Eating healthier is cheaper

>eating healthier is cheaper

When is this meme going to end?

Other urls found in this thread:

aldi-nord.de/aldi_pizzeria_pizza_645_129_416_19559.html
discounter-preisvergleich.de/Deutsches-Brathaehnchen-mit-Hals-und-Innereien-ALDI-Nord-191.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i think people are referring to going out and buying stuff to cook with rather than buying fast food or food at restaurants which is more expensive.

30 servings of oatmeal is less than 3 dollars... eggs are around 0.25¢ each wtf are you talking about. Frozen fruit is cheaper than candy.

And a cheap frozen pizza is $1.

4 eggs isn't a meal.

Show me a cheap way to eat 2500kcal while getting 150g protein.

Even a pre-cooked whole chicken at my local grocery store deli is $5.00 on the nose. Grab and go. Can cook your own for less. Anyone who pays for fast food is literally just being cucked by marketing.

>single frozen pizza
>meal
maybe in your world, skeleton

>what is rice/potatos and chicken guys hurrr

>1000kcal of rice, potatoes and chicken
>1000kcal of pizza

hmm I wonder which one costs more

a 1$ frozen pizza isnt going to have 2500 calories. frozen pizzas are usually 4-5$ here and have about 1200 calories.

meanwhile a box of pasta = 1600 calories = 1$.

whole wheat pasta is the true bulking food

i don't, because i know the pizza is gonna cost more than the equivalent of rice, potatoes and chicken

You sound weak.

>spend $10.08 this morning buying 2lbs of chicken breast
That, combined with the rice I already have, will be 4 lunches this week.
3 eggs with some bacon in the morning, and two scoops with water, and that'll be a day.
Not the cheapest, but still only like $5 a day.

I would love to know where you live that chicken is cheaper than pizza.

Yeah of course you won't spend much money on food if you don't eat anything. You're not even having an evening meal. Some of us are bulking.

Germany. and you asked for a combination of rice, potatoes and chicken, not only chicken.

why am i even responding to obvious bait

If I have a meal of chicken and rice I could literally buy the equivalent amount of calories in junk food for cheaper then just the chicken part of the meal.

>junk food

Do it, you sissy

>hurr durr everyone lives where I live

Here, actual red meat is cheaper than fast food.

A kg of meat (not even minced) is around 8 to 10 euros. Minced is like 3 euros per kg.
One single burger at McD is about 7 to 8 euros.
Frozen pizzas are like 4 to 5 euros each and they're barely enough for a meal

Just because you don't know how to shop properly doesn't mean it's a 'meme' you stupid fucking CHILD.

Tell my $1.99/lb boneless skinless chicken breast that it's 'too expensive'.

Or maybe you're a skeezy parasitic NEET who needs to stop sponging off your parents and GET A JOB so you can buy actual food.

Get correct.

Says the user that doesn't know the price of lmao7limes.

Chicken, eggs and bacon aren't healthy so immediately this thread is full of trash.

Eating healthier is more expensive because fruits and vegetables are the most beneficial to health but provide very few calories per unit of money (with the possible exception of bananas, some dried fruit as well as starchy vegetables)

The healthiest calorie sources are legumes, grains, tubers, nuts and seeds and these are indeed cheap per calorie.

>whole wheat pasta is the true bulking food
>high fibre
>bulking food
Fucking what?

You literally couldn't be any more wrong.

I cook my own meals every single night. Shits expensive. Yeah, sometimes you can get some cheap chicken. Try bulking on just chicken and rice, really.

Meanwhile I can always buy a massive pizza for cheap as shit.

I literally don't understand how people can think its cheap to bulk on lean meat and veggies. Its not.

Fuck off Veganfag, people here want to make ACTUAL GAINS not be part of your troll/meme 'lifestyle choice' that turns good men into weak skinnyfat women with brain problems.

The average American has overdosed on memes and thinks that carbs make you fat and are easy to consume in large quantities throughout the days.
Of course none of these people have ever sat down and actually tried to eat 800 calories of rice. In fact they don't even know what such a portion would look like.

OP was talking about health, not gains. Chicken does not promote human health.

No, no no. You CLEARLY don't know how to shop for groceries. Where do you shop? Whole Foods? Some other 'boutique' grocery store where everything is ten times more expensive than it has to be? LOL Go find a Winco Foods you mook and stop throwing your money away.

Lentils and wheat pasta you obese faggot

Buying lots of fresh produce is expensive, buying red meat is expensive. Frozen vegetables and chicken are basically free.

Long story short, kysfr.

>massive pizza for cheap as shit
LOL why not 'save' even more money and just eat directly out of a dumpster like a homeless person? You'd probably get better nutrition eating like a literal pig on a farm than eating pizza, you fucking moron.

The pizza, 100%.

>Try bulking on just chicken and rice

No, that's retarded. That's where shit like peanutbutter comes in handy.

I shop at the cheapest market near me. I've been doing this for years, I know how to shop. I'll say it again. I literally don't understand how people can think its cheap to bulk on lean meat and veggies. Its not. Do you have any fucking idea how much meat that is?

Okay idiot, what's your zipcode?

>being an american faggot

no thanks

Don't get it why are you lads crying.
Eat your frozen, fast food, cheap shit.
You'll die from cancer in your 50's, then you won't need to worry about money.

replied to wrong post.

