/owg/ - Olympic Weightlifting general

A thread for the discussion of weightlifting and all things related. Keep the insults and shitposting to a minimum.

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
pastebin.com/1HgVcGam
pastebin.com/wCXeXfkk
chinfl.blogspotco.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq
iwf.net/doc/technical.pdf
yashathoughts.com/

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

Included in this youtube playlist are videos related to weightlifting which you may find useful or insightful:
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BNCr_W9jjhW/?taken-by=jonsteinhaur
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the best weightlifting clip ever

>caring about cheating roid faggots

i need casuals to get out of my owg

He remind me of Messi. Just a nonathletic looking, chill dude who's the best at what he does. He also models that Baby blue nicely.

>tfw no father to teach you perfek technik
>tfw no father to train you when you were young
>tfw no father at all ;((

usa has a lot of qt and there's gonna be a lot more to come

these shoes look pretty gross desu

Messi looks like a hipster nowadays tho

klokov's getting kind of fat

I broke my wrist 3.5 weeks ago, but I'm now able to front squat again with almost no pain unless I'm near maxing out and struggling to keep my elbows up and in. Surprisingly my front squat only went down by 10 freedom units. I hopefully might be able to somewhat clean comfortably in a week, but I don't know whether I'll be able to snatch or jerk yet at all either. Any advice?

When I do pulls I curl my wrists a bit (which hurts, but I watched a Torokhtiy video that didn't explicitly say curling the wrist was a bad thing). How do I stop curling my wrist?

3.5 weeks doesn't seem like long. I'd listen to a doctor rather than anyone here

This is my first serious injury so I'm not too sure on how to go about this.

I only read these threads for the webms

Tbh

Ok, which one of you guys is that jckxlbsksbslsshjsks guy on Instagram posting stupid shit on every damn weightlifters post

WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY ABOUT KLOKOV?

elbows should be up and out not in

roll out your forearms near the elbows

if there's no pain wrist extensions are good

i did snatch and jerks around 2 weeks after i fucked my elbows from a clean, go by pain if it's too much then stop, also use wrist wraps if it's still in pain

around 2 months when i could do the lifts without wraps but i did all throughout the recovery cause im not a pussy bitch gotta go to doctor because they know everything kind of guy

that perfect technique didn't help Norik pass his drug test tho

What are core muscles and proper abdominal pressure

He's bracing his core. I don't know about you, but when I brace my core, my stomach expands quite a bit. Also
>roid gut

He's getting kinda tubby.

Bearmode Dima when?

>Bearmode Dima when?

are you implying dima isnt already bearmode

Berestov and Lapikov are bearmode. Klokov is just jacked.

jon north's coaching buzzwords that actually doesnt make any sense except for his own drugged out mind lmao

Notice how low ILya peaks the bar as he violently pulls under the bar? This is from the oscolation of the bar in the high thigh power position hugging & then retracting - making the bar 100% weightless for a split second. A lower peaked bar will give you much more torque & rotation under. It's about speed under, not how high you can pull the bar. Catching to high? Power more than full? Peak bar lower & this will help fix that problem. TAG a friend who needs to get better at this.

He's done 200 paused before.

Is this supposed to be impressive?

not after jerking 240 off the racks

so yes it's impressive you fucking retarded

S A V A G E

bamp

not bad for powerlift

mattie clean and jerks 8kg less than lydia after training for what 3-4 years?

she a beast

That's the cutest stronk girl I've ever seen.

Mattie's one if the best weightlifters the US had produced in YEARS. People give her shit for social media presence, but that's really beside the point regarding her skill.

>It's about speed under, not how high you can pull the bar.

Ilya is still pulling the bar as high as he can. It's just that it weighs over 500lbs, so the amount of height he can get on the bar is limited.

She's as good as King or Arthur, maybe a little worse, and she's clearly worse than Robles, and you don't see any of those lifters getting anywhere near as much attention. Why? because they're not hot girls who parade their looks on social media (and Robles is because she's a ham planet, but I digress). Rogers is mostly famous for her pretty face and big ass, not her lifts.

jenny has been lifting more years than mattie and totals only slightly higher despite being above her weight class

morghan is good

robles is fatass who cares

or maybe mattie just knows how to use social media

>Rogers is mostly famous for her pretty face and big ass

so? she's still a very good lifter

wl makes amazing ass

>robles is fatass who cares
robles is the only one to do anything worthy of praise out of that entire group you listed

congratulations you won a medal in a fatass weightclass where she would have placed 4th or less if other countries actually showed up

she only totals 40kg more than the other women listed whilst weighing twice as much as them

yay congrats

and i didnt make the list it was the guy hating on mattie because she gets attention lmao

and she tested postive for steroids wow she's fat and a cheat wow congratulations on medal big girl

Hey Veeky Forums

I don't really trust the meme that is the catalog/front page so I thought I'd ask this here.

Weigh 250lbs, 6'2, lotta muscle but good amount of fat, long story short looking to cut weight with some muscle mass. A couple months ago I injured my left arm, mainly bicep area, and any pull kinda lifts with that arm was a fucking NO. 2 Months later still have slight issues, likely tore something, but the injury is nearly healed.

