Let's settle this once and for all

Let's settle this once and for all.
Which is superior for developing a nice chest:
Flat Bench, Incline Bench or Decline Bench?
strawpoll.me/11698796

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ESDdOxfAyOQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

dips

I just do flat bench, incline feels ackward so instead i do dumbbell flys

I do flat barbell bench, incline dumbbell bench, and weighted dips. Will my chest be nice with those or do I have to add decline bench or flyes or something else too?

Dumbbell incline bitch nigguh

All three.

right answer

this

that's what I do and it has worked nicely so far

t. DYEL

Add flies. The point of flies is to stretch the pectoral muscles to allow and promote more blood flow during healing. Helps a lot man.

>Flies get a better stretch than benching

It's literally the same stretch. When will this meme die?

All of them have their place, dumb dumbs.

Standing lean back press to overhead press.

recently dropped barbell flat bench for dumbbell, really like what im seeing

reverse grip flat bench, db flat bench, wt dips, low to high flies

all u need for tits desu

Most underrated chest builder for you user, chinups. They activate your pecs and every time I've added them back into my routine my upper chest gets way bigger. Plus the lat + bicep work... just a great compound exercise.

nigger wut? do you physics?

>chest
>chinups
yeah and I do good mornings to pump up my calves, senpai

I do a PPLxPPLx or PPLPPLx split. One one of my push days I do incline barbell bench as my "main" compound and do DB flat bench, and on the other day I do flat barbell bench as my main compound and do DB incline.

I also switch between incline and flat DB flyes and cable crossover, and do weighted dips (sometimes I put the dips earlier in the workout and go heavy, other times I do them just before I leave and do light weighted or bodyweight 3xFailure).

youtube.com/watch?v=ESDdOxfAyOQ
/thread

Don't do dips guys. I wrecked my chest with costochondritis. It hurts like shit.

>chinups
>pecs

Same. Pain like no other.

Sounds extremely painful, user. I stopped doing dips because I whenever I did them I felt a sharp pain in my sternum, even with just my bodyweight. Stories like yours convinced me it wasn't worth the risk.

Flat + incline. Decline is a waste. Also, if you're not using DBs, you're cheating yourself if you're trying to gain muscle

Flat barbell bench, incline db bench. Skip decline entirely or do dips instead, unless you're one of the people that get shoulder or sternum AIDS from them.

Flat bench for lower chest, incline for upper chest, decline for breaking your fucking neck.
I've found that I actually get a better pump from dumbbell bench than any of the aforementioned though.

hurts sometimes for me as well when I up the weight too much. I found the solution is to take it really slow with adding weight and mess around with form doing them unweighted until you have technique that doesn't cause pain.

I got up to +2pl8 5x5 before they started fucking me up so I took a long break (a few months) and am working back up with no pain so far.

>Veeky Forums
>settling anything ever

Hold the fucking phone!? How much is that bitch benching Veeky Forums? I can't exactly tell, but is she benching 115lbs???

Someone help me out with this??

That looks like 95lbs.

no more than 40 kg

>the same stretch

Have you ever even done flies?

flat bench is worthless. dumbbell press is superior in each way
incline bench is useful when you lack upper definition
decline bench is best for overall mass

This. I'm too lazy right now to type it all out, but there are numerous benefits to doing DB bench over BB bench if going for muscle mass. Just google it.

It is only when I started exclusively doing the DB versions of incline and flat that I started noticing serious mass gains in my chest.

>flat bench is worthless
If I wanted to laugh I'd ask what's your 1RM

if i wanted to laugh i'd just look at your body

Hahaha fucking rekt

Why should I add flies? Thats not the type of protein I want to eat while working out

#rekt

/thread

zyzz didn't even look good

I'm pretty sure bench press and chest flyes stretch your chest the same, flyes just stretch yours arms out more but it doesn't work your chest any more than regular press. Right?

Fuck dips. I've stopped doing dips for 3 weeks now and my rotator cuffs feel 100% better. Used to be tight as hell, some pain, low mobility

>dips

Same. Dips also gave me halitosis. :(

T-Tips...?

Is this a meme thread or a bait thread or are people on Veeky Forums actually retarded?

Like 30 kgs.

it gave me samsclubchondritis

If you're going to do just one then flat is best.

There's nothing to vote on. There's no debate.

Dips + Incline

lmao dude

>Tfw same

My fucking sternum always feels like it's fucked and pops all the goddamn time.

