Manual labour people here? Do you still go to the gym after work? Natty or sterons...

Manual labour people here? Do you still go to the gym after work? Natty or sterons? Do you just eat and sleep in your free time? I find it impossible to do proper training and do my job as well without feeling fucking winded.

>Lift for many years
>Start doing physical labour (electrician)
>Start to have lower back problems
>Stop lifting, even though technique is pretty good
>Lower back problems stop

Why should I go back to free weights and training more than once a week just for teh feels and sauna? Walking and doing calisthenics/few machines keeps my mass. I don't need gorilla strength to do my job and I have endurance most gym faggots don't have.

Granted I'm no model but what's your excuse? Sometimes I wish I could have a sedentary job so I could get back to weights, it has a very good feeling to it and is good for my joints but I can't go to the gym and do my job properly without pain.

How do you manual labour guys do it?

>manual labour
>electrician

4>2>1>3

Shit man your job is way easier than mine and I still lift 6 days a week, I deliver drywall and steel so I'm constantly carrying drywall up stairs and lifting it through windows and carrying steal through apartment buildings

It's basically a 9 hour a day full body workout and my gains improved a lot since I started working this job especially in my forearms and lats

Yeah dude i blast 10g test a day cause manual labor is soooo tough.

>Tackling with cables
>Bending metal with hands to do connections
>Working hands over head for long periods of time
>Walking many miles per day
>Lifting shit up and down
>Needing lots of grip strength for said things

Yeah I don't know bro

>electrician

lol what? I work at a factory lifting 50kg bags of cheese and salt all night. Makes for massive delt and arm gains

I work in a mattress warehouse and go to the gym after work. you're probably squatting down a lot for your job, so it's not overworking. mind your back at work and stop being a pussy

Kek how the fuck? Maybe my joints are just fucked from doing wrassling and other shit as a kid. I have hypermobile joints so maybe it's that or something.

I worked a hardcore manual labor job and felt like shit all the time, even if i slept and ate a lot.

I worked an easy to moderate manual labor job, ate healthy, and felt pretty good for a while. I think diet is the most important, also sleep.

water and vitamins too

You guys must eat a lot then and sleep long? How the fuck can you do it?

Electrician isn't really manual labor compared to brick laying or roofing m8, your job is easy compared to actual labor jobs

>tfw used to have to dig ditches 8 hours a day for golf course drainage and sprinkler systems

That was a hard fucking job because you'd always run into huge rocks that needed to be pulled out

1>4>2>3

Maybe man I'm 34 and have been doing my job for almost 7 years now and I feel great after work. Getting paid to workout is awesome

Yeah an electrician would never have any reason to dig a trench right?

I eat a lot yeah and I work the night shift and sleep around 9 hours after work and wake up feeling fine, I also walk an hour and a half just to get to work which sucks now that theres snow so I need to eat even more to avoid becoming a skeleton

must be good to get a workout and not have to use your brain all day

i mean, apart from the poor salary and low social status

Don't you ever worry about your joints wearing down? Didn't you get unbearable doms? I'm no means in shit condition but I'd like to know how you tough guys look.

It is, I'd never want a job requiring knowledge or responsibility and being fit is a bonus with these jobs

>poor salary

Keep believing them memes. Even homedepot mexicans make $200-400 a day in NY.

Some people treat me as Jesus when I fix their shit. Electricity is still magic to most people seriously.

>poor salary

labor doesn't mean minimum wage you beta cuck I make way more than I need

No my dad's 65 and still does this kind of work everyday. He's stronger than me by a long shot and I'm half his age

I love getting payed to workout and not having to sit on my ass all day everyday

Eat more, sleep more. Track your calories and weight change to make sure you're getting enough nutrition.

chef
before work/during splits
not natty though

It's pretty much actually that simple always. Fuck I feel so stupid after all these years, granted there is sometimes bad days but it isn't rocket science I know this.

3>2>1>4

I've thought about trying to get like one of those seasonal UPS jobs just for like 10 hours a week... it would be like a gym they pay me to go to. Is that a thing?

Man I've been looking for manual jobs like that but can't find any. How'd you get into ditch digging?

tin knocker aka guy who hangs duct work

it gets tough sadly since your body just never gets any rest. My shoulders have been bothering me for some time but i cant rest then since i have to hold stuff over my head. I try to take time off and rest then next thing i know is i hanvt been to the gym in over 2 weeks. fucking trying to get past 2 plate bench/3 plate squat but it gets tough when your always sore

idk i get 650 a week and i have no idea wtf im doing

Yes, yes, only drunk, yes

>Walking many miles per day
get a fucking car
>Lifting shit up and down
what, tiny wires?
>bending metal with hands
office workers bend thicker metal when they need to use paper clips

wow your life is hard

Can you build a fucking house nerd?

Carpenter brah here.
Timber framing at the moment.
Long hours of very physically demanding work
Not natty
Gym 5 times a week
I'm 6ft1 230lbs lowish bf%
Making £40-50k
Can build a fucking house.
Come the fuck at me cunts

i work hard labour everyday for 9 hours and still lift 5 times a week.

