Why can't I gain weight?

>be me, tall scrawny motherfucker
>weigh 143 pounds and have the fastest metabolism on the planet
>tired of being small (despite having some definition)
>start lifting 3 times a week, studying tons of workouts
>drink more water, eat much more, get my daily recommended amount of protein
>after 3 weeks notice gains and slightly more definition (only I can tell)
>2 more weeks pass
>weigh myself
>150 lbs
Wtf? How am I not gaining weight, if anything even fat, if I'm taking in more calories than I use? Should I take mass gainers or change up what I'm doing?

(pic related)

Should be 148lbs in the beginning. +/- 5 lbs can be lost/gained in food/water.

youre not eating enough..

Eat more faggot

Sleep more. No less than 7 hours, no more than 9. Make it the same wake up and bed time everyday.

Also, make sure you're going up +500 kcals from your TDEE. I you don't know what that is, then you didn't read the fucking sticky

calculate tdee
eat 500 more
????
gains

I did exactly this and gained 2kg this month.

Actually count your calories. You aren't eating as much as you think you are.

It just takes time. Chicks dig ripped dudes over Eddie Hall any day (unless they too look like Mr. Hall).

Smaller meals, more frequently, and you'll expand your shape, not flatten it out.

No simple carbs after 2pm, last meal of the day slow digest protein (cottage cheese, yogurt and high fiber fruit.)

>Lean looks good on you, tho'.

Just drink a 6 pack every night and eat some carne asada fries or chicken fried staeak and gravy before bed or something. ez

You gained 2 lbs per week and are mad? Some of that is certainly fat. You can only gain so much lean body mass per week, but there's not really a limit on fat so be careful of bulking out of control. If you're consistently gaining that is. Two data points is not ideal. You can easily gain or lose 6 lbs per day in water and other stuff like feces and bladder so we can't be certain what's changed in your body. I weigh myself every day and average it by week.
Also your metabolism is not unique, you are just really bad at counting your calories. I guarantee it. Just get better at that and you'll understand.

because you're not stimulating your insuling enough, you need to do the exact opposite of someone that wants to lose weight so processed food, sugar, flour are your friend, milk, cereals and stuff like that, eat it for enough time and you will gain weight, no question

>have the fastest metabolism on the planet
Please stop believing this nonsense. Even if you do have a faster metabolism than normal, it'll account for 200-300 calories at the very most. Calculate your TDEE, eat 500 calories more, you'll gain weight.

when i entered my stats it said to eat around 2900 for 1 lbs/week. tried eating at that and didn't gain shit. now eating at 3500 and i'm gaining that amount

it's a good estimate but that's all there is. trial and error

>130lbs of skinnyfat muscle
>calculate TDEE, it's 3200 (ballpark est)
>every time I eat anything I get sick
>sometimes even throw it back up I feel so disgusted with myself
>can't gain weight without eating
>can't eat without hating self
How do I cope with hating myself for bettering myself?

in what world is gaining 7lbs in 2 weeks "not gaining weight"?

drink you calories nigger

Just remember the 1st law of thermodynamics .

They never learn

you don't gain weight because nature dosn't want you to.
saved your pic and will be fapping to it later

>Everyone ITT so quick to post their meme advice

Do you all feel superior for copy pasting things from the sticky? This thread is better than all the other shitposting but it still doesn't deserve more than one post saying "read sticky".

You didn't even read his full post, he did gain.

LIFT THE HEAVY WEIGHTS FOR SETS OF 5

EAT THE FOOD

WHOLE MILK

PEANUT BUTTER

SHIT TON OF CARBS

DO NOT WORRY ABOUT PROTEIN INTAKE

AT LEAST 4000 CAL A DAY

THANK ME LATER

I'm going to fucking kill you ryan

yeah shit.
you gained 7 pounds after 3 weeks.
from 143 to 150. you clearly did not gain any weight. must be genetics, sry bruh.
might stop lifting after all, because you really don't gain any weight at all

There are literally only two reasons. You're caloric intake isnt large enough or youve got a tapeworm.