/plg/

/plg/
a powerlifting related thread for powerlifters made by powerlifters for powerlifters

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7AQSLozK7aA
sites.psu.edu/siowfa15/2015/09/21/high-place-phenomenon/
youtu.be/Y1PuWSCRkz4
youtu.be/luE8fCm0otM
youtu.be/sVvzky9BeWs
youtube.com/watch?v=GmBlm497he0
youtu.be/2e3vLaHt7yY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tfw no qt powerlifting gf

My waifu

For noose fat
youtu.be/7AQSLozK7aA

When he takes a break from listening to Metallica

some day....

but not really....

please leave me alone

Hey speakin of thrash what was that band u guys were talkin bout last week or so. Vektor or something? What was it? meant to listen but then forgot.

WELL TIME TO GO DEADLIFT THESE FEELINGS AWAY

better poop first tho. Always poop before pulling.

truth. Once was enough to never do that again

diggin it. I do love some occasional radiohead

>noose fat

wew lad, don't be like that

r8 program
A:
>squat 3x5
>bench 3x5
>deadlift 3x5
AxxAxxx

i've been cutting for the past half year or so and i'm trying to regain muscle mass and strength as fast as possible without gaining too much fat before resuming the cut. i started at 210lbs, currently 180lbs

*** deadlift 1x5 is what i plan to do not 3x5

i plan to just do linear progression and then start back cutting when i stop progressing

Vektor is overproduced noodly shit. Might be ok live though.

alright lads, went to the gym and done ~85% singles as per user suggestion after no lifting since last monday

good news was that i didnt feel burning stabbing glute pain but i was waiting for it to flare up, although i felt more of a different mild glute strain in a diiferent location, squatted through it but made me very nervous

the vid looked fast enough although it felt like an rpe 9 maybe but maybe that was the slight glute pain messing with me

even still my lower opener was still 10kg heavier than this and was actually wanting to open 15kg heavier

what would you lads do?
>stop being stubborn and lower openers even more
>just hope everything clears up by Saturday
>pull out of meet to preserve health (lol who would do that)

Some more little questions (in case you have the time) would be:

Are the 75% of Paused Squats relative to the Intensity or the Volume Day weight?

How do i determine my starting weight? Set intensity weight 1 or 2 kgs above my current 3*5 and take like 85% of that for volume day?

Is your goal to make me rip a hole in my pants or something?

What do

if i cant hug bats in the next 2 weeks i will jump into traffic

nice way to get some shoulder imbalances

just do ss m8

When cars pass at high speeds for a brief second I always consider it.

What the hell is wrong with my brain

needs curls, face pulls, and hamstring and upper back volume/10

desu he should be doing a form of vertical press too

another glute user
i feel your pain
im trying the
>wait it out method

nothing desu lad

ive tried before, just leads to injury time and being stuck on bitch weight longer

it's not just your brain if that makes you feel better. intrusive risky thoughts that you won't act on happen to everyone and are quite common

Are you still benching and shit like that?

Alright. Done shitting. Time to go Get a coffee at the cafe, sit at the window seat, and imagine what I would say if the cute barista would come over to my table on her break as I stare out the window at the rain forming puddles in the parking lot.

The radio will be mumbling softly some Folk and it will be warm inside.

i agree but you'll have trouble getting consensus around here about that

ion: I'm coming off a few diff injuries and i'm planning to do 28memes to get back into it. doing the beginner 2 days for each lift plus the bench 1 day for ohp. Does that seem reasonable?

>tfw forgot to do 5 sets of bench today
>noticed just now, 3 hours after my workout

top zozzle m9

couldnt really, or atleast not set up right
i benched today after 8 days off everything and was just a bit iffy
you might have it worse than me if youve already been fucked a week

I was trying to do sumo I don't have the mobility for, felt like my leg was gonna fall off.