>tfw I make it bad all the time doing simple shit

Digits

Flat bench is an ego lift for pseudo powerlifters

Dumbell incline is far superior

25 kg at most

to stop the pain do them on WAY closer bars and bars who are closer together in front of you, thats how i got rid of the pain

>he doesn't like dumbbell flies

That's not what Rippetoe says.

Kek, what the hell bro

Damn. /costochondritis/ dude here. Didn't know so many people shared the same injury. The scariest part is, if any of us gets a heart disease, we won't really know if it's the sternum or the heart already.

And Rippletits is also a dude who in his prime was roided to the gills and now that he's off the juice is a walking tub of fucking lard because he has no idea what the fuck he's talking about.

Cable/dumbbell flies

It's literally not

>dips fedora

It literally is.

>get arm in fly-position
>turn hand 90 degrees
>you are now in wide-grip bench position

>lower chest
>upper chest

enjoy your wheelchair

There is such a thing.

Im a begginer and I was put In a routine of incline, decline and flat bench + the same thing but with dumbells instead 4×12, now I have.to cut but I was told to do 4 series of 20 reps and Is tiring me out, I feel rused, what to do?

You bench with your elbows almost locked out the entire time?

>tfw incline bench makes my left shoulder jurt, sharp pain and shit

Help

Are you literally retarded? What does ellbow positioning have to do with chest stretch?

I'm trying to imagine this and some kind of weird chest to hip humping motion is all I can think of

been doing dips, but not seeing much progress if any at all.

Are you literally retared..?

GSLP

You have more immagination than I have, without your reply i'd be still here thinking..

From what I can tell from your post, you have a very minimalist knowledge of the human anatomy. Please visit wikipedia and educate yourself. Ignorance is a choice my friend

Ok guys, let's be honest here. Bench press is a meme lift, right?

It's my weakest lift. Sure all my lifts are still weak but I'm 1 year in and bench press is pretty much untrained levels) and just hasn't been working out for me. I've had issues with shoulder pain for like 3 out of 12 months and currently I've been stuck at 3x5 65kg for 2 months.

I arch properly, medium grip width (as wide as I can while keeping elbows under hands in the bottom position, keep pooper on the bench, don't let elbows flare out, all that good jazz. I have very good shoulder mobility; I can execute OHP and front squats (C&J grip) perfectly. However, at the bottom of bench press at like 2" from chest it feels almost like I have to drop the bar to my chest to hit it. I have an ectobetamorph chest structure and long ass fucking arms. Even with an arch and slightly wider grip my elbows still go below my body when looking from the side.

Is there a workaround or can I just drop this retarded shit? Can I make it with just say incline press and "decline" cable fly? I don't give a shit about powerlifting and incline with dumbbells is perfectly fine for my shoulders.

You are literally saying elbow flexion/extension makes a difference on the stretch you get in the pecs and you're accusing me of minimalistic knowledge of the human anatomy? Lmao. In your world, is the pec somehow responsible for elbow flexion/extension instead of bi- and triceps? Or does the pec somehow arise at your hand that it gets stretched with elbow extension? If not, how do you come to this mind-boggling conclusion?

Are you retarded?

Retract your scapula. Make sure your shoulders don't move

Increase your reps at the same weight to see if you can. If you can, you've gotten stronger. You could move up in weight if you want.

If you have shoulder pain, incline bench is worse for it than flat.

>control f
>3 "cable"

CABLES GODDAMIT

Incline bench if you want that tighter, squared look desu

it's also more practical for pushing activities

I only do flat bench to keep my vanity lift strong

>Retract your scapula. Make sure your shoulders don't move

I retract but shoulders move a little when I go for that last 2".

>Increase your reps at the same weight to see if you can. If you can, you've gotten stronger. You could move up in weight if you want.

I'm currently going to failure once every week on the last set and the reps have been all over the place for the last 5 weeks: 432, 554, 433, 544, 433. Goal being 555. So 2nd week I almost made it except for one rep but then my strength crashed for reasons I can't explain. Body weight is going up. Extremely demotivating.

>If you have shoulder pain, incline bench is worse for it than flat.

Not in my experience. When it gets bad I skip flat bench but keep doing incline while it heals.

you shouldn't be lifting with pain at all. You need to stretch and let it settle down. Only do legs/forearms

This argument is retarded as fuck.
This is like arguing which letter of the alphabet is best for writing. You need all of them you mongoloid.