What is the best routine/method for building strength in the major compound barbell lifts as a natty lifter?

What is the best routine/method for building strength in the major compound barbell lifts as a natty lifter?

I see all these programs from people that work great if you're on steroids. Also I see stuff that is filled with
>hypertrophy work
and
>isolation exercises

I mean cmon....hypertrophy as a natty? Let's get real here.

Gimme the straight poop guys. I don't want to fuck around, I only want to do stuff that is actually going to have an impact as a natty.

Other urls found in this thread:

defrancostraining.com/westside-for-skinny-bastards-part3/)
t-nation.com/workouts/20-minute-muscle-builder
twitter.com/AnonBabble

SS would be the obvious choice

I have been lifting on and off for years, I don't have beginner numbers and can't make linear gains any longer with that program.

God damn that looks disgusting.

Wendler 5/3/1

Could I do this program everyday with no rest periods since it targets different muscle groups every session?

Probally not... I do it without the deload week (which is every third week). Read the book, it's a fast read

How long have you been doing it and how have your lifts changed?

height/weight/lifts?

typed out a longer reply but accidentally lost it, anyways i can help you out. i've done some work with athletes before, and i have time to kill while i procrastinate on some projects.

5'11''
170 lbs

Bench - 225
Squat - 310
Deadlift - 370

oh right, forgot to ask: what other fitness goals do you have? anything you do outside of the weight room?

are you just getting back into it, or have you already started hitting the gym?

Been lifting on and off for years. No more noob gains. Been doing PPLs trying to increase maximal strength. Been doing sets of 5-8

> One of these men claim natty status and sell fake programs based on that lie

eh, i meant to know if you were planning to go back after a few months/years or already started going back

usually because you want to increase work capacity slowly before you can start handing a full workout with any reasonable intensity.

anyways p/p/l isn't ideal even for a generalized setup. try horizontal/vertical upper/lower with your basic compounds + minimal assistance and periodize it, or just nuke it and go conjugate method (example: defrancostraining.com/westside-for-skinny-bastards-part3/)

A shit ton of calories and a shit ton of reps
dumbass

I'm already back breh, I've been lifting regularly for years now but have been stalling mostly.

I've heard push/pull splits 6 days a week with one working set (like a heavy drop set or something) for each exercise (in addition to a couple warm up sets) is good too, what are your thoughts? I want to minimize the useless junk, like endless reps of assistance that do nothing except get a pump but not sure whats good enough to keep and whats not.

high frequency works best.
look at what guys like sandow and saxon and hermann goerner and john grimek did - lifted 5-6 times a week, decently heavy, similar movement patterns each day, never to failure

b-but he's taken a polygraph!

Full body 3-6 x per week.

Squats, front squats, deadlifts, bench, ohp, chins, rows. The rest is fluff.

Every session do a hinge, push, and a pull, plus light fluff work if you choose.

Use conservative loads and set/rep schemes from Prilepins Chart.

Light cardio a couple times per week.

Pay me now.

t-nation.com/workouts/20-minute-muscle-builder

i do this. personal tweaks include 2 sets of5 for ohp (one top set, one backoff sets) and dips instead of bench. i find i can recover better doing dips and ohp instead of bench and ohp.

if youre too lazy to click, theres a DL/press m/w/f and a bench/row t/th/sat. 1 set of 5, 2 sets of 1, and a high rep backoff set with light weights. i also do lots of goblet squats to keep the squatting pattern in there, and will do a hevay squat every now and then (squats are by far my strongest lift so im letting the others catch up

rich btfo

Bump. Anyone else?

push pull legs for people who want to gain muscle
u sacrifice the strength gains due to sheer volume for your other body parts