Would this actually work in real life?

Would this actually work in real life?
Moving around daily with weights on your legs and maybe arms and be super fast the second you remove them?
Overall I imagine this to be a good sort of workout, I go on 1 hour walks daily and thought of a way to make them more difficult and I thought of doing something like this or a backpack with weights, would that be useful?

Enjoy your arthritis

whatsaid

However alot of athletes do use medicine balls in movements ex. jumping if you train this consistently you will actually jump higher

>not having arthritis in your 20s

Anime has destroyed more autistic knees and ankles than anything on the planet.

lmao I wish I was joking but I wore ankle weights for 2 weeks straight because of dragonball z thinking it would increase my vert in basketball maybe.

I felt light as shit when I took them off for 5 minutes and then it was back to the same (no vert increase)

My right knee is fucked now @ late 20s.

Don't use anime for work out advice, man!!

> I want to make walking harder
> should I strap weights to my legs and parade around like an oblivious retard?

Have you tried running? It's like walking but harder.

Bro. I'm picturing you in my imagination and I'm not betting that you need more weight. I'm thinking you've got enough already. I think weighted vests are kind of stupid, but I guess if you're a really advanced runner you could get some use out of them. If you're just walking around there's no point. You're not doing any kind of challenging cardio by walking. So the vest won't challenge you at all. The weight isn't going to do shit either. You want stronger legs? Do 50 body weight squats right now. I bet you won't be able to walk tomorrow.

Just... just don't. Don't wear weights. Life isn't anime.

I'd like to point out I did this while I was like 14

I hope OP is mad young.

so you faggots are saying every student wearing a backpack is fucked

r-r-r-right

Fuck off, stupid frog poster.

There's a huge difference between weights on your back and weights on your ankles/wrists it stresses your joints something awful.

so if I want bigger calves it's okay to wear a backpack full of books?

Holy shit you're an autist. Do you see them running sprints and doing jumping jacks and shit while they wear them?

No, strolling about at your leisure while wearing weighted clothing will (probably) not injure you. But doing actual exercise (probably) will. Running is one of the most high impact forms of exercise there is. If you're overweight you shouldn't even do it. Much less add weight.

Walking isn't exercise. Adding weights while doing it still isn't exercise, unless you're doing farmers walks or lunges or something.

You want to pretend to be a cartoon character be my guest. Have fun. Best case scenario is you won't hurt yourself.

>walking isn't exercise
>walking with weights still isnt exercise

Wear a weight vest and go walk a few miles like military do all the time and tell me your calves won't grow

>strength training legs
>not doing squats
>walking around for miles every day

Yeah... I'm the idiot.

>he doesn't make gains wearing a vest all day while he's getting groceries, walking to car, walking in the house

>increasing my resistance day after day to keep making gains.
>Walking around wearing 300lbs of gear.
>Falling through my bedroom floor and dying.

Shoo shoo Robbie. Not today.

This. I use arm weights when I'm just sat at the PC, never had any joint issues. I wear a 20kg vest if I know I'm just gonna be at home and take it steady when I use the stairs. Its great for endurance and it feels fucking amazing when you take them off, but I'd never recommend using them for anything more taxing than walking with vest/legs and using a computer or watching TV for arms. You have to try hard to fuck yourself over with a vest but you have to be really fucking careful with arm joints. With vest just think along the lines of "How much fat/muscle weight could I get without causing joint problems" and don't go over that, pretty simple.

i have done this and i can confirm your calves wont grow... did mandatory service for 3 years and i was at 61 kg inbetween skeleton and ottermode

its definitely excercise though but more like heavy cardio

at 61 kg when i finished i mean

Not a troll but Ive been having problems with posture because of carrying my backpack since high school. Is there any corrective exercise or stretching you guys canrecommend?

No. You'll fuck your joints up, and besides it's not as effective as just training explosive movements (i.e. sprinting, boxing, etc.).

