I would like to start getting involved in BTC. Is it too late? Where do I start?

I would like to start getting involved in BTC. Is it too late? Where do I start?

Who does Veeky Forums recommend in terms of reading, professors in Economics and the like to follow etc.

Thanks Biz.

Other urls found in this thread:

bitsonblocks.net/2016/02/29/a-gentle-introduction-to-immutability-of-blockchains/
thecontrol.co/some-blockchain-reading-1d98ec6b2f39
blockchain.info/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Buy a bitcoin package. You'll love your money tree!

buy metaverse and NAV coin. then put back into bticoin after one of them triples

Start out with bitcoin, see if you can handle the pressure without fucking up and selling low.

People here are gonna shill you their own little altcoins. Don't invest more than 1% of your crypto stack in anything that's below top 50 unless you're 100% sure about the tech from your oWN research.

You're probably not smart enough to do your own research for at least 6 months or so.

The next safest is ETH and then LTC. These are the ones that normies will buy.

Be careful. Don't invest more than you can lose. If you're not good at trading, just hold long term, it's likely to go up unless you fucked up and invested in a shitcoin.

BTC and ETH aren't shitcoins, that might change in a few years (esp for BTC) but it'll take a while.

Daytrading makes people poor.

It's not too late. Make a coinbase/gdax account (gdax for no fees) and start putting disposable income in it on a regular basis. Look up dollar cost averaging.

GL friendo

Thanks Anons. How do I verify these claims?

Google pyramid schemes, that's what bitconnect is.

Don't buy in yet. I'm dumping 10k BTC after the fork happens

More than appreciated information user. I want to better understand the language you're using, what do you recommend in-way of a reading list?

Listen to goodboy

start here

bitsonblocks.net/2016/02/29/a-gentle-introduction-to-immutability-of-blockchains/

Google "how the bitcoin protocol actually works".

Always be in control of your private keys if not actively trading. I recommend bitkey.

I'm familiar with those ponsy schemes. Please can you provide me with some sources that you use to learn? Also can I pay on the favour down-the-line, whats your wallet address?

Well it depends, are you interested in the technical side at all? Or just learning about the financial side?

thecontrol.co/some-blockchain-reading-1d98ec6b2f39

That link is some onboarding (not too hard to understand) for bitcoin and crypto but it's got a LOT of content.

There are "whitepapers" for each cryptocurrency and an original whitepaper for bitcoin you could try reading, but it's sort of more technical so again you might be in over your head unless you want to try really hard and put in your due diligence.

Honestly I learned a lot by reading basics on reddit from r/bitcoin and r/btc. Also r/cryptocurrency for other things. There's also subreddits for just market stuff, look in the sidebars.

People on reddit are a lot nicer than Veeky Forums ppl usually, and they're less anonymous so less likely to try and fuck you, but also it's censored WAYYYYY more than Veeky Forums so you can't 100% trust it, like r/bitcoin HATES bitcoin cash because the guy modding it does, it's weird.

Then there's bitcointalk.org which is pretty good, but it's modded by the same guy from r/bitcoin so be careful when you're reading about forks and stuff.

Take security advice from reddit. Be very careful with your private key and be careful not to download dumb shit that'll keylog you now that you're going to be investing in bitcoin!!

Keep asking questions, esp on multiple forums.

I'm Software Engineer undergrad. I want to understand everything about it, from the bottom, to a simple 'transaction' on the blockchain to the point wherein I can pay my mortgage with it by the time I finish Uni.

I will continue to write down links, check out advice and such. Are you a regular on biz?

Thank-you user.

Sure, I just generated a new one for privacy reasons:

1JcwDSin8J38iW2358MHyycXJnUxiJvp1u

You don't have to give me any btc, I like helping people, but there you go anyway. Actually this is a good time to show you a new link:

blockchain.info/

That's a bitcoin blockchain "explorer" there are a lot of them. Basically you can check out anyone's balance and a history of everything they ever made. You can try looking mine up, but it's not very interesting since I just made it, it should say 0 btc.

You can see the richest addresses or the first bitcoin transactions or just check to see how your own transactions are doing since sometimes they'll take a while to go through and get put into a block, it's a pretty cool way to visualize the blockchain.

I am indeed a regular on biz! It's an interesting place to be, but definitely not the only place to be. There's a lotttttt of paid advertising here, so don't listen to what the crowd is yelling at you, always do your own research. Don't let the hype control you.

I'm everything anti-hype. Thank you for all of your guidance. What reading materials do you recommend? Should I look to have a firm understanding of economics as well?

It's too late, you will only ever be able to 100x your money over the next 5 years, so don't bother.

Got it user, it's too late.

It's a good time to get involved but don't rush into buying just yet. Wait until a few days after the hard fork (happens Oct 25th) and buy after the mini crash that may or may not occur. We're already experiencing a lot of volatility at the moment as a result of the upcoming hard fork. Or just watch the prices now and if it falls to $5100-$5200 then buy in there.