Career thread

how does Veeky Forums rate a hs teacher as a career, teaching french/history/writing if youre fairly passionate about it and are bretty gud at it..decent? respectable? trash?

How do you boyz balance your career with lifting?

also general career thread

>how does Veeky Forums rate a hs teacher as a career, teaching french/history/writing if youre fairly passionate about it and are bretty gud at it..decent? respectable? trash?
Settling tier

>How do you boyz balance your career with lifting?
Home gym mustard race

t. statistician at an oil company.

Do what you love bro

Well you're on Veeky Forums so I assume you're gay
And you also teach French and are passionate...
O'Neil?

* my bad, phone corrected that from Olenger

teacher here in 4th year. do it. time flies throughout the work day, summers and holidays off,and can be fun if you dont develop a shit attitude. I see all of my friends in office jobs with only weekends off and I bask in the glory of only working 6 hrs a day 180 days a year, less than HALF of the year

Studying to be a teacher right now.

Hope it pans out so I can achieve the "weeb" dream.

Teaching English now, it's a 2ND career, used to program.

Cool job, but 6 hrs. /day is Bullshit. Lesson prep + grading is a couple hours a day. Vacations of is nice of course.

Pay varies a lot depending on district, last year I made $75k but this year just $57k, as 1st and then 2nd year teacher in Bay area. Also do SAT prep for $50/hr.

All in all I like the job but dealing with high schoolers can be a pain in the ass and isn't for everyone. Unless you teach honors or ap forget being inspirational, even at good schools students who aren't doing honors/ap classes should just be doing vocational school.

>how does Veeky Forums rate a hs teacher as a career, teaching french/history/writing
Meh.

>if youre fairly passionate about it and are bretty gud at it
In that case you're doing better than the average stiff. Stay swole.

Anyone have any general knowledge or help on becoming an EMT or firefighter?

>how does Veeky Forums rate a hs teacher as a career
It's a crucial job. You have to respect it because without teachers, good ones, we'd all be fucked. I couldn't do the job myself though. I do find it annoying that a lot of them claim their job is overly stressful with nearly 4months a year paid leave. There are plenty of jobs that require more.

>How do you boyz balance your career with lifting?
Work keeps me busy from 6am to 18pm, commute & morning routine included. I usually go to the gym once-twice on random weeknights (19-21pm) and once again in the weekend. Feels good.

I'm an adjunct professor at my state university teaching intro level pharmacology

Work day is like 8-9hrs Monday through Friday, even though I only teach 2 courses. Rest of my time is spent on my research (It's a requirement to be published apparently)

Great place to pick up those high school girls

Correctional officer at a maximum security prison.

Have gym at work, workout during my lunch-break and eat my lunch whenever I can find 10 minutes.
It's a good job, I like it.

>how does Veeky Forums rate a hs teacher as a career
Really important. To be a good influence on young minds and all that jazz.

I teach dance for $16 per hour, and $22 per hour on the weekends. Hopefully I can open up my own studio one day.

>18pm
Do you live in Jupiter or something?

Gave up teaching, desperate rush to put even failing kids through disillusioned me.

Now a Strength and Conditioning Coach.

Rolling trips for being a personal trainer

Teaching is an honourable profession, OP. Good for you.

Oil is rad (large scale work and good dollars), but I have ethical problems with working in the field.
t. studied to be a geologist but went into tech instead

Just don't stop there. Become a doctor in due time. Help others onto your path. Build connections and make friends for a lifetime.

Try not to get stuck teaching high school in the Bronx or whatever.