Alright Veeky Forums, I am legit considering going vegan

Alright Veeky Forums, I am legit considering going vegan.

No I don't give a fuck about animals. Cows are extremely dumb creatures, and chickens are even dumber, while fish are simply swimming meat. Pigs are cool I guess, but I come from a Muslim shit hole and never really ate much pork anyway.

The research and data is just too much. Most peer-reviewed, high-quality researches show that vegans live the longest and have the least amount of health problems. Now, my heart is fine and I have zero family history of heart disease, but cancer and bowel disease are very common. I don't want to die, Veeky Forums.

Now, humans relied on meat to survive for millennia, so theoretically we should have evolved to not die from it. Maybe it is the shit they give animals, maybe it is the process of domestication itself, who knows? But I can't afford buying 100% organic animal products all the time, nor can I find the time to hunt enough game.

You have all these guys who are vegan and still manage to make gains. I never really intended to look outright huge, being particularly big and strong would be enough for me. So yeah, even if becoming a vegan would result in me becoming weaker, I would still prefer being able to bench 2pl8 and not getting cancer to being able to bench 3pl8 but getting cancer.

I only have a single problem. I have a weird IBS-like condition and I can't tolerate fibre well. Moderate amounts of it don't cause problems, but if I ate legumes all day every day I would end up spending 2 hours on the toiler. Yes I tried gradually increasing my fibre intake, and soaking my beans. Doesn't matter. My body doesn't seem to adapt, either. Can any vegans here give me some advice on this one? Because to hit my macros and micros while eating a vegan diet, I would have to eat over 200% of my daily fibre RDI. Which is insane.

didn't read
kill yourself
sage

Don't you ever post in my fucking thread again unless you are going to contribute.

Protein powder, potatoes and b12 shots.

>theoretically we should have evolved to not die from it

Wrong. Humans never lived long enough to die of the diseases we associate with meat consumption (cardiovascular, colon cancers, etc.)

By the way, you're going to get cancer no matter what you eat. Either you stroke out, an organ fails you, or you live long enough to die of cancer. This is a fact.

As a vegan:

Caring about animals is the ONLY legit reason to go full vegan. The benefits to personal health and the natural environment can be had by increasing reliance on plant foods and reducing meat intake, without eliminating it completely. Especially if you spend the money you save on getting good quality, non-processed meats from organic farms.

Veganism matters to me, but I am not going to lie to people to trick them into it: you can eat a bit of meat and still get those benefits, and it will probably be easier to keep to it and also easier on your gut. Do try to cut the dairy, though, that's not good for people with IBS.

As for the IBS, I have it too. Just eat more tofu, tempeh and seitan for protein. Also protein shakes. And give your body time, it will adapt. Also, like I said, cut dairy - helped me greatly (used to be a vegetarian and went full vegan partly due to the IBS).

>Wrong. Humans never lived long enough to die of the diseases we associate with meat consumption

Meme. Most hunter-gatherers lived until their 50s. People in my family get cancer before hitting 60.

>By the way, you're going to get cancer no matter what you eat.

Well, sure, but there is a difference between getting cancer at 20 and getting cancer at 80.

Yeah. Vegan food is low cal so you have to eat a lot. I eat about 100g oats a day, 300g of cooked or baked beans or other legumes, and around 150-200g of bread and 40g peanut butter. My total fiber is sometimes 35g or it even reaches 50g very often. Soy does not have much fiber though, so the days when i use TVP i end up with less fiber.

I also use carob powders, wheat germ, cocoa and ground flax with oats, which contributes to fiber. Keep in mind that ground flaxseeds are a must for vegan cuz they have omega 3 (ALA)

>The benefits to personal health and the natural environment can be had by increasing reliance on plant foods and reducing meat intake, without eliminating it completely.

I don't intend to eliminate it completely, actually. Maybe "vegan" was not the correct word to use here. But I eat meat literally every day, sometimes two servings a day. Eggs and yogurt in the morning, meat in the evening, at best. At worst I much on meat 3 times a day. This has to stop. I intend to eat animal products a few times a week, at most.

>Just eat more tofu, tempeh and seitan for protein.

I can't. That shit is rare and expensive here.

Also organic food is not always vegan and ethical. They use manure as a fertilizer.

Also we evolved to eat high-quality meat that comes from animals that live in the wild and eat clean food themselves, and eat it in low-to-medium quantity. And also hunt it ourselves, which of course is good cardio. We did not evolve to sit on our asses all day, and then go to the supermarket to buy meat and proceed to stuff our faces with shitty, mass-produced, tortured husks that are fed absolute garbage.

Eat less meat, but spend as much money on it: get good stuff. Organic. Or hunt yourself or buy meat from a hunter.

TVP is cheap and it's 50% protein

Nice blogpost nu male. Tldr.

>omega 3
Actually what you really need is the EPA and DHA that Omega3 breaks down into. Except not everyone can do this; it's genetic and your body might not be able to do it. This is why eating fish is a great source of Omega3; the fish's body has already broken down the Omega3 so you get the EPA and DHA directly.