My secret?

Food and sleep.

Sleep being the most important.

also

>hard labour
>electrician

Are you underage, user?

Hydraulic fitter
>thick wrists

I am at the gym by 3am before work

I am planning on getting a production line job at the Joy Cone factory in my town. From what I gather, you essentially lift 50 lb boxes of ice cream cones for 8 hours onto an assembly line.

I have only been lifting for a month or so, is there anything I should do to make sure that I can physically handle the job without fatigue or injury? It pays well and has benefits so I really want to do it.

Can confirm carrying drywall(especially commercial grade) fucking blows

I weld steel door frames and shit all day. It's only 40 a week. It can be tough standing in one place for most of the day but when you get in the groove time flies.

Carrying doors isn't too bad unless it's the huge 4'x8' ones or storm doors. Get to chew all day and I work with a funny as fuck Mexican.
I still make it to the gym and hit 5-6 meals a day.

Pic related, post lift in the ol' cheby

building a wall by carrying bricks all day cant even compare to the gym

Facility maintenance tech here at a window factory. If I'm not running back and forth on a call, looking for the right parts to fix a machine, I'm standing in front of a milling machine or reorganizing my shop/keeping inventory. Sometimes it can be more mentally exhausting than it is physically.

Just listen to your body. If you feel like lifting, go lift and lift hard. If you're worn out, take the night off and relax, have a beer, just don't force yourself to do something you don't feel like doing. I've tried that, and my workouts always suffer when I do.

2>4>1>3

Very nice development in your pecs.

You're not fat by any means but you should still do a moderate cut, get some shreds

4>2>3>1 imo

Office work on workdays
Manual labour on weekends

Best of both worlds, come at me bruh

Farmer here. I still try to lift 4 times a week regardless of the work i have done that day. Just eat and sleep properly also caffeine.

You get used to it. It's not ideal, but it's really not that big a deal.

fuck - marry - kill - kidnap

Go

fuck 4, marry 1, kill 3, kidnap 2

Mechanic here, if you're young or old you're skinny as hell
30s and 40s tend to be chubby to fat.
A lot of muscle from everyone but it just isn't aesthetically pleasing muscle.

i was skinny as hell 20 years ago, but I got a lot of muscle from just my job. The gym mostly toned and made life easier.

>not kid napping 3 to send her to fat camp

>kidnapping the crimson chin

Office workers have more cause for a bad back than you, your posture must be awful.
4>1>pass>pass
4 and 1 potentially switch based on 4 having horrible eyes or not. Chinbeast and hipless womanlet need not apply.

I'm a Deliveroo Rider so I cycle usually 15 - 20 miles a day with a huge backpack on. Shit is killing my gains as I struggle to eat enough food now but still hit the gym 4 times a week (all upper, no lower body).

No I finished high school

I just started a manual labour job at a car wash working 15-20 hours a week in the sun wiping, vaccuuming and cleaning cars (it's a global warming spring turning into a hot as fuck summer in Australia right now) and one thing I noticed is that although I chug maybe 4-8 litres of water per shift, i don't have to urinate at all. In fact I go home and I pee like a quarter of a bladder.

Is it because i'm sweating and physically exerting myself in the sun all day that i'm holding onto water? Where does it go? How do i cure water retention, is there a supplement or food I can take that will make me piss normally at work again?

Tradesmen make more money than most College grads get off your high horse

It is what the human body is meant for

Construction? If so try and find a place to get floor electrician. Some places call then electronic technicians. Pretty sweet gig. I make hourly and my take home base is 88k with 180 days working, 12 hours on those days, though.

Jobs are out there user. Keep resume updated and keep checking. States with automotive factories are starting to hurt for skilled trades, especially electrical.

Floor electrician, as in maintenance?
I've been an electrician for almost 9 years now, sadly all construction. Union though so I make good money and pension and benefits and what not.

Also, to op, just make sure to do cardio every day, and sleep/eat enough and you should be fine. I lift 5 days a week and do 30 minutes of stair climbing a day

Become a letter carrier and never do cardio again.

>Is it because i'm sweating and physically exerting myself in the sun all day

Yep

SLDLs, Deadlifts, Zercher Carries will all help. But desu 50 lbs isnt heavy and youll adapt even if youre a dyel.

Your a piece of shit for talking down people who not only hold a hard job but take care of their bodies.

Guess they didn't have your rich parents to cuddle them into a ''social status'' but that's what makes them better then your kind after all.

Diet and sleep are important if you're working manual labor and also want to lift.

Not that I'm an expert or anything. My dad works in construction and over the summers I would work with him so all I can really say is make sure you eat and rest. And drink water.

I know this is bait but my dad grew up on a farm, started his own construction business and made himself into a millionaire. Sure, maybe he had some luck with the housing market around the time he started out but he still had to put a shit ton of work in. Over 30 years later and he still goes hard af.

He doesn't know much about computers but he can damn near fix anything with his hands. It's a different kind of knowledge that's required for that stuff.

Ya that is what we get called where I'm at now. Easy job most of the time. My first stint I was doing a lot if the mechanical shit. Easily tool 15k steps a night due to the plants size.

