SS does ohp, bench, squat, deads

SS does ohp, bench, squat, deads

however clearly from symmetric strength the biceps and rotator cuff is practically unused

does this mean even if i follow SS strictly with perfect nutrition and discipline, i will have underdeveloped muscles in those areas? is this not a flaw?

also lifting from 3 months from ex skelly, pls rate progresse

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/AasgaardCo
youtube.com/user/artofmanliness
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Read the book. Rip instructs to do pullups and stuff as an accessory to hit those muscles.

Also, your progress is good. It's not bad at all. Keep up the good work bruh, we're all gonna make it.

What website is this?

Everyone knows that squats are the best way to build bigger biceps

Symmetricstrength (.) com

thanks user, i did think it was pretty slow because i have stalled for weeks after miscalculating my TDEE and i also keep getting random injuries while still learning my form. i try to ask other gym goers but they tell me things like dont go below parallel and stuff that i know is definitely wrong, and i dont want to post my video on Veeky Forums :((((

oh. okay, i guess i should read the book. is there an online version?

Don't rely on advice from gymgoers too much. There's a lot of broscience and bad advice out there. Learn form from a good strength coach if you can.

In all honesty, I don't know, sorry.

check me out OP did this a few months back but haven't improved my lifts TOO much - 1.25 plate bench, 0.5 plate ohp, 1.5 plate squat (been avoiding it) and 2 plate deadlift.

still looking/feeling dyel AF but pretty balanced imho.

basically you start to do the fuckarounditus routine every workout - while still hitting your main lifts (starting strength) you start hitting other lifts for fun like working a plank routine or a pullup/reverse grip pull up routine on rest days.

I also do farmers carry's every (SS) workout at the end to blast my grip strength because my dead lift is stalling on grip strength ffs.

heres the plank workout btw - the pullup shit I mentioned is just on the door to the kitchen so when cooking stuff or w/e I try and blast out a few reps

You should start doing chins (shoulder width grip) and power cleans. It's a complete bitch to learn power clean btw (I still have trouble with it) but it's very valuable.

I'm at about 2 and a half months dedicated lifting, 5 months total but those other 3 were half-hearted and fucking around so I didn't get anywhere.

After eating more, and getting my weight up from 147lbs to 171lbs i'm now at pic related, with symmetry score 81.

lifts:

>squat - 170lbs
>bench - 135lbs
>deadlift - 225lbs
>press - 100lbs
>power clean - 125lbs
>bodyweight chins - 13
>weighted chins (sets of 5) - 20lbs

so I would say SS is a very balanced program if you do the accessories he recommends.

seems like really fast progress considering you started with pink

i started all purple but it would seem that you are completely blue now whereas i am blue/purple

good work

There is a StartingStrength youtube channel where Rip shows how to do all the lifts with great explanations. Go there and learn: youtube.com/user/AasgaardCo

also the AoM youtube has videos of rip teaching the youtuber: youtube.com/user/artofmanliness

you should be doing accessories like they are suggested in a SS book

chinups/pullups, dips, rows, tricep extensions, back extensions, etc

Drop the SS meme. You want to put on some size (and generally get stronger since you're just starting out)? Do high volume bro splits. Train each muscle group on its own day, and do about 4 to 5 exercises per muscle group.Maximize your newbie gains while you can. SS will leave you with no arms and a good start on a fat powerlifting body.

i dont think its a meme, i honestly see my lifts going up by 2.5kg each day, and what was heavy yesterday is not heavy tomorrow.

to be fair i have not done any bro splits so i cant make a comparison, but SS is really doing it for me. i have tangible progress and i am happy with the speed i am progressing

building a strength base will help him in the long run, and it'll help him get big even quicker if he does decide to switch to bro splits in the future since he'll be able to lift more right from the start.

Starting Strength is:

Squat, Press, Deadlift, Bench, Power Clean and...

CHIN UPS!

Read the fucking book.

welcome to being a beginner. you can do virtually anything and make similar gains. long term, this tapers and youll weed out effective training vs non effective training.

not that i entirely agree with user on brosplits, but, just wanted to clarify.

honestly getting rid of powerclean for horizontal rows, curls and horizontal flys makes it juicier. the starter strength work out is a good baseline to customize for your goals

pic unrelated

>the starter strength work out is a good baseline

Well, it is called starting strength for a reason. You are supposed to do the basics for 4 to 9 months and then move on to a more complex program (technically when you can't recover by the next workout).

Anyone who does the program longer than that was just screwing around (i.e. Not doing the program).

Also, Power Cleans become more optional as you age.

Regarding the Row substitution, Rip says "Fuck rows. Get your deadlift to 500 lbs." He still thinks they are a good exercise, but that you should initially prioritize deadlift work.

He says fuck rows because he's tired of seeing people "doing SS" while changing power cleans for rows. His programme is aimed at athletes and power cleans are not replacable by rows in that regard.
Power cleans aren't optional as you age, theyre completely optional if you simply want to look good naked, just dont call it SS

rows are fucking useless. just do heavy deadlifts and pullups

It's long been a known fact that doing SS exclusively will get you a massively overdeveloped lower body and a massively underdeveloped upper body.

People in denial will say "wu-will-bu-but the book calls for accessory chin-ups for upper body..." ignoring that chin-ups alone won't make up the massive volume deficit.

underdeveloped upper body, really?

ohp for shoulders, bench for chest, dips for chest/triceps/back, chinups for biceps/forearm/back, bb curls for biceps, LTE for triceps, etc.

accessories are just that, accessories. they should be done in the 8-12 range. you get plenty of hypertrophy from that shit and they help raise numbers on your main lifts

in what fucking world do you live in spewing that shit?

nigga what? I'very been doing SS for 12 weeks. Too fat to do pullups/chinups, do Pendlay Rows instead. I'm not having this problem. As a matter of fact my biceps are one of only two muscle groups of mine that ate at intremediate level.

nice b8