Just trained through it last week, but it's really catching up to me now.

should i kill myself

no. ilu mate.

sounds max comfy m8

nah that's gay

Talk to somebody you trust please. If you have nobody, then find somebody. Don't expect to have to, or be able to talk about it all straight away, trust is a process and builds over time.

I wish you could be there with me friend.

Alright lads, ttyl

No senpai. Life is worth living.

nice digits lad

i'll talk too the dog

Absolutely nat

TM question guy here. I'm off now and assume you're busy or annoyed. I'll try again tomorrow or so. :)

You can talk to me if you wish. Here or privately.

It's normal senpai, just like the urge to jump from a tall height. sites.psu.edu/siowfa15/2015/09/21/high-place-phenomenon/

How fucking comfy are leggings?

Nothing.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Imp_of_the_Perverse

REALLY FUCKIG COMFY

Most comfy things you can put on your legs imo. Gotta decide if it's worth it for the weird looks and judgement you receive from the beta faggots who are too insecure to wear them

I always wonder what'd happen if I pushed someone in front of the subway at the station. Obviously I never would.

IM COMING FOR YOU youtu.be/Y1PuWSCRkz4

>I always wonder what'd happen if I pushed
Some child would grow up fatherless and broken like Sean

Don't do it man

Wew lad Wew 5 reps Gratz!

Thanks senpai. Sumo is gonna be ezpz on Saturday

Can someone check my form for DL and squat? I know I lift too much with my back in both, but how bad is it?
Squat: youtu.be/luE8fCm0otM
DL: youtu.be/sVvzky9BeWs

If you've got the glutes for it, fuck 'em. Also makes it a lot easier for me to get my knee sleeves over calves.

>making Esters
>spill butyric acid on myself
>showered twice since
>everyone still tells me I smell like vomit

For fucks sake

Lock out harder on deads

Stop dive bombing on squats

Won't say anything else cause you know it's bad already

Is your glute just kind of annoying you or is it some more serious injury? Either way you can probably keep your planned openers, 175 looked really good.

Failed my deadlifts today so I decided I now hate lifting

What should I do tomorrow that is just FUN
Gonna do Z press first

I don't think your squats look that bad. You have really long femurs, your back have to be more horizontal. Last rep was kind of good-morning-esque so you try to actively think about keeping your chest up when you squat.

What's really shitty is your walkout. Take two, max three, steps out of the rack. Not longer than they have to be but long enough so you can't smash into the rack if you get forward-heavy.

You're not bracing very well before you descend for the squats, especially when you get tired. by your third rep it looked like you said "well here I go!" and fucking charged that shit when maybe fucking charging that shit is ill advised.

Your deadlift a fuckin shit because you don't know how to brace your core yet. Spend 33 minutes watching Chris Duffin's How to Squat on youtube.

100% shit and wrong advice, kys

Whew. Feels good to be bad lads

Cleans are usually fun. I think rows are fun, too.
If you wanna do more pressing, do one armed dumbbell presses. They're fun and you get to feel like a circus strongman.

Deficit deadlifts. They're kind of like deadlifts but you have a larger ROM so you can enjoy them even more.

I'll do this

Probably do either cleans or one armed presses

Thanks lads

>just kind of annoying you or is it some more serious injury?
not completely sure just yet
it felt like i was getting stabbed with a red hot poker while warming up last week and i had to leave the gym right then
every little niggle has me really paranoid of it fucking up

i really hope you are right
might be my first bomb

>just hating lifting

one arm snatch nigga,
see what you can snatch then one arm strict press or whatever

fuckin fun

Only reason I probably won't is because my gyms heaviest dumbbell is only 40kg

my hip hurts

>dumbbell
uwot

use a barbell

srs

it's what I do

Just use bumpers

Is this a meme other people do? If I'm gonna meme myself I need an excuse for when I end up on elf intensity gym idiots

I'm going to widen my squat stance becase I've been told I'll be stronger long term with it. I'm obviously much weaker in my new stance, so should I just go back to LP and build back up with my new form?

