What does a squat belt even do??

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d8_1xq8c23c
70sbig.com/blog/2010/04/more-reasons-for-wearing-a-belt/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

keeps your buttplug from slipping out

bless God for making Demi so T H I C C C

lets the other guys in the gym know that you're srs business

Is it supposed to help with the posture or what?

what the hell is a "squat belt"?

Rob you of lower back and ab gains.

>he thinks chicks care about lowber back and ab gains
Never gonna make it

Help you increase abdominal muscle tension by giving you something to brace against, similar to how for example, you're able to tense your bicep more with added resistance.

weighting belt may be the correct term

It keeps the squat plug from falling out

>that bar slightly inclined to the right
Triggered.

No, there's a structural difference between the belts used for weightlifting and powerlifting.

The tapered belt on the lower right is a typical weightlifting belt, the others don't allow enough flexibility for weightlifting.

Chicks love abs

youtube.com/watch?v=d8_1xq8c23c
Here's Rips expert on the subject.

It makes you look like a pussy unless you're squatting some heavy ass weight (5+ pl8)

This is it. I can brace my core without a belt, but the belt literally adds a physical barrier that serves as a literal physical barriers against which I can increase the pressure in my core even further.

After I started using a belt for my heaviest sets I haven't hurt myself (not even a little tweak) doing squats or deadlifts. The physical barriers also keeps me mindful of my form, so that helps too.

Abs is the first muscle women care about though. The very first question from mirin women was always about the abs

If you squat above 4 plate and deadlift above 5 plate its ok to use. If you think you need a belt below those weights you guarantee just have a form problem and a belt wont remedy that.

Keeps your lower back from snapping.

>heavy weights aren't relative to a persons strength
That's not really fair. I'm a noob and can only DL 2 plates but it really helps secure my form when using a belt.

I was in a messy car accident 2 years ago. Almost broke my neck and brought a lot of pain. I squat with a belt to take some tension off of my lower back just in case because I don't want any lower back pain in the future returning. It stabilizes your core by adding the pressure. It doesn't matter how much you're lifting, and contrary to other anons in this thread I've heard it doesn't Rob any gains and it's safer that way.

The feedback you get from a belt is priceless. Dont listen to these faggots who say you need to lift xxx to wear a belt. Any coach will tell you the same.

It belts squats

Thicc

this thread is full of retards.
why not just google it so you don't get memed.

To be honest it almost feels like cheating. I try to use it as little as possible. If you use one your max will go up by like 50 pounds (maybe more). And no this isn't a 'do you count bar weight?' meme joke I'm making, it is actually true.

Helps you brace your core.

You can push harder against a loaded barbell than you can a broom stick. Same principle but applied to your core allowing for a more stable trunk

I just started using a belt at the gym and can squat lmao3pl8 for sets of 5, helps a lot. I just don't use it every time I go to the gym and jerks off my ego a bit.

I've literally never seen someone get 50lbs out of a belt on a regular lift, and that includes a bunch of people pulling and squatting in the 5s for reps.

my beltless atg squat at 170 is about 335 and i can hit 370 with it on.

not a real 50lbs but it sure as fuck helps my core from exploding under more weight.

It's used to keep your squat tokens ready to use in the squat rack.
Would be a shame if you got locked out after only doing the first set.

implying she's natty

lmao

70sbig.com/blog/2010/04/more-reasons-for-wearing-a-belt/

believing this meme

half of a year you cant even show off your abs

its way more important to be big

everyone can have abs, if you are little skinny faglet

My penor exploded

My one arm is longer than the other so the bar is automatically tilted, maybe she too has uneven arms?