Meal Prep Thread: Cook Once A Week Edition

Who else preparing juicy gains for the upcoming week?

Other urls found in this thread:

ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/90233788/
fda.gov/downloads/Food/FoodborneIllnessContaminants/UCM109315.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>eating meat
disgusting

I find it hard to do a whole week, I tend to just do 2-3 days.

>meal prepping
>2016
>as a hobbyist/beginner

Familam I'm gunna lay it straight. Unless you're competing, doing that shit is sure fire way to make you hate yourself.

Wait, you wanna tell me that you store some of the meat for a whole week before you eat it?

How the hell do people do this, I still prepare every meal right before I eat it wtf

That looks pretty good, what's the recipe?

what seasoning you got on that bad boy breh? wanting to get into the meal prep game but dont have much experience cooking with seasonings.

just don't cook shitty tasteless food senpai, and then you don't have to count calories or track macros all week.

Make bigger portions.

Cajun spice on 350 for 40 min baked.

Cajun. Till the death.

Mashing potatoes ATM.

Let me ask a stupid question to make sure I've got it straight in my head.
Can I literally cook a bunch of chicken and rice, stick it in wee plastic boxes and leave it in the fridge, and when I want to eat one just stick the box in the microwave for thirty seconds and it'll be warm and good to eat? Is that something that people do?

No you will get cancer from the BPA in the containers.

>eating food that's been sitting in the fridge for 6 days

Stew bitches. Meal prep from 18 millenia ago

Wait, are you that black guy from Calgary?

Use glass.

Yup.

Onto the rice base

I can't tell what that is, mashed potatoes?

Right, store with plastic, transfer to glass for microwave. Or like a plate I guess. I'm new to microwaves. Cheers lads.

Mashed potatoes. Nothing added. Steamed prior.

Done the rice base onto the chicken.

Or just get the glass tupperware and store and microwave in the same container

Chicken shredded

Did you use scissors? Your hands?

I used a fork to hold each tears in place then sliced with a knife.

Onto veggies

peanut butter, contains bullshit, ie partially hydrogenated oils!!! dont eat that shit

Just the juice that came off the chicken.

All done.

So is this 3 days of meals or what? I was looking to try meal prep

This is a weeks worth of meals. Starting Monday ending Friday.

I'll investigate but I'm imagining glass would be more expensive, and I'm a cheap fuck by necessity.

So You only eat twice a day?

>Cook Once A Week
LOL no, that's like eating survival rations all the time. Cook fresh meals for yourself, the quality is better.

Whats your job? Don't tell me you live in alberta on purpose.

Same but for a different reason. I have no discipline whatsoever when it comes to food. If I know I have food prepared in the fridge I will heat that shit up to eat for eternal gains.

where can I buy that orange sauce that's offered at chipotle

> not prepping brown rice

Wait you bulk on this crap? I only eat this shit to cut

Check these out:
ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/90233788/

I eat three times a day
Breakfast: Two packets of instant extra protein oats with herbal tea
Pre-workout: Rice base + Rivalus Clean Gainer
Post-Workout: Potatoe base + Rivalus Clean Gainer

Lots of water in-between means.

Running a nice surplus on survivors rations.

Doesn't provide as rapid insulin spike pre-workout as white.

Making tater tot protein casserole atm with my gf.

Sick as fuck and couldn't lift today...

I've got this little motherfucker for tomorrow.

>tried meal prepping when i was working in an office

goat

>try meal prepping now that i'm a neetstudent who stays home 15 hours a day

not worth

this thread makes me want to get my shit together.

>eating freezer burned, nutritionally destroyed, rotting food
>"i-i--i dont have time to cook 30 minutes a day!!!" shitposting time on Veeky Forums cannot be compromised!

>eating rice as a natty bodybuilder

I'm not but it's still pretty gross prepping for the whole week man. As others said you are basically eating food that has been sitting in the fridge for six days by day seven. Even with brining the fuck out of it, chicken doesn't stay fresh cooked that long. Even if you slay the chicken yourself on meal prep day. Beef will last a bit longer cooked. But you are pretty jacked and it's working for you so godspeed. Just hope you don't get sick, literally, from eating old chicken weekly. I tend to limit it to four or five days tops.

Personal preference. Science says I'm okay, practical application says I'm okay. Friday afternoon isn't that long.

I've been eating week-old meals every day for over two years and I haven't gotten sick yet. Most websites that give "expiration dates" for cooked foods are on the super conservative side (like 3-4 days) but all my food is fine at day 7.

lotus what's your macro set up?

THIS.
Unless im on a cut. I just cook up a big bowl of rice and reheat that in the microwave while I cook chicken breast on the stove.

I actually tried meal prepping every 2 weeks for lunch and dinner for 3 months. I lost like 20 lbs but I started developing and eating disorder and thought about food way too much.

This. Order varies, shakes are in one meal to condense the image.

>200g steamed white rice
>400 calories
ugh

thanks, cheers

i find it interesting that you consume 1.5k cal from gainer + milk, is it a convenience thing? i'm debating to replace another one of my meals with a shake too

>itt: people who are going to make it spending $50/week on food vs retards who spend $300+ on just themselves and complain min wage isn't high enough

Weird...

100% convenience. Rivalus Clean Gainer has been a positive experience for me so far, almost done a 10lb bag (Chocolate Fudge), gonna start on Vanilla once it finished. No digestion issues at all/

Off to train chest/tris/abs!

what is this program exactly for?

this
if you don't cook every night you're never gonna make it

And I agree that you seem to be doing well. Expiration dates are on the super conservative side but the risk of something being bad increases past that point. Think of an expiration date as a 'freshness guarantee'. I use to be a manager at a large grocery store and can definitely say eggs last for months longer than what is stated as well as most other foods. I have eaten these eggs without any issue. But they wouldn't be as fresh. Try making poached eggs, for example, with fresh eggs vs a week or two old eggs. You can definitely see the difference and firmness of the fresher eggs as well as the taste. It is personal preference in the end I suppose as with all things in life. I'm sure most would agree freshly baked chicken is better than week old chicken though. Science does prove the chance and rate of bacteria increases over time.

fda.gov/downloads/Food/FoodborneIllnessContaminants/UCM109315.pdf

Just prepared these juicy gains. Hard work.