Hey you, where do you grip when benching?

Hey you, where do you grip when benching?

Bodybuilding bitches don't need to answer. The part you grip probably isn't even in the shot.

left

Shoulder width

right there

Pinkies just inside of the inner ring (the two small rings). I think that's max legal width.

I think that is max legal width, do you have long arms? That's the only valid excuse.

Wider than most people I've seen, it hurts my elbows if I have too close of a grip

Pinky on the red line.

>I think that is max legal width
What you're going to do, sue me?

10/10 strong man width.

No, kick you out of the International real man's club.

Why is he naked? That just topped it off.

hello cryptid

Using a wider grip allows you to lift more weight which is my goal. It also seems to be easier on my elbows.

Ring finger on the first line from the center

The first line!?

ring finger on the first line

So what are the comprehensive pros and cons of different grip widths?

I've been favoring wide grip more because I want to work chest on the chest specialized compound, but I've heard it's bad for your shoulders? Is this true?

It's also annoying because if the bar is slightly off center my pinkies will get pinched while racking.

i'm sorry you're retarded to know which ring is which

max legal width is that the ring needs to be covered by your hand. that means that if you want, you could cover the ring with your index finger.

huh, that's about the distance i use, except the bars at my gym only have the outer ring. is there a special significance to the inner ring on the bar?

About the same here. I have short arms and a wider grip isn't nice on my wrists.

you don't bench naked?

Basically between the purple

So you only work triceps when you bench?

I've been doing it about 2-3 inches outside of shoulder width since forever. Currently at 5x5 245. Could I bench more with a wider grip? What would the benefits be?

I grab it by the pussy.

I'm a manlet, so the mechanics to the lift might be a bit different to what you're thinking (seemingly narrow grip will be relatively wider for me), but I will fully admit that my bench is rather triceps heavy.

Ring fingers on rings

My pointer fingers are on the outside purple marks

>but I've heard it's bad for your shoulders?
If you go below parallel possibly.
>Going so wide your pinkies hit the sides
Too wide.

Then why don't you get a bench shirt faggot.

Lift to get stronger

Wherever my forearms are completely perpendicular in relation to the bar when it touches my chest...

Just outside of close-grip works tri's more but also inner-pec more as well. The only way I can hit inner pectoralis is with closer grip and less tension on shoulders. Diamond push-ups too.

this

Like this, maybe a bit wider.

What width should I use if I want a lean muscular chest but don't want it to be puffed out like a body builders?

for flat bench, usually ring finger on inner ring.
for incline, ring finger where the knurling starts on the ohio bar.

Index fingers on the powerlifting rings. I'm 6'4, though, so it's not a particularly wide grip.

Spear thrower OHP

cross your arms over each other and put your hands wide enough that your elbows are touching

I grip with my index fingers about an inch from the smooth part in the middle. This severely triggers powerlifters :^)

I go wider, I sometimes get a niggly shoulder and it's not worth the grief

>I've been favoring wide grip more because I want to work chest on the chest specialized compound, but I've heard it's bad for your shoulders? Is this true?
No, not more than other grip widths.