/plg/ - powerlifting general

No Anime Allowed Edition.

youtube.com/watch?v=lcOxhH8N3Bo

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSwoIyRSMvpI4AVhvSelvbKfKTxlW8J6-DX3p3EmmuLmhjS5Ip7zJL3W-yFB6n0eJhtLsaiM7DJ90Lv/pubhtml
thetoptens.com/worst-colours/
youtube.com/watch?v=mKW8cc7k7Pc
3.1m.yt/sWLsIaH.png
4.1m.yt/vmctOW9.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Will my knees be a problem when powerlifting?

fuck off haino

holy moly!!

h-how....how do i find a bf like you?

Just become a hard-working man with integrity and kindness.

I did a pretty google doc spreadsheet for Madcow, it has nice colors for every lift and different shades for different days.

Really pretty. Going to insert pretty gifs into it now.

Yeah, it always starts like that. The next thing you know you are ordering frilly panties online.

I wanted to, once, when I wanted to pretend I was a vampire dragoon or something.

But my gf is so down to earth I stopped caring about underwear.

link

Which color represents which lift best in spreadsheets? Discus:

Squat: grass green, since squat is the "base" lift but is also the least exciting lift
Bench: imo should be cornflower blue since it's the default chad color and the bench is the default chad lift
Deadlift: dark red, it's calm but it's brutal

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSwoIyRSMvpI4AVhvSelvbKfKTxlW8J6-DX3p3EmmuLmhjS5Ip7zJL3W-yFB6n0eJhtLsaiM7DJ90Lv/pubhtml

You should go into interior decorating because I can't argue with any of that.

deadlift: blue

squat: green

bench: yellow

Yeah deadlift might be blue but I fucking hate yellow. So bench can't be yellow.

man Veeky Forums was so much better without "girls" who keeps posting anime

>letting colour bias blind your judgement

Yellow is gay and you're gay.

thetoptens.com/worst-colours/

Eating a block of brie

gotta get those FATS

Why did you use my image for this thread? I am but a memester with shit lifts and you all are serious lifters. Embarrassed. :(

guys i squatted 120kg for 8 today

wew

cool, i bench 120kg for 8.

:(
put the measuring tape away

;_;

Whats your 1rm?

never tried
but i'm guessing in saying i could do 3.5.... maybe 4 plate with sketchy form

i also pulled 4plate on a dead the other day

don't ask about my bench pls

Good shit man, keep at it.

Sorrys for bullyins ;_;, we're all friends here's :--D

600kg total at 93 any good? Or should I aim for at least another 50+ before trying even local comps?

congratulations you've gone from memester to living meme

I'd really like to help you and answer your question, but I don't know, sorry.

Just do it. Your total doesn't matter.

>120x8
>4pl8

I've done 152x11 and my one rep max is around 182

I dunno what your locals look like but 600@93 is good. Not nationally competitive good and not "pick up rock collecting" bad.

No, your 1RM should be at least 190.

It's not though I just tested. Anyways your 1RM is at the maximum 155-160. E1RM varies from person to person, but there is no way that you can squat 4pl8 now if you just did 120x8 at RPE10

I'm not that guy. I agree that he can't squat 180 kg though.

Seriously though I think your RM is higher, you could get it to 190 or more if you peaked.

Yeah maybe. I'm excited to see how much I can squat in december at my meet. I'll hold off untill then.

I should probably start programming for a peak. I'm guessing I don't need a long period since I'm not that strong, right?

Depends more on the program you've been running (sets, reps, weight) and the accumulated fatigue IMO.

If you were mostly working with high reps you should do a week of high intensity low volume work, like easy singles or doubles.

this is about what I've been figuring, and since the next local looks like 3-4 months out I might even be able to push 650 by then. Also gives me time to get used to using a belt since I've never used one

cool; good to know I won't look like a bellend at least

A guy at my first meet squatted 2pl8, benched 1 and deadlifted 2.

No one laughed and everyone was supportive. Literally no reason not to get the experience of doing a meet early on / when you're weak.

Lol wtf was than dumb faggot thinking coming to a meet with lifts like those meet is a WAR, only the STRONGEST can SURVIVE

you're right WWII American army should have only really been about 10% of the army that served

Help I'm watching old Paddington cartoons but I'm at work so my sound is off, can someone explain what's going on here:

youtube.com/watch?v=mKW8cc7k7Pc

>Literally no reason not to get the experience of doing a meet early on / when you're weak.
This. Just about everyone that competes in my club has said that they wished they started competing earlier.

At the weekend I was in a flight with 150kg differencr between opening lift and final. In the squat and deadlift

>those poor loaders

>A guy at my first meet squatted 2pl8, benched 1 and deadlifted 2.

This shit honestly pisses me off. Meets take goddamn long enough with just quasi-competent people lifting.

It's one thing if he's in the 85 year old class or some shit, but a 30 year old needs to have JUST enough respect for the competition to actually complete an LP program before wasting everyone's time.

If I do curls three times a week is that chad brotier or can I justify it as bench accessory work?

>Meets take goddamn long enough

I have never experienced this meme personally. There was one time where I felt a little bit iced between my second and third squats but that's honestly it.

You have to explain to everyone who sees you curling that you are a powerlifter and only doing curls as bench accessory. You also have to send an IPF-stamped letter to your local Internet manager. The letter must confirms you are an IPF powerlifter and that your bench will benefit from accessory curling.

do it

Alright I can do all of this.

>successfully highbar paused 195kg today

Shouldnt be too far off 220kg now lads...

IDK man IPF is really strict about it they have to check if curls will Ga net Wilks gain, this usually takes three years.

>highbar paused
Perhaps the comfiest of all the squat variants.