I just ate my face off back then for recovery.

>work as a mailman
>days are 7-11 hours long
>no energy to lift after work

just kill me

Thanks m8.

Lift before work.

mate come on my shift starts up at 7 am. I can barely wake up to that

No need to make excuses to me, it's your fucking life. If you want to be a DYEL fag then you're free to, but you and I both know it's not because you can't lift. Anything worth doing will be tough.

Op here on tablet. Seriously is pay that good in muricah? I get fucked with about 30k a year and I live in Finland. I graduated like a year ago, but unless you get good contract works and do hourly based work in someone elses firm, it doesn't get that much bigger. I need to start my business in some years, fuck....

>Is pay that good in Murica?

yes, Finnbro, Electricians and plumbers get paid what they are worth here. Since nobody is interested in learning a trade in America they get paid even more.

And depending on the state you can start a business without the government breathing down your neck.

Well yeah we have a lot of electricians like you, so they don't have to pay you as much especially when Estonians are around.

why are you making excuses?
I've got lectures from 09:00 till 14:30, then work from 15:30 to 24:00 and I go train outside till 01:00-01:30 in the morning ( there are no 24h gyms in my city )

Don't feel bad I made that mistake for years, wondering why I couldn't make any progress. Without proper nutrition you stall hard.

But estonians usually don't do the electrical work in constructions because of some regulations here, at least that's what I've seen mostly. Hope it won't change any time soon.

Kek. Sometimes I wish I was born in Muricah and not this communist shithole that houses muslims and gives them money for raping and murdering people.

> Ottermode
> Work as baggage handler w/studying
> Very little gains wise (probs could eat better)
> Significant gains in grip strength despite being wiry and slender framed.
> Dat vascularity.

Feels okay bros

It helps with everyday stuff I guess, I find working with my hands more enjoyable.

Patrician taste.

t. someone who has to pay others to do the simplest DIY

Janitor here that intends to apply for an electricians apprenticeship

I've just started working on my health and fitness because I've been worried that I won't be in good enough shape to not have any issues during my apprenticeship, so I definitely need to work on that.

Right now, as a a janitor I walk a shit ton and generally bend and stoop fuck tons also, so lifting after work would suck cock, but I'm going to start lifting in about 2 months or so, so I guess I'll have to learn to live with it or something like that.

I am basically doing cardio for living.

I enlisted in the military late in life after having an office job for 4 years and it's a lot of manual labor and walking around. I still lift heavy (5/3/1), but find myself not needing cardio at all to keep lean. It works out great. Having a sedentary job and doing strength 3-4 times a week really doesn't get your activity level high enough.

1>4>2>3
1>5>3>2>4

>so many simpletons
I prescribe (cos im literally a doctor of medicine, i can do that) a strong dose of man the fuck up to the lit of ya. Guaruntted i burn more calories sitting down in my office, deep in thought, than you monkeys do waving yoyr arms about in the field.

I install granite counter tops. You plebs don't even know, I literally carry stone slabs weighing anywhere from 50 to 1000 lbs inside mansions. Upstairs and shit. Just me and one other guy doing farmers walks upstairs with 1000 lbs split between us.

Quit drinking and you'll be fine. My dad makes the same excuse but he comes home and downs 6 beers a night.

I have quit drinking apart from weekends because I can't risk hangover

Why did I think at first that this is a firing order of cylinders in an engine?

I work in pipe and pull $2000 a week, friendo. Walk an average of 8mi/day and go running after for a few more sometimes after work. You may be right about the social standing thing though, as I have a very limited circle of friends. There is some mathematics involved when fabrication is the job of the day. Worked 80hrs this week, so I'm looking at a $3000 check on Friday.

Gee, I sure am sad that user doesn't approve of my life!

this one

This is one of the best paying jobs I've found. I deal more with robots then anything, though. The 180 working days is by far the best part.

Other places will net you in a factory around 28 to 34 an hour in my area. I think a few years ago Nissan was paying 36 but their test is rough. It seemed more geared towards relay logic electricians.

where do you work?

Its ridiculous how many constructuon workers could look like greek statues if they didnt drink so much and have such shit diets

Have you ever even seen an industrial site ? Supply cables the size of your arm

Mein nigger

Not really manual but it's stressful and hard wearing. I'm a head chef in a small resturant. Was the snr sous at a larger place but left to have split shifts and set days (sun evening, Monday and tuesday) off.

I get 2 and a half hours between lunch and dinner and each is about 5 hour shift. I cycle to and from work which is about 15-20 min on my meme fixie (huge leg gains). It keeps me lean I feel.

I go to the gym on my breaks, 2 on 1 off pattern. I get all my shopping done on Monday and get cooking done for the week on Tuesday (non of that meal prep shit; I cut and prep for the week so meals only take 10 mins and my gf can do them too).

I have to eat loads and sleep a decent amount or I waste. I need a 9 hour night here and there, but most of the time it's about 8 hours.

I'm considering steroids, but I'm not sure how I will respond to them when I am stressed out during a busy service.