OHP after bench

>OHP after bench

I do this every work out whats the problem OP?

Gud album

It reduces the amount I can OHP by like 33% compared to OHP then bench
i may be a 0th percentile turbodyel but it's frustrating

Dumb. Separate OHP and bench with some kind of other day unless your OHP progress is secondary to your bench.

Ohp on leg day in ppl?

Yes you can utilize the rack immediately after squats for OHP

Neat

NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW IM LOSSSSSSTTTTTTTTT

WHO BROUGHT ME HERE
FORSAKEN DEPRAVED AND WROUGHT WITH FEAR
WHO TURNED IT OFF
THE LAST THING I REMEMBER NOW

>that guy who doesnt lift to the mars volta

Good. Work it when your arms are tired so when you go for a PR you'll surprise yourself.

idk what your weekly schedule is like (PPLxPPL / PxPxLxx) but if you have two push days a week you can alternate which you do first.

>Lat pulldown after rows

Thats what im doing atm, why i can compare the two

Best way IMO. I even do it before legs as it warms me up and doesn't impact squats much if at all. Reppin lmao1pl8 and lmao3plates, nut sure if it'll make a difference when things are heavier.

Clean the weight up nigga

You can ohp your squat weight even

>doesn't impact squats much if at all
but what about diddlys?

also when doing shoulder with legs, doesn't this create some serious imbalances load-wise compared to push and pull days? I mean, legs + shoulders is pretty much a full-body workout, while push and pull are kinda low in load. Isn't it better for recovery to spread the load kinda evenly?

good way to fuck up positioning

I had to switch OHP to front so I can actually work on my shoulders before getting tired.

Both bench and OHP use the front delts, but OHP even more than bench.

Do bench first, and either use a slightly lower weight on OHP or initiate it with a hip push or do push presses.

Youd think so! But if your clean is decent it will set your back and shoulders in a nice tight position. I busted through a plateau doing this. It's worth a try, I learned it from a 70sbig video a few years ago and you'd be surprised.

70sbig is shit.

Do you catch the bar in the front rack position?
If so, you're starting your press with closed arms, elbows way infront of the bar.
That's really hard on the triceps and elbows.
Not a good idea.

I don't feel like shoulders/legs is a full body workout. It might hit a large portion of the body but post workout Im not destroyed like I would be if I did chest or back with legs. Shoulders for me consist of
3x5 OHP, plus perhaps a few sets of 10 with either weight if I'm feeling good
4x20 side delt raise superset with db Arnold press.

Legs I've had great luck with as little as 3x5 heavy and calves. After memeing SS a few years ago my legs are ahead of my upper body so I have the room to not hit them super hard. I enjoy training legs for strength only (other than calves) so I don't normally hammer them with the volume needed for hypertrophy.

I put rear delts on back day and throw some light sets on bench day since it makes my shoulders feel nice. I fucked up and neglected training them at one point.

All in all I've found it to be a very balanced day especially if you're doing something like chest/bi back/tris on other days. If you feel burnt you can always adjust volume as you see fit.

This is how I'd train I up to my current strength, 1/2/3/4 most for reps. Who knows how it'd work with more someone more advanced.

>I don't feel like shoulders/legs is a full body workout. It might hit a large portion of the body but post workout Im not destroyed like I would be if I did chest or back with legs.
I did not say legs + shoulders is an actual full body workout. Just comparing such a day to a chest/tris or back/bis day shows a large difference in load since the leg/shoulder day stresses a significantly larger part of the body. Now I am curious whether it's better for recovery to have two relatively (!) light days and a very hard day or if it's better to spread the load more evenly.

Just weight-wise it would probably be better for me in the short run since I'm a very triceps-dominant presser and my tris just can't handle heavy benching and heavy OHPing right after another. But idk about longterm, as it might be worse for recovery.

I started doing this kind of split because I was being too rough on my shoulders and its worked work for both lifts. Thryre different but we're both trying to not overuse a muscle so reasons are similar.

Take the veil and this apparatus must be stopped are so fucking good. I can pr to that shit anyday.

What?

I always start off with OHP, then i bench my 90%, seriously, i don't know if it's just me.

I'd first do OHP because it's more taxing in my mind, which kinda makes it like ive warmed up for bench, so when i go bench i can bench my regular 3x5 and not feel drained.

Try that OP, do OHP first then bench, I assure you that you won't be drained fofr bench, for some mysterious reason.

> not being retarded enough to do this

feels good, mayn. feels reaaaaal goood.