What good do your muscles do you against a katana?

What good do your muscles do you against a katana?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=un7d4NvNXqY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

my girlfriend will protect me

>meme sword

Bruh...Katanas, like all swords, are heavy and need some muscle in order to be wielded. And they don't cut something just by touching it either. You need to put force to your swing, which means more muscle. In other words be fit.

Also, you'll never come inside Rainbow Dash. Because your waifu isn't real. Fedorafag.

Mad kek

but what good does your katana do against a spear?

Edgier than a fucking katana

If that's edgy to you then you must be as dull as a butter spreader.

>Swords are heavy

You've never handled a real sword. Most historical swords are way under 4 lbs, and handle very easily. Swords being heavy and made of cast iron is a meme.

>he cant catch a katana barehanded

>Nothing personal kid

>You need to put force to your swing
thats not a fucking axe. you dont apply force, you just let the blade fall.

>waifu isn't real
Lmao

>t. someone who has literally never held a sword before

I'm a national level fencer and I've been around swords- fencing and otherwise- my whole life. You have literally no idea how this works. Swords don't cut with force, they are sharp you unbelievable mongoloid. Speed is the key, not strength. Not only that, but most swords are pretty light. They have to be because, again, speed is the key to effective wielding, not strength. Granted, I've only fenced with weapons specifically built for competition, but as a general rule, lighter weapons move faster.
congrats if this was bait, I'm actually mad

Not that guy but fencers are faggots and queers

This is actually true at lower levels. Everybody joins up thinking that it's going to be cool swordfights like in their anime. Then they realize that it's actually hard work and getting good takes time and effort, like everything else. These individuals never make it very far in the sport. I wouldn't hang out with them. But then again, those who reach a high level end up being huge assholes because they're ultra competitive. I wouldn't hang out with them either.

I'll actually never forget the day my little bitch of a roommate thought he was hot shit because he was a fencer. I told
Him I was pretty sure I would beat his ass with a sword or whatever and he raged hard but was 100% he could beat me. So we went to the place he practices fencing with the school team and he gave me one and he got his little sword. So then I charged at him like an autist with the sword swinging with all my might that I could muster from all my years of lifting and he literally cowered because he wasn't used to someone not being in a gay ass stance. I'll always remember two things. How fucking retarded I must've looked and the look on his face as I smacked him with the poker.

That honestly sounds about right. Experienced fencers wouldn't have a problem because they aren't afraid of getting hit, but I could definitely see some new kid getting shit on like that.
This is also exactly what I'm talking about. People do the sport because they think it looks cool and they'll be so badass. It always pisses me off when these kids walk into my club because they're also the ones who never take practice seriously.

I'm gonna shoot you you bitch.
>but... But... I studied the blade
kys dyel.

kek

n...no...

Fuck you faggot, youre the reason why I'm ashamed to say i did fencing a few years ago. Fuck you and your stupid fucking obsession with "muh japan". Fuck you. I hope one day Marty Boermann smashes the shit out of you with his sabre you fucking cunt. Fuck you. I hope your child is born with half a heart.

I'll actually never forget the day my little bitch of a roommate thought he was hot shit because he was a Weightlifter. I told
Him I was pretty sure I would beat his ass lifting weights or whatever and he raged hard but was 100% he could beat me. So we went to the place he practices lifting with the school team and he gave me one and he got his weightset . So then I charged at him like an autist with the Weights swinging with all my might that I could muster from all my years of lifting and he literally cowered because he wasn't used to someone not being in a gay ass Squat. I'll always remember two things. How fucking retarded I must've looked and the look on his face as I smacked him with the Weight.

Oh nice user you reversed it on me. You sure showed me

I'm not mad, I just find it funny you basically went into a Sport, acting like a sperg, and somehow thing he's the moron for cowering.

Do you go into Boxing rings, kick people in the balls and then laugh at them?

I mean sure, he's a faggot, but you sound like one too.

Ban test

fuckboy did you read any of my posts?
I too am disparaging those who come to the sport because it looks like their favorite anime. Not once did I mention Japan. Speed is more important in blade combat, whether it's a katana or a longsword or modern competition. Strength plays little to no role in it. That's not weeb shit, that's just how it is. Stop projecting and learn to read.

Yeah you sure sound like a faggot. I never boasted about how much weight I lifted or that I'm some anime character but this kid would say he is a superior athlete and his reflexes were fine tuned the whole point of me and him doing that was to show him I could hit him with his poker thing because he said he wouldn't even let me touch him because he is the goku of reflexes

No fencer at a competitive level ever talks like this. Your buddy was either new to the sport or awful and deserved to be hit.

I prefer a short blade it's manlier

A proper sword is surprisingly light and very well balanced

dude, those things barbers use to shave you can cut you by just touching it. If swords are duller than that then I don't know what to think

>>>Any-fucking-where-else

>30+ year student of the katana
>"let the blade do the work"
>yes Shihan

>Veeky Forums shitposter
>"nuh uh, yew gots ta swang it liek uh axe! I posts Bull Nah!"

Yeah. Think I'll stick with a master's teachings, though I'm sure you're a close second.

>kys
Kill yourself 14yo facebook memer

>a sly smirk creeps mischievously across my face
Let's see how your "God" holds up to folded steel"

youtube.com/watch?v=un7d4NvNXqY

Muscle is stronger than metal.

>this many fedora nerds arguing about katanas on fit
wrong board

you are still on Veeky Forums, bro.

You don't chop with a katana. You slice.

