Do you use a squat sponge, Veeky Forums?

Do you use a squat sponge, Veeky Forums?

Fuck no

it's called puss pad

If you use this, then you love cocks in your mouth and your ass

I don't use it, but I still love cocks in my mouth and ass.

yeah but sometimes i have a hard time shoving it up my bum hole

found the masc powerbottom

Are you a delicious trap?

>I prefer bouncing hundreds of pounds of metal directly on my spine

you guys are cool

this doesn't increase surface area whatsoever, all it will do is make it so a soft sponge is touching your back rather than a metal pole

>what are traps

which absorbs impact and helps disperse the weight
people who think they are the other gender

Oh, you.

That's because you're using it wrong. You're supposed to wrap it around your dick.

found the dicklet

How am I supposed to get tight and pull the bar into my back with a huge soft piece of bullshit in the way?

Realtalk, i used one up until recently because i always had problems with my shoulder and neck joints.
But i since realised that i can get way better form without it.
When i used it, all the weight was pressured on my back.
Now i can properly use my arms to stabilize the bar.
Might only be a Placebo, but it works for me and that is all that matters at the moment.

Squat pads are like tampons, all pussys need one.

The pussy pad encourages shit form

what is that? is that for raising heels or something else?

Your traps should disperse the weight m8

2pl8, lightweight pussy.

his max was over 700

Only when I spill my squats

Is that a special kind of pad? I'm currently doing 70 kg and use the pad my gym provides (it doesnt look that thick) while wearing a hoodie. Still the bar is a little uncomfortable with that weight.

>his max was over 700
Not in that pic using a pussy pad he was m8

inhuman

Yes. For barbell glute raises/bridges. Shit keeps the front of my hip bones from getting bruised, which is the worst type of bruise you can imagine, as your belt/jeans rub into it all day.

is there any oly lifter with better physique than him? tian looks similar

>70kg
>heavy

How much does it weigh? If I can include it I will use one

Hey, that's how much I can deadlift...and squat...combined...plus 20kg. Fuck. That's beastly as hell. He's doing my entire "A" day 1RM volume in one lift. Jesus.

n-no homo right

That's almost as gay as using squat shoes, almost

No, I just let my traps absorb the load ;^)

That doesn't answer my question. 70 kg is almost as much as I weigh myself so it's quite heavy for me at least.

almost as gay as working out

The answer is yes: you are a fucking pussy.

Honestly, 70kgs is nothing. You are supposed to be able to squat that much untrained. Position the bar correctly instead of using the pussy pad.

user. Lifting shoes are the exact same kind of crutch as pussypads. You shouldn't need them if you have good form and proper genetics

You definitely aren't supposed to squat 70 kg untrained. If you can do it you aren't untrained. However getting an untrained person to 70 kg squat should be under 2 months.

bad b8 m8

Feels weird using one desu

pushes your head forward and promotes bad posture despite the ease on the shoulders

Explain how they aren't the exact same thing. One is extra padding for your neck, the other is extra padding for your heel. Both compensate for poor form and don't help you lift any more with or without. Prove me wrong.

I want one. It feels like I'm placing the bar right on the spine. I don't have much muscle mass in my traps and upper back to rest the bar on.

>You are supposed to be able to squat that much untrained.
This. On your first day. Make sure you're wearing sandals.

>neck
>heel
>same thing
user, those are two completely different bodyparts

You must be a pretty strong powerlifter with that strong opinion there bud. How much do you squat, 5, 6pl8?

A body weight squat is fuck all. I'm. Recovering from tendinitis and a back strain and I still squat over my body weight every time I'm in the gym.

I'll wager you aren't hitting depth with your squat either. I've never seen anyone using a pussy pad and getting anywhere near parallel

Both keep you from feeling uncomfortable and don't increase lifting capacity in the slightest. Get better form and it's not an issue.

It's a fact, not an opinion

> It's bait because I'm too btfo to come up with an actual reply

Neither help you with your gains, only your feels

>It's a fact, not an opinion
So much of a fact that everyone who lifts seriously uses them. They all must have shit form and genetics

If youre really bothered about the weight leaning on your back (which it shouldnt if you have a balanced body), youre still better off just wrapping your towel around it. The pussypads are too big and will fuck up bar placement, hurting your form

Do they immediately increase lifting gains or compensate for poor form. Simple question

i just wrap a towel around the bar.

Yes to both. People who have bad ankle mobility start to lift with proper form which in turn increases the amount they can lift.

What the fuck is that bench chart. After few months of training my set weights for every other exercise on that chart are either novice or extremely close to it. Yet bench would still be untrained.

That's gains over time with the help of the shoes. The only comparison I'm drawing is the pussy pad is the exact same thing

For barbell hip thrusts, yes. Even if I was a woman I wouldn't use it for squats

It's not over time, it's immediate.

I see new people weekly with bad ankle mobility that can't hit proper depth and they all do the same thing -- they lower the chest instead once they hit their mobility limit which pushes the bar forward out of position and they start doing good morning instead.

When they put plates under heels they can now hit proper depth with bar staying in the correct position which allows them to add more weight.

Are you telling me you can good morning more than you can squat?

I weight 72, and can do 10 clean reps with 120 kg. U new here?

you forgot to add that you never squatted before

According to this, I'd be advanced if I reached 2pl8 bench. I'm already 1.5 less than half a year in. Looks kinda iffy.

>he can't good morning the same as he can squat

How much is that? 250kg?

260. red = 25, blue = 20

If you have zero traps, you shouldn't squats hundreds of pounds but fix your fucking shit. Bar on spine is a 100% indicator for terrible form.

Yup, except that he was in there squatting for fucking HOURS. Of course the bar would shred his traps from the abuse. You dont need one for doing your 3x5 though.

i mean come on its only 2 plates

i can do that and im lifting for 2 months

pain from squatting without pussy pad goes away after like 2 weeks

fuck no
it depends on your stats but i was able to do 70kg with shit form after like 3 SS workouts

That's not untrained. It may be that you haven't lifted before but due to either sports, physical labour or some other reason you've gotten some strength. Someone who is truly untrained won't squat 70 kg when they're starting out.