Chiropractic

Are chiros meme science practicioners?
How useful are they for serious injuries?
Should you ever go to one?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/labs/articles/21207089/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>be me
>day 23 of no fap
>become hornier than ive ever been cause of this
>literally feel like im going to explode
>pic related
>mfw

L A D S
A
D
S

meme

most things that naturopathic doctors espouse is junk science nonsense

Find one who studied as a 'mixer', not a 'straight' and you won't get stuff that sounds like nonsense. Even so, find a good one. Any asshole who can call themselves 'doctor' is still an asshole.

Is a chiropractic any better than a massage (without happy end)?

chiropractic is absolute bullshit

HIGH TEST

Pseudoscience bullshit. Some practitioners might be decent, but they're only doing what actual doctors do anyway instead of that spine cracking nonsense.

For low back pain it's aight, but if you're a young adult don't let those fuckers go near your neck , that is unless you like to stroke out and die

I literally fapped to the screenshot i posted...
My fucking FACE when i lost a world record nofap of 23 days TO FLOWERPOTS

Consult with your doctor for that specific injury.
Go see a chiropractor that's got his/her doctorate.
A fair amount of it is based on solid medical fact. (bloodflow, tension, CNS training)
There are the occasional quacks who ruin it for everyone.
Also unless you stop/fix whatever is causing the issues you will have to go back to get re-adjusted.

its bullshit

you played yourself

Medicine student here.
At my university, chiropractors get to take their bachelor's degree with the medicine students, and then they take their masters by themselves.
So, it's a 5 year university degree. They know their shit.

What kind of shitty-ass university is that? I seriously hope you're confusing them with PTs.

No joke, I think that chiros are witch doctors and a sham.

However, my daughter was well on her way to going to a 'special' school for developmentally disabled. One of the doctors did an xray and said that there was some sort of something going on with the bones in the upper neck and jaw that he thought could be causing nervous system problems that would cause developmental problems.

Went to a chiro for a few months, and the xray shows that the bones around the nervous system are no longer crowding the spinal cord, and my daughter is no longer testing as developmentally stunted.

I still kinda think that they are quacks, but I can't argue with results after the doctor referral.

What uni is this my man

I've been to physio and a chiropractor and I'll admit the chiropractor helped much more. That said, it's not like they are a magical cure. Most of the recovery is from stretches you do by yourself.

I'm sure some of them are quacks though but some can be reputable.

Their entire practice is based on pseudoscience, go see a good physical therapist instead.

Better than pts or mds when it comes to lifting related injuries.

[citation needed]

>ctrl f zai
>0 results

If a chiropractor successfully treats you, it's not because of the chiropractic techniques but the overlapping physiotherapy and orthopedic techniques they utilize alongside it. All that spine shit is bullshit. Any peer-reviewed literature speaking good about it is published by other chiropractors.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/labs/articles/21207089/

>Only one RCT reported beneficial effects of chiropractic in comparison with controls. Many studies reported no statistical and/or clinical differences between SM and controls [13, 16, 17, 21]. One may therefore question whether the financial investment into these trials, which must have been substantial, was worthwhile. Despite the dominance of discouraging findings, there is no evidence that chiropractic is becoming less popular. The website of the NCCAM also does not reflect the skeptical attitude which the RCTs warrant. The frequency of adverse reactions [13, 18, 23] in one of the study reached 30% [18]. Other studies [14, 15, 17, 19–22, 24, 25] did not mention adverse effects at all. In view of the fact that adverse effects of chiropractic remain a hotly disputed subject (e.g. [28, 29]), the omission to report adverse effects is difficult to understand. It might even be seen as a violation of medical ethics.

Every good physical therapist is also a chiropractor.

Yes.
Not at all.
No.
/thread