If they don't have Dumbbells above 40 they ain't gonna have bumper plates

>not completely sure just yet
>it felt like i was getting stabbed with a red hot poker while warming up last week and i had to leave the gym right then
>every little niggle has me really paranoid of it fucking up
Well I fucking dunno, that could be either nothing at all or something really serious. I know I would never pull out of the meet so I won't tell you to do it but be careful. If you can squat 85% without pain you probably aren't that fucked, altough you should really see a medical expert.

yeah if i get through it ill be taking a rest anyway i think, im getting really beat up all over

love the disclaimer too lad
now i cant even sue you ffs

Oh sorry senpai, I had gone to take a nap and just woke up.

Yeah the program is fine. I'd add more chest exercises on wednesday, maybe light benching or DB bench.
On intensity day, keep in mind that your grip might get tired after the deadlifts, so you might wanna do hookgrip or use straps for the chinups.

Also, as chinups aren't really a competition lift and there's no point in maxing them out besides fun, if the intensity starts getting too exhausting you can just skip the chinups and do them on volume day only.

The paused squats are relative to the intensity weight. But you can adjust that. If you find that's too heavy or light, just increase or lower the %. But give them a good pause at max depth, 3-6 seconds.

>How do i determine my starting weight?

You can either use your current 5RM, or deload 10% and use that.
Deloading is useful if you have been stuck for a while before starting this. If you haven't, you don't need to deload for now.

>take like 85% of that for volume day?

Start with 80%. You will add weight every week to the volume day, separately from your intensity day progression.
So you will start with 80%, but eventually it will reach 90%. Once it goes over 90%, it's a good idea to deload (the volume day) back to 80%.

who are you
because you go to same gym

do they not have crossfit in australia?

>I'll be stronger long term
I'm not sure if this is blanketly true

I'm happiest when I'm asking

But I keep waking up...

me too
i love a good question

The guy that goes to YMCA? You go too?

kek, hips shoot up immediately on that deadlift.

Incredibly comfy but my dick is in plain view

> Start with 80%. You will add weight every week to the volume day, separately from your intensity day progression.
So you will start with 80%, but eventually it will reach 90%. Once it goes over 90%, it's a good idea to deload (the volume day) back to 80%.

why not just pin it at 80-85% then instead of progressing and then deloading? it's not like progressing on Volume Day is the goal of TM.

grats man, looks good.
question though, why not have your sets filmed from the side? it seems like it'd be a better angle for checking your own form and stuff.

Plates don't block a fuckton of stuff this way

Yup. I'm the fucker who deadlifts and always looks like they can't see anything because I don't wear my glasses in the gym

>it's not like progressing on Volume Day is the goal of TM

Not the goal, but it's part of it.

>Incredibly comfy but my dick is in plain view

I think you meant

>Incredibly comfy and my dick is in plain view

Hey looking good desu lad.

Favourite radiohead song, mrs tenorman?

> Not the goal, but it's part of it.

sure, but Volume would also progress if you'd always just take, let's say, 85% of Intensity day weight that week (for squat and dl) or of intensity day that cycle (for bench and OHP). as your intensity day weight increases, as it should, your volume day weight would increase with it, right?

is there a particular reason why you choose to linearly progress on volume day, incorporating eventual deloads? i'm genuinely asking, maybe you know something that makes your approach more effective.

u r not a female

Are contacts out of the question?

Thanks mang

>dat jewfro

Say hi next time

huehue hue

>but I keep waking up
Me too, lad

youtube.com/watch?v=GmBlm497he0

Because this way you can deload volume and intensity days separately, and fine tune the program.

they are for now because of work. Probably get corrective surgery in next 2 years though

will do, guy. Also you should work on your OHP

if anyone is interested in comfy song
youtu.be/2e3vLaHt7yY

wait i'm confused are you the girl or guy from ymca?