For a vegan source of Omega3 that is 100% reliable, you need to take a EPA/DHA supplement. Also flaxseeds can fuck with your test levels.

Correct. While I do think humans most likely can not die of meat consumption, the shit we eat today is very different from the animals we hunted thousands of years ago. Dairy is another matter.

And whether we like it or not, ethnicity matters. I have no idea about mine and can't pay 200$ to find out.

Like I said, I will probably eat meat every once in a while. But still, I will rely on plants for the overwhelming majority of my nutrients.

I have my doubts about soy, and I am 100% sure that stuff is rare and expensive where I live.

Where do you live?

It's expensive where I live too, IF one goes to fancy vegan stores. If one just goes to the local asian market, it's dirt cheap.

Making your own tempeh from fermented beans, and your own saitan from flour, is complicated but really cheap and super worth it (amazing taste!). If you spend a day making a huge amount it can last you for weeks.

>can't afford 100 percent organic meat
>thinks he can afford 100 percent organic vegetables

>people are making gains going vegan

The only reason to go vegan is because you love animals. Anything else and you are using "feelings" and absolutely no solid research to back it up. Why does your family get cancer? Meat? What kind of meat? All meat. What exists in meat to give your family cancer? Meat.

You know nothing but essentially broscience. If you did know all you would have to do is avoid that specific thing to not get cancer. It runs in your family. You are not eating your family, you already have something in you that says you're going to get cancer.

It'd be like saying that you're going vegan to avoid the male pattern baldness that runs in your family.

Turkey. We don't have "Asian markets" here. Though legumes are common and dirt cheap, stuff like tofu or tempeh or whatever is only found in big malls, and tend to be very expensive. Vegans here tend to be either upper-class or feminist university girls who eat 1000 kcal a week anyway.

I also live in a dorm.

I have to rely on legumes, really. How much is the whole "adaptation process" supposed to take?

I went vegetarian and had no problem with gains, you could just go vegetarian if you're only interested in increasing your life expectancy as vegetarians have a significantly higher one than both meat-eaters and vegans.

>I want to go vegan, but I don't want to stop eating meat

So you don't want to do anything but eat less meat. You have no discipline if you couldn't have already figured this out you bozo

Veganism is dirt cheap. It's objectively cheaper and more efficient economically.

>thinks he can afford 100 percent organic vegetables

No? When did I even mention eating organic?

>Anything else and you are using "feelings" and absolutely no solid research to back it up.

I am not going to spoon-feed you research. Go do your own. Vegans tend to live much longer than omnivores.

>Why does your family get cancer? Meat?

No one knows, though we eat more meat than the average family here, and no matter what meat tends to contribute to cancer.

>It'd be like saying that you're going vegan to avoid the male pattern baldness that runs in your family.

Err, no, this sentence shows that you have the reading comprehension of a 4-year-old. No one knows why cancer is so common in my family, but no matter what, meat consumption tends to increase one's chances of getting cancer. So I don't want to risk it.

Eat a much, much smaller amount of meat, yeah. Like I said, maybe "vegan" was not the correct word to use here. Perhaps eat fish only, though I don't know man, how healthy the fish is may depend on the pollution level no?

Ah OK, Turkey can be hard... I like vacationing there and vegan stuff is indeed hard to find. On the upside, you guys have AMAZING fruits and veggies!

Like said, look into making your own tempeh and especially seitan (seitan is way easier).

Adaptation takes a while, depends on your body. You'll always fart a bit more when eating beans, but give it a month or two without dairy. If it doesn't get better, decrease the amount of beans/legumes and up the meat. Find what works for you.

Yes, but unfortunately it's big among the upper-middle class so there are plenty of expensive, fancy variations on common stuff. Like "superfruits" and kombucha and ordinary lentils in small packages that are just superexpensive for unknown reasons. You have to be smart about it and not go where rich white women shop. I like going to the local arab market and just get dirt cheap veggies and legumes.

True desu

>On the upside, you guys have AMAZING fruits and veggies!

Yeah. Blueberries, avocados, and limes are rare and expensive for some reason, but otherwise we have a fuckton of great fruits like pomegranates, figs, apricots, persimmons.

I see. I guess I will eat a serving of oats and a serving of legumes every day for a week. Then eat a serving of oats and two servings of legumes every day.

>show that vegans live the longest
1. BS
2. Starving yourself prolongs life. But I still don't do it.

>but cancer and bowel disease are very common.
Common, but it's not like people are dying left and right at early ages.

>I don't want to die, Veeky Forums.
Bad news, you are going to anyway.

>theoretically we should have evolved to not die from it.
And we have. In my family it's very likely that you reach 90+ (grandparent/parents) and we none are vegans.

>still manage to make gains
Everybody on youtube is lying and taking steroids. You know that.

>
Everything in moderation, that's the whole secret to life.

>white women
I'm friends with a white girl who is vegan and she has two arab shop right outside her apartment and NEVER goes there, opting instead to buy "vegan shrimps" and other fancy weird shit at the expensive hippie store. I mean, sure, some of the stuff is interesting, but why do you not buy cheap legumes from the arab??

