Why are gymrats so weak?

I've done some MMA and I have several friends who work in construction and the like and all of us have found that people who go to the gym can't really perform. In fights they don't seem to hit that hard, when you wrestle they don't seem that strong and at work they can't keep up with fat bastards in their fifties and if they have compete with a farmer who's bone and sinew they don't stand a chance.

I don't get why this is though. There are probably buff dudes who're really strong but most of the time it does seem like big gym dudes are useless outside the gym and I don't know why that would be.

That a cool sweeping generalization that youve supported with great anecdotal evidemce looking forward to a great thread

they aren't tough. simple.

that being said, neither are you.

Not TUF

>Implying the people how are component at lifting on this board do martial arts.
>Implying your friend isn't a angry dyel who is angry a chads for taking his qt3.14

Perhaps it came out wrong. I'm not saying that people who work out aren't strong but (anecdotally) there does seem to a lot of people who go to the gym and are quite fit and don't really seem to perform when out in the workplace or fighting.

Did not mean to imply that no one who works out at the gym isn't capable but if anyone knows how people who work out at the gym and have a lot of muscles seem to be fairly weak considering their mass.

Yeah that is so weird, people not training a skill aren't good at it. Who knew?

So you don't really grow general strength? It's mostly about sculpting your body?

Supposed I'd better spend my time doing something more worthwhile then!

people lift for different reasons. most guys here lift for muh aesthetics, and would get their shit handled in a fight, or surviving in adverse conditions.

but they will look good in smedium rugby shorts and slay all the puss. YOU ALL GONNA MAKE IT BRUHS.

This is Veeky Forums, worth while is a out side concept.

Like making more gr8 b8?

Maybe underdeveloped legs/core? Was muh ss meme right all along?

90% of the time it's just technique and conditioning.

If you don't know how to throw a good punch, you can be ox strong and you'll be less effective than a smaller person who knows what they're doing. You'll hit far harder than a smaller person who doesn't know how to throw a punch, but skill matters a lot.

Construction work, unless you're really damn weak, isn't so much about strength. It's about endurance. And how many people in the gym are going to practice doing the same shit for eight or ten hours straight?

>Complaining about the fighting
>ability of members of a Bangladeshi
>backyard chicken raising forum

It's all about leveraging your body to maximize power. It is why little girls can throw grown men across the room. Strength isn't a factor until they figure out to maximize

That is why a trained fighter beats a gym rat 9/10 times. Gym rat vs. normie will crush him because they are equal in their ignorance so the strength is back to being the number 1 factor

Sure you will. What have you done?

> abit of MMA

so you've learnt basic striking. Come back when you've fought faggot

cant into greentext

Because its all for show. Big muscles comes from high reps to failure. Strength (powerlifting) comes from the central nervous system. You can be big but not very strong, or strong but not very big. Or both or niether.

*Bodybuilding Crew* I Rep Back

A little day trip 'round the crunch.. Here is your first slice of crunch

Most gym rats aren't really very strong. Case closed.

Fact is that fighting or doing manual labour uses a shit load of smaller muscles that never get worked in most shit people fuck around with in the gym. Most gym rats are more concerned with looking good than actually being strong. They'll work bi's and tri's, go for more lats, bigger delts, do some ab work etc etc, but not get all the smaller stabilising muscles and connective tissues that actually contribute to someone being strong as fuck. Some of the strongest dudes I know are wiry motherfuckers who don't look like much but could twist your arm off because they've been working on engines in the freezing cold or working construction or on farms since they were 16. That shit will make you strong as fuck whether you like it or not.

But at the same time someone who can deadlift and squat 500lbs plus will be strong and if they kept up on their cardio most likely will be able to keep up with anyone. Especially after a month or two on the job. You can't get to those levels of strength on those lifts without being strong fucking everywhere. But then again someone with lifts like that probably don't fall under most people's thinking of a "gym rat".

Fair enough. Good poast

yup. strength is pointless without skill.

pretty true desu. When I was doing bjj regularly and didnt lift i would wrestlefuck guys into oblivion who looked way better than me. But now i lift instead and get girls so who's winning really.

Because experience/conditioning rules.

I remember playing tennis with my frail as fuck grandfather a few years ago and he could smash the ball like a motherfucker.

And working on a farm with an ex-heroin addict, smoked 2 packs a day and drank about 8 beers a night. He was a skinny skellington but could lift hay bales over his shoulder without breaking a sweat.

>why are people who don't do thing not good at thing?

i train mma and liting from like 3 years and i cannot lift 50 kg for mroe than 5 times

Because it's an entirely different thing. Someone who plays soccer is an athlete in the same way someone who plays basketball is an athlete, but it doesn't mean they're going to be good at the same things. It depends on what they've got experience in. Real simple shit here OP

Conditioning really is the only answer.

JJ/Running/Heavy lifting at work here.
I can't box or hit for shit standing up, I look pretty small even though I'm 190lbs because I rarely lift for mass.
Any time I spar with anyone they comment that i'm like a fucking rock, just as strong as anyone of them and a lot heavier then most of them.
My cardio skills also make it so I rarely if ever get tired, while less 1 minute in they are already panting.
I do wish I knew how to fight standing up though, but yeah condition your body to your strength and aesthetics always lose.

As far as punching power goes, gymrats are real clows. Punching is all about technical body movement and weight transition. If all you ever do is lift, you'd be an absolute pussy inside the ring, you'd get rekt constantly by guys you outweight by 50 lbs and you'll gas out in less than a round.

t. boxing fag

My mate who competed in oly lifting at a national level got into MMA, watched him do the grappling stuff and he absolutely fucking dominated guys with 3+ years of experience in judo and MMA.

OP is not talking chit.

> Muh farmers hand strength
> le lifetime working in the field is real strength meme
> Secret stabalizing muscles that no one knows about aren't trained when performing basic movement that increase muscle size and therefore strength

Nice post there memelord. Maybe you should become fisherman for a living, then have a strength contest where you magically defeat everyone because of the secret tissue connects that people never train.

t. fatasfatass