym they're 20kg.

Obviously no because bars are made out of special material that is antigravity.

>when he includes the weight of the gloves

>not including the mass of air above the bar, varying by altitude and using sea-level for massive gains

>not including the weight of your arms

>he doesn't factor in the gravitational pull of the moon when he lifts at night

>counting the pl8s

Only if the serial numbers on the plates and bar match otherwise nah because the calibration is probably off by to much and you are kidding yourself.

What about on the leg press, it says starting resistance 167 lbs. Do you include that?

i only count in plates and everyone understand what i'm talking about

yes

Of course not. Do you include the weight of your upper body in your squat? The weight of your arms on the bench?

Think about it like this. If you curl a barbell with one hand are you curling 45lbs or 0lbs? Depending on your answer you might be right or a fucking retard.

You curl the bar

>hey user can you lift this 60kg item for me?
oh Jeez I can only lift lmao 1pl8 which is 40kg's...
>No, sorry. I'm not that strong yet

in conversation? yes, if pl8 option not applicable.

to myself? no.

Youre a fat retard.

I don't include the bar, because I don't just lift shit with bars.

I'm not gonna substract the bar from the anvil I shoulder and press, I'm not gonna substract the bar from my weight when I do pullups.

Why the fuck would I substract the bar from barbell movements?

this is the dumbest reason i've ever heard

do you include the weight of your arms too?

retards

Yes, why not?

because you're not a dyel?

shut the fuck up you pussy eating beta bitch, go suck a black cock you whimpering aids ridden faggot dicksucker motherfucking gay ass rim bitch fucker

don't reply to my thread again

But the arms are doing the lifting

The bar does not hoist

you are lifting your arms, hence you should count your arms

Count the bar it counts as weight, lifting just the bar is not weightless. Any responses contrary to this fact are bait.

Postin facts

What kind of autistic shitfuck is that?

Thought you were a big tough guy, fuckin dyel?

Well, but if i compare to others im still above.
The others have to substract the same weight that i have substract, and the difference will be the same, so whats your point?

Including the weight of the bar is a meme that has to die

Nobody does it outside of Veeky Forums

For curls I do include the weight of my arms but that's just me showing off

>Not factoring in the force of air pressure times the area of the underside of the bar

this fucking thread again? no one is going to fall for your shitty bait, guys. normal people don't count the weight of the bar, retards
/thread

see

had a friend that counted the bar, i told him that was some gay shit and he went silent. it was like he knew it on the inside.

>not lifting with a 65lbs. 2" bar.
>
>SOON I'LL BE 50 YEARS OLD

>not counting the downward force of the air con

Plebs

>had a friend
He went silent because there is not really anything to say to someone as stupid as you. Explains why he is no longer your friend too.

That would still be weightless though.

>not including the chalk on the bar

we are still friends though lmao
keep having such low self confidence that you just have to add some extra weight

No the arms lift themselves

the patrician answer would be the overall newtons you weigh with the lift as if you stood/did the lift on a weighing scale

yet youre still lifting them, so by that rationale, you should count them as you do the bar

Do you subtract 45 lbs from the weight of what you can dumbbell bench press? If not, you're a moron.

Ok let me chop them off and weigh them

>not including the air resistance of the bar

>2.1415926 plates

>at night

>he counts the plates
everyone lifts the plates so why do you count it?

>When you can finally squat lmaoπpl8's

Fucking DYEL
You people are like fatties. "I-if everyone's fat, i-it's OK for me to be!"
kys

>posting bait in response to bait calling it bait

kek, fuck off with this shit

look, the actual weights of the plates are usually 44.5lb, also of-course you count the fucking bar, damn what is it with you autisits.

>not considering the weight of the atmosphere above your plates

Stand on a scale. Now, pick up a barbell and stand on the scale again. Notice how the weight didn't change at all? That's why you don't count the bar.

>The moon is only up at night
This is why this isn't

Should I include the weight of air resistance against the bar?

I swear the air gets heavy when I dead lift. Stops the bar from coming up so fast.

>not including the weight of all the feels that gymcels and autists have transferred onto the knurling of the bar

Only on max weight max reps

>current year
>not subtracting the radioactive decay of the iron with a half life of 2.737 years

In my 12 years of lifting I have never ever heard of someone not counting the weight of the bar.

>he doesn't factor in how far about sea level he is

Of course not, even because in my gym there is not one (1) pair of identical bars and I have no idea what their weights are anyway.

This seems reasonable.

It depends what kind of bar and for what lift.

For The Press™©® I count the bar and the plates.
For The Lift™ I don't count the bar, but I count plates and add 2.5 lbs for every rep because the muscles get tired and have to work harder.

So If I The Lift™ 5lbs+45lb bar 300 times, I'd say my 1RM is 755lbs

Forgot to mention when The Lift™ing 0lbs 0lb bar for 1,000 reps, your 1RM would be 2500lbs.

Pretty quick way to gain strength for new lifters.

Do you include your torso weight when squatting?

>he doesn't factor in the gravitational pull of the building surrounding him
>he doesn't factor in the gravitational pull of himself on the bar
Wow, holy shit you fags don't even know what you're doing.

Yea. The bar at the gym I can lift 70 in weights plus the bar. My bar at home is so much lighter I lift 118lb in plates and I can only do 15 of both so the bar weight is super important.