Is the bench press falling out of style? I've noticed less people doing it at the gym...

Is the bench press falling out of style? I've noticed less people doing it at the gym, and more people here saying they don't like/do bench presses at all.

All the jack dudes at my gym only do incline bench and dips for chest.

Personally I prefer dumbell press, I'm less likely to get my head cut off when using heavier weights. Also im too social awkward to ask for a spot

At my gym (YMCA) a high percentage do bench. Lucky for me there are 4 power racks and most of the kids do smith machine bench.

fuck bench, weighted dips is where it's at and they work much more than chest

>Also im too social awkward to ask for a spot

LMAO reminded me of this

>be me
>turbo manlet
>squatting 4 plates because 5 years lifting and Im not retarded and i want to brag for this greentext
>semi-strong lanklet comes upto me: "ayy brah ur strong as fuck, do you mind giving me spot, your the only one id trust in here"
>he benching 2 plates
>go up to his bench
>the bar is so fucking high
>realize i wont be able to actually rerack the weight if he does fail
>he actually goes for like 15 rep and fails
>have to go on my tippytoes to rerack
>still cant reach
>end up having to go around the front
>pretty much on his lap
>deadlift the weight off him
>awkwardly rubbed lower body up against each other while doing this
>lanklet says : and i cant be bothered continuing with the story anymore

dumbell press is better, if you have a stronger arm it keeps it from carrying weight for the weaker arm.

It's an epic new meme to hate on bench.

Aint that a gay song?

Yup, by people who suck at bench. I mean my bench is garbage, but I'm not going to hate on it or people who do it.

Dumbell presses are usually more efficient, readily available, and ensure the weight is evenly displaced when lifting, also nobody likes me so I couldn't get a spotter

the problem with dumbbell is getting the weight in position when you start to lift heavy

I'm gonna try out incline benching for the first time today because of this thread, thx (will still be doing flat too tho)

It's completely useless for these reasons.

What are the benefits? Quarter inch extra ROM?

"stabilizer muscles"

It's so easy to look like an asshole while benching. You'll also always have that fear of having to do the roll of shame if you don't have someone to spot you. I prefer the dumbbell press over the barbell press for this reason, but I do both.

When you are recovering from an injury

when one of your arms is much stronger than the other

I guess this is it?

Just imagine doing a 100 kg dumbbell press, placing those 50kg in position...

I have a hard time believing people suck at bench. It's an extremely easy lift compared to the rest.

>Tfw power rack in basement with tightly spaced adjustable safeties so I can solo bench in safety
>Tfw maximum gains while training competition lift

At least 50% still doesnt bench with a little arch to actually use their chest 100%. I guarantee that

>It's an extremely easy lift compared to the rest.
>I have a hard time believing people suck at deadlift, it's an extremely easy lift compared to the rest
t. 250 dl, 130 bench

>have orangutan arms
>suck at bench
There you have it. On the positive side long limbs makes diddlying really easy.

with dl you can drop the weight at practically any time during the movement without any repercussion

you simply can't do that with bench, unless you don't have a neck

well get a spotter or bench in a rack

Just tip the bar to the side.

You can if you put up safety bars.

Seems like diet has taken over fitness, at least in normie discussions. Performance has a lot of diminishing returns and takes a lot of effort but any retard can buy organic spantreated chicken at wholefoods for $28/lbs.

You dont have a proper technique for that.
Stand up with you dumbells
Sit down on the bench whith dumbell over you knees.
when you are ready to lean on the bench and use you legs to push them on.

I wish, then I could finally get a weight workout done without waiting in line forever

trying doing that with 120 pounds

it starts to get a bit difficult

maybe if you're a manlet

its okay, I can only hope you're king of the manlets though,other wise roasties will never love you

My gym has one of those bench racks with two sets of hooks on it, one where the bar rests and another set right above your head in case you fuck up a rep. So I don't need a spotter. I love bench even though I suck at it.

>>tfw recently watched a bunch of videos on bench form and changed up my arch and my max went up 10 lbs

feels fucking good man.

how tall are you man?

>and i cant be bothered continuing with the story anymore
kys

>snap my shit up on lmao5plate deadlift despite decent form
>somebody on Veeky Forums recommends chiropractor
should I tell him?

Just when I start actually making progress with bench press, it seems that it may be a meme.

I hit [spoiler] 2 pl8 lmao [/spoiler] yesterday after a long time of never being able to do that weight

What weight should I go down to if I were to do dumbbells for chest press?

I do PPL and my current push days are:

bench press
rotator cuff things
incline flies
dips 5x5
arnie presses
overhead tri extensions

I dont really notice a difference. and those who dont bench are either dyel memelifters or roiders who use the smith bench so they can rep out their >200kg

As opposed to bench press that only works chest?

what I do is dumbbell press as warmup and then bench for the serious stuff

I also am sceptical about rotator cuff isos, especially at the beginning of the workout. used to do them for a long time because I had severe chronical shoulder impingement injury and if anything it made it worse

dips are a bad exercise which are rough on your shoulders. there are superior alternatives

>dips are a bad exercise which are rough on your shoulders. there are superior alternatives
If you do them properly, they're not any more "rough" than so many other exercises.

>squats are bad for your knees
>dl is bad for your back
>going to the gym is bad for your health
yeah fuck off

I'll try that, thanks. Maybe do a couple sets too right before triceps/leaving

I definitely feel it in my rotator cuffs when I do it, but I don't have any injuries. I got the tip from my sister who has been working out more than I, but she also told me to squat barefoot one time and then when I did it the other day she was like "lol no you wanna wear flat soled shoes or some shoe at least" so...

wut? I'm at a uni gym, everybody and their mother benches. the most high traffic area of the gym aside from the curlbro station

hell, that's all normies or casuals give a shit about if they find out you lift. nobody apart from those that do compounds even know what an ohp is

naah

squats and dl are very safe exercises but dips arent you dipshit

There are three benches at my gym and they're always taken. That's why I do it pretty rarely (and use a relatively narrow grip when at that). Always saw it as a competition lift really, otherwise you can get muscle and strength with so many other variations.

It's all about the diddly lift these days brah.

I hate bench press and always have

Can't get above 1 plate so I just don't bother with it

>tfw only lmao1pl8 bench