>you will never be Zangief

I get what you're saying, but the katana is a beautiful weapon. It's really not the millennia-old tradition's fault a bunch of neckbeards tried to claim it as "their" culture.

You americans are fucking hilarious and this thread is jokes.

Do you guys have any friends?

>katana
>40 years of apprenticeship required to create a blade that takes no less than 11 days to forge
>loses to anything hastily thrown together by a European a few hours before battle

fucking kek

why even lift, bro ;_;

>you are now aware the SF is the only place you can pile-drive a bitch and not go to prison.

No i dont have any friends.
I dont really care about swords just thought id let you know.

>shockingly, a hunk of thick steel braced into place stands up against a blade meant for speed
Your broadsword vs my katana. Heh, nothing personal, kid.

funnily enough most katanas are thicker then average longsword

If you want speed try Turkish, Polish or Hungarian sabres.

Japanese had shit for steel, thats where all that forging came from. You need to try really hard to make something good from shit steel.

Europe had the same problem ... around X century. By XII century, Iranian and Indian methods of smelting were already imported to Europe, when Japan had its Sengoku wars, Europe was in the middle of renaissance and switching to guns.

If you compare IX-X century European swords with XIV - XV century Katanas you will find the latter superior.
Unless the Europeans cheated, imported crucible steel from Iran and created swords with that. +VLFBERHT+ smokes any Katana out of the comparison.

It allows me to wield pic related.

I've always wanted to make one of these so bad apart from the mandatory jail time if caught

It's because Japanese steel quality is shitty.

just a reminder a zweihander is actually the most effective sword to use assuming your enemy doesnt have a sheild

>fell for the meme

>/nu/fit thinking technique and speed is more important than strength and size

Please fuck off, you don't belong here

rapier is a sword for little bitch faggots that get owned by spears and zweihanders and if you dont fence sabre you are a fag

Swords are for pussies.

Look at this mean motherfucker. You can stab a motherfucker, you can impale a motherfucker, and you can simply just bash a motherfucker with it.

have fun with your no reach as anyone with a sword or god forbid a spear ventilate your chest

Says the tripfag

In the doc that's from they do the same thing with a longsword. The longsword crushes the sword in the stands, breaking it all the way through. Only leaves a minor chip in the longsword, no bending.

Longswords and katanas are about the same weight as well.

Katana meme sword from meme country.

Why do katana tsubas have that hole slotted in them?

Reach you say?

so 12 year olds can play leag

why would you compare a broadsword to a katana a more comparable sword would be a bastard sword

now thats a proper pole arm

replace the hammer with an axe tho desu

idk I feel like to get a decent chop out of a poleaxe you have to wind up so much that all else equal a hammer would deliver more damage with a concussive bash than an axe slice

hammer's better
blades have a hard time defeating armor- they tend to slide right off
blunt instruments can more easily bite into the enemy and incapacitate them more quickly

>this fag didn't even clarify if it was an mogito or shinken
As a martial artist who's done a sword art for 11 years, muscles can do a shitload against a sword. There's entire empty hand arts based around it, not to mention shindo muso ryu jodo which is basically just beating swordsmen to death with a stick.

If someone is cutting at you and you can enter before they cut, you win. So if you have that there hip drive you can beat 90% of people swinging swords.

I'll actually never forget the day my little bitch of a roommate thought he was hot shit because he was a stripper. I told
Him I was pretty sure I would beat his ass with a dildo or whatever and he raged hard but was 100% he could beat me. So we went to the place he practices stripping with the school team and he gave me one and he got his little dildo. So then I charged at him like an autist with the big black dildo swinging with all my might that I could muster from all my years of lifting and he literally cowered because he wasn't used to someone not being in a gay ass stance. I'll always remember two things. How fucking retarded I must've looked and the look on his face as I smacked him with the big black dildo.

barbell spear

>"you may be bigger"
>"but I am faster!"

can you guys redpill me on katanas? I bought one but some fucking whore said it was stupid. Fucking jewish cunt told me that nobody has a sword anymore unless they watch too many cartoons (stupid whore didn't even know it's called anime). I don't want people to think I'm autistic, especially because I'm actually really intelligent (not that women would understand). Should I sell it? Or is this just fucking jews trying to make us think they aren't cool? redpill me please

He's not totally wrong, unarmoured combat with blades is about hitting the other first without him hitting you due to the almost guaranteed lethality of a good strike. Hell, even a hit on the hand equals a kill since you can't use a weapon anymore.
The strength required varies a lot depending on what weapon you use. A onehanded saber or rapier requires a fit user to be fast enough, but a longsword is much more forgiving due to being twohanded.

>Japanese """"""steel""""""

Get some Damascus/Indian wootz you fucking retard.

I don't think they make swords with the intention of cutting other swords. They are for slicing people up.

this, i recognize a real connoisseur.
> european 18th century saber
> arabian 8th century Shamshir
> indian 6th century sword
> anything else is crap.

A normal sized katana weighs about 1.3-1.6 kilograms.

Cutting is mainly technique oriented; if you never held a sword in your life you'd either snap it in half or literally decapitate yourself regardless of how strong you are.

t. kenjutsu practicioner

Spear > Axe > Mace >>>>>>>>>> Halberd >>>>>>>>>> Sword

Steel isn't strong boy, flesh is stronger. What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?

Actually true for a battlefield.
A sword is for nobles who like prancing around like faggots. Spears are the choice of a warrior if you want to at least have a chance at survival.

None. That's why I carry a gun.

fpbp

topkek

>Implying the longsword isn't among the most versatile weapons ever made, and looks aesthetic as fuck to boot