>bulk on lean meat and veggies
Again, step into traffic. If you survive, buy some pasta, various vegetable oils, and nuts.

Yup, all part of the staple. This changes nothing. You are literally just telling me to do what I'm already doing and they getting upset when I point out that its cheaper just to grab some junk food. It must be difficult being retarded.

>veganfaggotry
>gains
PICK ONE AND ONE ONLY

How is it even remotely cheaper? If you want to but a bag of sugar and a brick of cheddar and just eat that, yeah, it's incredibly cheap calories, but no normal human does that. Buying cheap cuts of meat, rice/bread/pasta/potatoes, and green vegetables is absolutely the cheapest way for a non-obese person to eat. Pizza and takeout will never be cheaper than food you bought and cooked yourself.

Where did I tell him to not eat meat you fucking dunce? He's already buying chicken and rice, which are fine.

>eating clean is cheaper than the norm
rice in bulk, meat in bulk, veggies, flour etc. are cheaper than pre-fabricated meals

>eating clean, but also consuming some more expensive things is about the same as regular food
organic foods, fruits, some variation

>eating clean, but also going an extra mile, with supplements, non gmo stuff, careful consideration of all macro's and weird spices
is going to be more expensive than the norm.

But basically speaking, if you want to eat more healthily, it will be cheaper than your garbage. Few additives in rice, flour, eggs or whatever. If you want to, you could also find normalish meat. There will be little to no industrial sugars as well. So generally speaking, it will be healthier.

So you could go from a minus to your health with shit food that costs a mediocre amount, to a slight plus, with food that costs less.

>Paragraph 1
I seriously believe anyone here who claims takeout is cheaper is just trolling, nobody is that dumb

>Paragraph 2
Apologies senpai, one must always be vigilant against veganism and it's gains-stealing ways.

to add to that

>basically started partly living in this lifestyle because why not lol, I have cash but no reason to eat junk

1.70 euro's for 1kg bag of rice, which equals to 3,5k calories.

Also bought a rice cooker for 14 bucks, and now, every once in a while make rice with meat and veggies or some dumb shit like that.

If I wanted to I could probably even find cheaper brown rice in bulk elsewhere.

not in Germany you manchild, maybe in fatistan.

1kg pizza 3,41
aldi-nord.de/aldi_pizzeria_pizza_645_129_416_19559.html
1kg chicken 2,40
discounter-preisvergleich.de/Deutsches-Brathaehnchen-mit-Hals-und-Innereien-ALDI-Nord-191.html

>not taking calorific density into account

Hans pls

A lot of the calories in pizza are from wheat flour and oil. You know you can get literally over 9000 calories for 1 dollar/euro when you buy flour and oil, but then rip your health

Upvote dude! fucking perfect, couldn't have put it any better myself!

When people start to acknowledge that variety is important to some people.
I can't eat the same fucking thing every day like a dog and be happy with my life.

Healthy eating is important, but so is actually enjoying what you're eating.
If I'm eating the same bland shit all day every day, I'd be more likely to go nuts and pig out on gross shit.

A bowl of tuna and mayo is like 85 cents...

overall cost of eating healthier is way less than eating shit.

you wont get sick, need medicine, miss work, miss workouts, etc etc etc. upfront cost might be SLIGHTLY more.

maintain a long-term perspective to life and you'll make it.

In California, I get chicken for $2.50 a pound and a 10 lb bag of rice for $3. You aren't going to get junk food for cheaper than that.

1 kg of rice is like 60 cents where i live, 1 cup of uncooked rice (200g/700cals) makes about 3 or 4 cups of cooked rice that you can eat throughout the day

500g of pasta is around the same price and conatins 1350 calories

same thing goes for pretty much all legumes / pasta

Mix in some eggs, chicken, and fish, those are the cheapes proteins you can get

i can literally eat at an average tdee for 2 or 3 days (if not more) with the 16.95 you spend for a big pizza and 4 cans of redbull (Lmaoing at your health)

aka nu-males, kek

hahahah thanks user your post made me kek audibly, it was being a long hard weekend but you made me smile and laugh, thank you again

2 whole meals and 1 liquid for 24 hours wtf? I think literally Hitler provided his POWs with a heartier meal plan. Some of us aren't skellys/tubs and need 5+ whole meals a day to support our body

Thats the entire fucking point you tard. Its cheaper to eat unhealthy food.

I think you've missed my point, why would you bulk on high fibre food?

Where do you live that frozen pizzas are 1$? They're usually at least 3 or 4

700 g of dry beans cost about 2€ here, about 2500 kcal and about 150 g protein
700 g oats cost about 1.5€, about 2500 kcal, about 100 g protein
400 g natty peanut butter costs about 2-3€, about 2500 kcal, about 110 g protein
30 eggs cost 6€ exactly, about 2400 kcal, about 180 g protein
Whole chicken costs 2€/kg on sale (two weekends a month, use your freezer, stock up), so one chicken (~1.5 kg) will cost about 3€. And after taking out the bones and skin (~1kg chicken left, plus the dog is now satiated) you are looking at at least 250 g protein and more than 1000 kcal)
Mix and match, learn to cook, throw in some frozen or fresh fruits and veggies, and you are looking at way less than 5€ per day, even less if cutting or female.
5/10, got me to reply.