I'm looking to start keto...

I'm looking to start keto, any good reading sources I should look over to help my knowledge of things to stay away from and to stay on top of. Also good recipe sites and books would help.

Other urls found in this thread:

ruled.me/keto-calculator/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bacon xDD

ruled.me/keto-calculator/
is a good start to get your macros, although there is a lot of play. I'm doing keto to maintain a low BF right now. There's a lot of info on the web, and a lot of misinformation, both on the pro and con side, so take everything with a grain and salt. also eat grains of salt since you will flush sodium a lot. I personally hate the keto recipes out there that just emulate junk food and desserts. get your fat macro from healthier fat sources, seeds, nuts, coconut oil, olive oil, grass fed butter, eggs. stay away from trans fats. what are your goals and current weight/bodyfat?

oils
meats
cheeses
cruciferous vegetables. spinach kale all day
ELECTROLYTES- double fist magnesium, sodium, potassium etc first couple days

if you live by in n out, two flying dutchmen will be a perfect meal

oh and nuts, but be careful
also eggs

by a lot of play for the calculator, I mean with respect to the fat/protein ratio. It takes a lot more protein to get kicked out of keto from gluconeogenesis of protein than the calculator assumes, and since I'm trying to maintain my muscle mass, I've upped my protein to 1.5g/lb lean body weight and haven't been kicked out.

Current weight is 210 at 5"8' working down to 10-15% bf before bulking. I dropped 40 lbs but hit a big stopping point. Was suggested to change up the diet and keto was a suggestion.

I also do PPLxPPL

Yeah recommend a cut to 12% then a lean bulk after. Make sure you recalc your TDEE after dropping any significant weight. Do NOT bulk on keto, it's pointless. Keto is good for a cut because it's easier to stay sated at a deficit. I'm doing it for maintenance and it's hard for me to eat at my TDEE without feeling stuffed. Like said, don't ignore your electrolytes, especially when you're getting adjusted. I also take a probiotic on top of magnesium and potassium supplements. When they prescribed keto for epilepsy, they would have the patient fast for 48 hours then feed them eggs. You don't have to do anything that drastic, I got into keto in about a week just by cutting carbs. If you want, you can use keto sticks to check how you're doing but they stop working after a month or two when your body gets more adjusted and stops producing more ketones than it needs.

Thanks for that. I was suggested to recalculate any time i saw a drop in regular weight loss. So that was at the 15 mark and then now. I recalculated and still hanging on around 210 so I was suggested the changing up of the diet.

>falling for the keto meme again.

2407 kcal Daily Calorie Intake
20 g Net Carbs (3%, 80 kcal)
80 g Protein (13%, 322 kcal)
223 g Fat (83%, 2005 kcal)

not sure if I can believe that

Have had friends that are doing different things, one is powerlifting, one is body building etc. And many of them have had success. It's not something any of them have stuck with. They usually have done it in a 12 to 16 week phase. (I think I got their numbers right for weeks) then they stopped and switched back to there normal diet and saw success.

Well would that calculation be for your sustain weight. (I don't remember the term). So if you were to cut wouldn't you need to adjust the numbers?

It's not for everyone, for sure, and it's definitely not for every situation. It affects performance, but you can perform close to optimal after you're adapted. Of course if you want performance, you're probably not cutting anyway. In my experience, it's the fastest, easiest, and less akin to torture way to cut. Try doing a cut on a high carb diet. You'll lose your mind.

Yeah, like I said here I adjusted my protein. Actually you could just use the TDEE in the sticky for your protein and overall daily calorie intake needs and start from there. I think my fat intake is something like 60%.

I was a bit scared by the high fat (currently i'm eating at 30 prot, 50 carb and 20 fat)
I don't think my lifestyle is intense enough to burn all the fat since I only do a 30 minute upper body / arms workout daily while sitting on my ass at a desk job the rest of the day

>ketosis

Nah, even at a sedentary lifestyle you would be burning 1500 - 2000 kcal (depending on weight). As the saying goes, it's calories in and calories out. You are ideally not burning much protein calories since you want to preserve your muscle mass, and the carbs are being converted to glucose for the brain cells that can't use ketones (without carbs, your body will convert protein into glucose). The keto caloric needs are a bit higher than standard TDEE calcs since it takes some energy for ketogenesis.

>grain and salt

mfw

i agree with this though
>I personally hate the keto recipes out there that just emulate junk food and desserts. get your fat macro from healthier fat sources

If you think that is bad, look at the paleo recipes that emulate junk food.
>Paleo chocolate cake
>paleo burrito
>paleo french fries

have fun with your increase in all cause mortality

kaikki kuolee motherfucker

>meme diets

The true sign of the desperate fatty

A lot of body builders opt for keto for their cuts. It just got a bad rep because it was picked up by fatties who think it's amazing that they can drop lbs eating pizza with chicken as the crust, and then whine that they gained it all back because keto just enforced their bad habits. If you're gonna do keto, treat it like a real cut.

>A lot of body builders opt for keto for their cuts

only the shitty broscience ones

>body builders
>not all broscience

why just not do a low carb/carb cycling ?

babby's first projection

I wanna do this. But it's a lot easier for me to keto cut then lean bulk.