Paddington is great.

Maybe you should only compete at nats and international events then so you don't have to deal with beginners who compete at the lowest level of the sport.

Thoughts on making recovery Madcow sets one big set?

In the default program it's 2x5x75%5RM. I can easily do that for 10 reps.

I SERIOUSLY hope none of you do this

>OK, just quickly on passing on your 2nd and 3rd attempts in a comp...... please don't do it. I know you think you're being polite and courteous by letting the officials know you're not going to come out for your next attempt, but it's not just YOUR minute of time your passing on, it's everyone else's who would have followed your attempt. Just keep your mouth shut and let the clock run down so the rest of your flight aren't rushed back on to the platform with less time between attempts - you know who you are!

Paddington would never do that. He is a polite young bear!

>tfw clarence kennedy is vegan

he literally isnt

3.1m.yt/sWLsIaH.png
4.1m.yt/vmctOW9.png

this man is based

>You will never have your own harem of women to train to glory

I think that's probably suboptimal

You CAN do 75% for 10 but it's significantly harder than 2x5. Why make recovery day harder than it should be, you're just keeping the movement fresh

What is this malware link

Why not make it normal

Dam, good on him.

1 & 3 are not bad at all

You probably won't win or anything, but 600@93 is getting to that point where you may as well get a few meets under your belt

No patients all day and possibly none for the rest of the morning
Give me a scenario to write a program for because I'm bored as shit

>Roidfed
Dropped

go away

Doctor? Murse? PT?

I love IPF, I really do despite making the switch to other feds, I still watch every live stream from IPF or national associated federations championships that I possibly have time for and keep a very interested eye on who is doing what. But ultimately, as a lifter you have to decide what is best for you, and it's not necessarily IPF, sometimes it's the opportunity to partake in very high profile invitationals, win a bit of money and generate as much positive exposure for yourself as possible. There is a certain kudos associated with being a high profile IPF lifter, but i'm finding more and more that the only people who REALLY care, are other IPF lifters. And they're all (generalisation, vast majority though) broke AF and won't win a penny competing as long as they maintain the level of loyalty and commitment that is currently demanded of IPF lifters. If that's good enough for you then you'll get no argument from me and I wish you the most success possible, but if it's not enough and you want to try and make the absolute most out of your experience in this sport through whatever means you deem acceptable for yourself, then you certainly don't deserve any degree of scrutiny from anyone who isn't willing to do the same.

And this "if it isn't IPF, it doesn't exist" attitude is getting a bit abrasive too. Don't judge the federation, they all have faults, judge the lifter, the personal standards he holds himself to and the quality of the lifts he performs on the platform. If it's bullshit, it's bullshit, but some of us still maintain the same integrity and pride in our lifts as would be expected of any IPF lifter. Not all, but some of us do. Watch for yourself with an open mind and keep an eye out for some truly spectacular lifting, it happens on many different platforms all the time and these lifters deserve to be judged on the merit of what they are actually doing, not the supposed accepted standard of the organisation in which they compete.

Agreed. If it isn't IPF, it doesn't exist.

Exercise rehab

What's your stance on Paddington the bear?

On what? The child's novel character recently made into a film?

So much asspain in that status
>recognise muh druggie achievements pls

How new are you

My quads and retraining the squat. 3/4x per week.

>so much asspain in that status
Seemed entirely reasonable and well-spoken to me. If you really read that and think he's butthurt then I think it's actually you who is butthurt because he didn't even act upset or angry.
Let me knock it around. Work comp. doesn't have excel so we pen n paper till I get home.

Cool.
Just a few things to keep in mind:
- had the same stuff in the Spring
- seems to occur when I'm on an irregular schedule (sometimes 1 rest day, sometimes 1 week), and not accounting for the absence when I get back to training
- left quad is main problem, and it tightens the fuck up pretty easily.
- hips don't like LB squats

Got ya. I'll account for all that best I can.
Do you have access to a trap bar?

>closegrip bench
>ebin chest doms

explain

Actually, yes. Rarely sees use by anyone. Think it's pic related.

Good. Do you feel like either quad is weaker than the other or is the left just a dumb bitch that gets too tight?

Your tits are always involved in a benis press. It's also a different movement pattern from normal so you automatically get really sore.

Greater ROM and stuff

I rely more on my right leg when squatting. Can see my hip being a bit right in relation to the middle point between my heels. Been trying to shift over to my left, felt both good and bad (some more power, but lower back felt iffy).

>essay due tonight
>have to be home for thanksgiving three hours away this afternoon
No big deal, I'll just get up early and finish it
>entering hour 3 of fully liquid shit, haven't done any work
Fuck chik-fil-a desu. This happens every time and I always forget.

>digestive tractlets

can you start writing on the toilet lad?

Anyone got a discord invite?

If this keeps up I'm putting my laptop on top of the tank

Rough draft so far
Volume will decrease significantly over the course of the month, which is the length I'm writing it for

Lith!

I don't sumo at all during that month or?

sets of 8 on the squats

felt like i was going to pass out and my face was red as fuck and my eyes were popping out

squatted almost 30 (working) sets and about 140 total reps this week and am yet to die

AMA

That'd be up to you. I'd do the first week, see how it treats you, and if it doesn't seem too difficult/fatigue-inducing you could definitely still do some sumo, I'd just keep the volume low-ish and not go much over 80% except for singles.
I don't think you'd have any significant losses (in the long run) in sumo strength if you didn't do any for the month, but if you can handle it there's not much reason to exclude low-volume sumo training.

Also note that this isn't really meant to just replace your lower body training.You'll see there isn't really any hamstring work included but obviously you don't want to totally abandon that,

What's the deal with George Leeman?