Strolling around leisurely with a backpack to walk the fraction of a mile from a bus to a destination is a far cry from what we're talking about here. Even people who hike buy expensive highly engineered backpacks to reduce the degree to which the weight fucks with you. There is literally an industry built around preventing an effect you're implying doesn't occur.

Unironically, deadlifts.

seconded

And adding: deadlifts are good to solve back injuries too. If you can't start light from the ground, do rack pulls and go lower with every session until the plates are in the ground

I fucked my lumbar a couple years ago and rack pulls gradually to ground was how i got better. Now i can deadlift just fine and my back feels great.

WRONG

if he's forward head and hunched he's working his back which is completely wrong and stupid. If you're wearing a backpack with a full load it's pulling you back meaning get stronger abs.

Why do you think you tumble back if someone tugs your backpack backwards in school

fucking dyels

It'll fuck up your joints just as much as squatting fucks up your knees

Shoo shoo hungry skeleton

lmao fucking same jesus christ

So it's fine if I just wear a 10lb-20lb vest right? Nothing super hardcore.

Why is the body so shit that it can't handle a little extra weight in day to day life?

Your face when that scene Veeky Forums.

yeah do 10lb. That's like a weight change in a week. No big deal. That's what school books weigh anyway.

I should weigh my backpack next semester and see how much that shit weighs

You guys are idiots. Your life is not an anime.

I'm not doing it to become ''lighter'' or faster or something stupid. I don't see how carrying an extra 10-20lbs would be a bad thing.

Why are you doing it?

Dude they make ankle weights, wrist weights, weighted gloves and vests. They make you stronger. If you over do it, you can hurt yourself. Just like any other exercise.

Yeaaaaaa ankle weights would mostly strengthen hip flexors from picking up your legs and inductors and abductors from lateral movement. You jump using mainly quads and glutes. You probably did get stronger but just in the wrong areas.

Just run or jump rope.

I guess everyone who went to school is an idiot then. Books are too heavy, please put everything digitally on your laptop

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO ACCOMPLISH?

Do you not carry books in your backpack? When I was in the 8th grade, my backpack weighed over 30ibs

obese people have bad joints from carrying around all the extra weight all the time, do you see the correlation with your shit thread?
and did all you fags on /a/ suddenly decide to get ripped after that same guy that bullies you fucks your crush or something? seriously like 20 of these threads in the past 3 days

>walking isnt excersize
>walking with weights still isnt excersize
>unless its a farmers walk
>a walk with a weight

it would work OP, but you gotta unlock the chakra gates first to utilize 100% of your muscles

enjoy your springtime of youth!

fucking nerd

You ever see anyone do a farmers walk for a few miles?

btfo

He doesn't even know how to spell the word exercise.

btfo

invalidates the hole arguement write?

What argument? That walking around for miles with weights strapped to your body actually is exercise? I mean, sure. I guess it could be considered a form of exercise. Kind of like... idk smashing your dick with a hammer. That would be an arm workout I suppose. I wouldn't expect it to give you much in the way of results though.

just eat a lot of mcdonalds, then you get a natural 10-20lbs vest you fucking retard

activity requiring physical effort, carried out especially to sustain or improve health and fitness.
its mostly reserved for old people and the obese trying to get started on losing weight but objectively it is exercise
and an argument is an exchange of opposing views i.e. "walking is not exercise" and "yes, walking is exercise"

>walking isn't exercise
>well technically walking is exercise

Wow. I had never considered it that way before. You win this round brev. Good job.

>not opening 7 chakra gates before going to the gym

>get shit on
>I was just pretending to be retarded
>now Im going to rebound by being a sarcastic dick
lmao alright bro, I'll be the bigger man and just quit

>squatting fucks up your knees

Spotted the retard doing 20 reps with high weight.

it worked for roc k lee. he pwned gaaraa before tearing his ACL

I developed scioliosis from carrying a heavy backpack on one shoulder through my early school years.
Suck a dick

spotted the retard doing maxes