Here's the question, with the injury my left arm's overall mass went down, noticeable in bicep area, how do I even out my arms when I just started being able to use the left arm for pulls/bis, while also losing fat/weight?

What do?

jerkoff with left arm everyday

supplement with cum eating each time

100% guaranteed results in just a week
doctors hate him

so did ilya lol
only retards care about gear usage

>people bitching about lifters using gear

lel, newfags

>that webm
not unusual, most insects can lift several times their bodyweight

>being so hardcore you get plates with your name on them

lovchev did them first

>look at me guys i saved a picture on autism board and i can do a greentext lol heheh

i love how effortless the squat is

>look at me I'm autistically making fun of an autist on an autism board

you sure showed me

took me a minute

i love how he lost to a khazak with a neckbeard lmao

>implying rahimov won't get bustaroo'd

Also am I the only one who's completely sick of hookgrip and ATG's ridiculous slow mo for every single lift? I just wanna watch the snatch again in normal time without waiting 10 minutes for the 1/28th time to hurry up

I know what u saying senpai but when u spend 10000000 on slow Mo camera u gotsta use it I gess

I'm in love! Does she have an instagram?

calm down reddit

interesitng how she seems to set her feet with her weight on her heels

Is it really that interesting?

>Hehe b-but weight over mid foot :^)))

That's why her technique is perfect right weight heels all time for good American technique

Didn't you hear about how WADA fucked up like half the tests at Rio? I bet he won't get popped.

who dis

jessie bradley
cortney bachelor

Of course she does, that is the whole point of that """"sport"""".

>everyone should have autism like me!

Is it retarded to buy competition bumpers if you dont compete and not lifting maximal weights yet, almost as a future proof thing or not?

Honestly just focus really hard on using it the same as your right arm in everything you do after its healed. It will go back to its original size faster than your right will be able to grow so it will even itself out in the long run.

>believes any top-dog is natty
So, tell me, you started writing letter to Santa Claus already?

Yes the difference in comp line bumpers are weight calibration and color coding

Get the best training bumpers you can and they will last as long as the training ones while still costing less

It's supposed to say as long as the comp ones

You smart you figure it out

following no name instagram lifters just to look at their asses is pretty autistic desu

He can't sense sarcasm in written text

I found the retarded

Yeah she doesn't hold American records and I dont know them personally yeah autism

>he doesn't follow random sluts on instagram for test boost

funny faggot i dont see you posting videos off of roble's instagram

Can I still snatch with low ceilings? What can I still do with low ceilings to make up for not being able to fully stand in a snatch or do jerks?

Training bumpers are just the cheaper black ones? I see "training competition" bumpers which are comps right?

'Training bumpers' are usually just black
The 'competition' training discs are colour coded but not iwf approved
Comp bumpers should be if approved

Often companies Comp training sets are just as good and made the same way, they're cheaper because they don't pay iwf cert

Often true about training and comp bars too although knurling on comp bar is usually more sharp

Go to a fucking gym you fuck autistic

You can snatch without standing all the way up but you can't really work around the timing of actual jerk

winter is here bois are you redy for lifting in the comfiest season

U r fat with muffin top

just insulation for the winter m8

Who tf is this kid and why are you harassing good lifters on Instagram

I know you're from Veeky Forums motherfucker I seen u arguing with blueshoes

why do you care so much

The internet is serious business

I can't with a platform for atleast 2 years due to location but I have a platform at home but low ceilings. Autistic fuck.

What the duck did you just say to me bitch

>tfw Lydia will never beat you up

So I finished up a Ma strength seminar, it was pretty good. Probably not worth the money unless you don't have a coach or you have a shitty one. I'm glad it was comp'd by my work so I didn't have to pay anything. Coach Ma is actually very nice and he's super jacked for his age. If you give a read over ATG's article about that dude lifting in China, you got the gist of it.

Basically it summarizes into the 5 chinese words: close, timing, fast, low, and stable. In my opinion, the most important of the 5 are timing and close. Basically keep your chest and head up and tight throughout the movement, and keep the weight of the bar is over the ball of your feet as you keep it close to your body. Make sure your extension and catch time rhythmically to about 180-190 bpm on a metronome. The ATG article talks about this rhythm with videos of lifters keeping rhythm for pulls.

Fast is literally doing the entire movement quickly, not just the extension to pull under, low is catching as low as you can, which means work on flexibility in the hole, and stable is apparently the result when all of the rest are done properly.

There, saved you some money and now you can start your chinese meme style weightlifting!

Yeah and robles is a fat bitch who has already gotten popped once for test

She already got popped for pinning test as well

hes a friend of blueshoes
doesnt actually lift because he has IT band issues but doesnt actually do anything to fix the issues

instagram.com/p/BNCr_W9jjhW/?taken-by=jonsteinhaur
new snatch pr, 84kg
also had a close attempt at 86

Sup. This is he. Commisar sent me this. What u want lad? Also Jacob is a weird fuck. I tolerate his presence nothing much more. I haven't been on these thread since like 2015