I'm skinnyfat but want to cut quickly before bulking for a long time

I'm skinnyfat but want to cut quickly before bulking for a long time.
Should I still do SS for this cut or just like a split, or bodyweight even?

Other urls found in this thread:

muscleandstrength.com/tools/ideal-measurements
forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4678853&stc=1&d=1342686645
youtube.com/watch?v=PcRyjkYdDxM
youtube.com/watch?v=5RLUxrE8ApQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think you should READ THE FUCKING STICKY

Just be yourself

It says eat well to gain muscle and get strength doing SS.
Does it say you can effectively do SS on a cut?

>Every time someone comes on here with a question, there's always some jackass that parrots this meme shit "READ THE STICKY" instead of actually providing any useful information to person asking the question. They probably already DID read the fucking sticky because it's at the top of the fucking page, but there's so little useful information there that they ask for help, and the only reason these "read the sticky" dumbfucks take a break from chiseling curdled milk crust from their chin folds is to parrot that garbage as opposed to providing said help is because they think it makes them sound like some kind of Veeky Forums veteran, when the reality is that they themselves only know what the sticky says and thus they don't know jack shit about fitness and are ultimately incapable of providing any real answers.

Anyways, OP, you might want to cut just so you can go into it with a little more confidence, but the more practical thing to do would be to start bulking. You've got some fat anyways. Put on some weight, get some functional strength and gain a bit of muscle. Then cut and when you've hit

I was in the same boat as you and did some research. Just do ss and cut
1. Since you're a noob you will make muscle which will increase metabolism (due to lifting exercises and increased muscle mass) which will make it easier to lose fat
2. Do SS because it has heavy compound lifts and guess which routines are best while cutting? The same routines which help you get the most gains I.e. strength training routines. Since you are cutting you wanna avoid muscle loss. SS is a great muscle builder hence also a great muscle preserver(you need not worry because you're a noob so you'll make muscle gains even on a cut for now)
3. SS has heavy compound lifts. These burn a lot of calories. So just do ss and also do power cleans because they're also great calorie burners (you shouldn't do the exercises with calorie burning in mind but with muscle gain in mind. The calories burned are just a plus)

>implying that dumb faggots asking dumb questions bothered to read the based sticky
>implying the based Sticky is a meme
>implying you're not the dumb faggot OP samefagging his own thread because he's a dumb faggot
>implying you shouldn't READ THE FUCKING STICKY repeatedly, your answers are all in there
How's that two-digit IQ working for you?

Legitimately kill yourself. Commit suicide. Next you'll be telling OP to down industrial size tubs of whole milk for MAX GAINZ. Nobody loves you and you deserve to die.
The diet section doesn't cover how to calculate your nutrition. It spends 4-5 paragraphs saying "don't drink soda and eat ice cream" as if anyone thought that was healthy food in the first place. The exercise section doesn't cover different types of training, it's all template built meme strength routines. The sticky was written by DYELs who just graduated from babby's first lifting class. Really, you're worthless as a person and you shouldn't be alive.

Shut the fuck up, you probably have tits larger than Pamela Anderson. Here, OP:

IIFYM.com, use the TDEE calculator to calculate the amount of calories and macronutrients your body will need. There are other various macro calculators online if you want a second opinion. Want to gain weight? Take the number of calories you're given in the results and add 500. Want to lose weight? Do the same but this time subtract 500.
What foods to eat? For bulking, brown rice, black beans, sweet potatoes, raisins, bananas and pasta are your best friends. These are all healthy carb dense foods. Eat your bananas or raisins post-workout. For anything else, oats, peanut butter, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, spinach, peas, edamame, granola, string cheese and whole grain bread are all foods that will provide some kind of benefit, often in the way of protein. Now that you know your macros and have a decent size list of clean foods, you can build your own meal plan accordingly.
Let's go over training. Training for strength? Low volume, heavy weight, low reps. 5x5, PPL etc. Training for aesthetics? High volume, medium weight. Rep range 8-12. Look into pyramid sets, drop sets and splits. Training for endurance? High volume, low weight. Rep range 12+, just keep pushing your body to sustain itself. Want to increase cardiovascular endurance? High intensity interval training. Want to burn fat? Sustained cardio; you don't need a gym for this, just go for a fucking run. I also advise doing yoga no matter what you're training for. I personally like DDP Yoga.