Why would you not go organic if you're scared of the meat boogeyman? They literally fucking spray all fields with poisons if you don't go organic. You actually need to be at least (or only) 10 feet away from another field to be considered organic. And I know you've never been around a field that sprays pesticides because if you had you wouldn't eat normal veggies since you're scared of everything. Unless you think literal poisons on your vegetables are better for you than the "I don't know" of meat. Not to mention that the fertilizer used is ammonium urea or nitrate depending on who wants to also blow up shit.

You have no research. When you make claims you're supposed to back up your research. I don't care about the research, because nothing I said needs disproving via research. You literally admit you have zero idea what causes cancer except you think it's meat. What sort of research is going to help you that wouldn't just give you an idea of what to avoid instead? Ie you don't have the proper proof because if you did you wouldn't have made this thread.

Even taking this as 100 percent fact, you are still not willing to give up meat. You don't want cancer, you "know" meat gives you cancer, but you're still going to eat it? You're fucking stupid. You're willing to adapt a holier than thou attitude but still going to eat the thing you're condemning? Are you sure your family didn't get cancer by sniffing ammonia?

Yes a 4 year old. That's why you literally state that you have no idea why in your following sentence. You're trying to go vegan because you have a feeling it will help. You lack the required evidence to state anything for a fact.
No matter what you do, you will not magically ward cancer away if it's deeply ingrained in your genes, which was my point with the baldness statement. You could never touch meat again in your life and still wind up with it.

What you actually need to do is find out what cancers run in your family and figure out causes.

If those causes coincide with things in meat, then you should avoid them. You should also look into what exactly could be in meat that could correlate with what afflicts your family.

Also, it's processed meats that are the cancer causers. Red meat and pork is a literal shrug at it.

Do more actual research before you decide to change your life. Not post on Veeky Forums. Nobody here knows anything. And if somebody does, then there's someone at the opposite spectrum who knows just as much broscience to offset them.

One more post just because

If you want to avoid a bunch of red flags, here's some healthy foods that aren't linked with everything and anything.

Chicken
Turkey
Fish in small doses due to mercury
Organic shit (though this is still possible to contain pesticides because it only has to be 10 feet away from a poison field)
You'd have to look up things like condiments and peanut butter
Milk
Eggs

There. You have a lot to eat. Avoid sausages, hot dogs, pepperoni, salami, etc. Pretty much processed meats.

If you admittedly eat a lot of meat you will not go vegan, nor lower your meat intake to basically nothing. You gotta eat a lot birds.

Take what I said with a grain of salt

> sound advice in a vegan shitposting thread

You should read this book then. It is about Vegan body builders
megadownloder com/592192

>Most peer-reviewed, high-quality researches show that vegans live the longest and have the least amount of health problems
No they dont

/thread

Any anons here transition to veganism or just a plant based food diet? If so how was the transition? As OP says, i feel like heath is something that is becoming more apparent and beneficial than bacon

i'd rather die 5 years earlier then stop eating meat.

As another vegan, I second this.

>Any anons here transition to veganism or just a plant based food diet?
Yeah, I did about 3 years ago.

>If so how was the transition?
It was tough for about a month. I knew what I needed to do to get all the necessary nutrients, so I was probably ahead of a lot of new vegans.

The problem was I had a ton of cravings for meat and dairy. Luckily, I had two things going for me.
1) I had recently quit smoking cigarettes, so I was used to recognizing cravings and not giving in to them.
2) I had promised myself I was going to try it for a month no matter what, and if I couldn't do it then I'd go back to eating animals. This allowed me to look forward to being done soon when I was feelings shitty about missing out on meat and dairy, so I could stick with it. This also helped me get through that first month, which really was the only hard part.

After the first month, I started to notice that I felt more energetic and just generally healthy. Some people have said that it must be psychosomatic, and I've heard plenty of people say they tried going vegan and it didn't work well for them. But regardless, after getting through that initial hurdle, it has been really great on my body, and I wouldn't go back even if I didn't give a shit about animals.

You just gotta make sure you're getting proper nutrition, hopefully have some good recipes lined up, and give it a little time of consistently doing it for your body to adjust.

Thinly vieled b8?

>Alright Veeky Forums, I am legit considering becoming deficient in one or more micro nutrients

kys

>Lives longer
>Lives weaker
>IBS----> ate vegetables for millenia we should have hurr evolved

Living longer:
After you cannot work on a regular basis you have 3 primary options.
A)Welfare
B)Rely on kids
C)Institutionalize yourself
Either one of these dreadful processes goes on for 15-35 years depending on how long you want to live and will surmount to the most suffering in your life. Long life is simply a meme.

Weaker:
Unless your looking to get conned by the food industry by paying shitloads for meat knockoffs and vegan proteins you're going to be a little boy in terms of physical strength. Yeah maybe people think it's cool, but rememer that any Veeky Forums person could topple your world in a fist fight at any given moment. You would have to live with the fact that you did that to yourself, whereas someone like me has no realistic adversaries.

IBS:
Smells like shit

OP is a fag, disregard his entire post, EAT DELICIOUS, NUTRITIOUS MEAT EVERY DAY, ENJOY YOUR MASSIVE GAINS.
/thread