(cont)
If you're interested in bodybuilding or just getting that Zyzzthetic look, there's plenty of ways to figure out what your ideal measurements are. Google the golden ratio and use it to calculate your ideal measurements.
Calculate your ideals with this formula based off legendary bodybuilder Steve Reeves... muscleandstrength.com/tools/ideal-measurements
...or this one based off legendary bodybuilder Joe Weider:
forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4678853&stc=1&d=1342686645
For exercises and more advice on your workouts, there's some of great fitness youtubers out there. I'll name a few. Scott Hermann, Jeff Cavaliere, Elliot Hulse and Omar Isuf. These four guys can provide so much great information to you, watch their shit and use their advice to come up with ideas for your own workouts. Build your own fucking plan. Seriously. Your body is your own. Experiment for a while, find out what your body responds to because it's always going to respond differently to various things than someone else's body would. For example, my triceps respond more to doing tricep extensions with cables than with dumbbells. Like I said, your body is your own. Learn it and you'll be able to master it more than if you followed some pre-built template meme shit.

Great advice, please listen to this user OP.

Only things with power cleans is it depends on your gym. Management stopped me from doing them, said it was disruptive.

So I substituted them with barbell rows and seated dips.

Adding to this bit, get some beginner strength so you can lift heavier and hit your muscles harder. Do a full body 5x5 3 days a week. Bench, squat, ohp, deadlift and rows. Maybe tack on some curls at the end of your workout if you want to hit your arms harder. Do this until you feel ready to take the next step to more advanced training.

this

I'm no expert, but I'd say it's fair to guess you're roughly in the 20-25% range. If you're really concerned with appearance right now, you can get away with having a bigger waist if you offset it with wide shoulders and lats. I would also recommend focusing calves to do away with that narrow look. I've found calf raises and reverse leg curls to be the most effective gym exercises but ultimately running helped me develop my calves more than anything. I got decent size calves as a skelly before I even started caring about lifting or nutrition just from running.

>think I have gyno

\fraud/ here

I have it. Feel under your nipple. Do you feel cartrilege?

That's how you check for gyno not by asking random anons

Anyways I know I know I Fucked up yes I was getting blood work yes I was taking anti estro

Uh, body fat. 20%.

I would say,jump on starting strength, make sure you do cardio as well. Eat -500.

Get to 12% body fat, bulk to 15%, then repeat.

Listen to this guy He is giving good advice. I don't really like some of the nutrition he posted but yeah.

Peanut butter is very calorie dense and will make cutting a bitch for you.

Your diet should consist of lean protein like chicken breast.

Oats are the best source of carbs.

Remember to eat some vegetables too so your bowled movements aren't too rough (dry, hard).

Make sure not to totally cut fat out of your diet

What bodyfat percentage are you? If you're above 15%, cut to be between 12 and 15.

General rule of thumb is to stay between 12 and 15 percent until you know a bit more about fitness and your goals. Plus, getting into that range is a milestone in itself for some people.

Good luck OP

Not OP, But what's my BF%? I'm sitting at 160 lbs after dropping from 240 in 6 months,

I'm 5"10 btw

youtube.com/watch?v=PcRyjkYdDxM

it looks like you are sucking your stomach in

Would be difficult to tell because of the loose skin. Better get a tool or check with a professional if you want to be 100% sure.

youtube.com/watch?v=5RLUxrE8ApQ

Do weighted planks, now

My ribs are kinda sticking out, they look much worse when i suck my stomach in...

Yeah i guess you're right,Btw will loose skin go away with time since i'm fairly young (18) or is it only removable by surgery?

I'm thinking of doing those once i get a stronger core, I can barely do 1 min body weight planks atm.. What are some other good core exercises btw?