Son is 5 years old

>son is 5 years old
>been feeding him a healthy, nutritious diet since he was born
>never ever buy him shitty junk food or shit pumped full of preservatives and additives
>makes a friend in preschool
>asks to go to his birthday party
>he eats all kind of lollies and chocolate and chips and cake and shit for literally the first time in his life
>literally will not stop asking me to buy him this shit to eat now
>can't get it through to him just how bad it is
>will flat out refuse to eat his vegetables cause he says they taste bad

What do I do Veeky Forums? How do I make him healthy food that he's gonna actually WANT to eat now? Cause he keeps asking for "the food at james's party"

Why are you such a pussy?
Humans start off as a tabula rasa, meaning his actions are determined by something someone taught him. There's no way for him to be so rebellious unless you taught him to be so.
Reassert yourself and deny him what he wants while at the same time treating him like a human and explaining why he should eat healthily and he should come around.

You fucking pansy

The forbidden fruit is the most tempting one OP.

You should have let him have a small amount of it from the start. Reinforce the idea that it's a treat, not the norm. It's like kids who were dominated by their parents their entire lives end up on a power trip once they go to college

should have given him a bag of pistachios instead of candy cuck

ITT: retards

all kids hate vegetables. if he doesn't eat them, he doesn't eat. he'll learn real quick to eat what's given to him. have you tried telling him that the food at the party is for special occasions and not for every day?

Butt rape him and then give him a snickers bar. He'll never ask for candy again.

Fuck man that sucks that other parents shitty choices are messing with your kid. Maybe change his diet, and reward him with a small amount of candy or chocolate if he finishes his dinner? Also, consider finding different ways to make your meals that appeal to him more.

I was thinking of doing something like putting a small bag of chips or a chocolate bar in his lunch for a treat on wednesdays?

I didn't give him the food, I was just observing with the other parents as he ran around and had fun

Tell him that eating thst shit will kill him. You wouldn't be lying.

When I was a toddler my parents got me to use a toilet by telling me that if I don't worms will come out my butt.

Might help if you help him understand they won't hurt as the occasional treat. You sound like a shitty strict parent.

This. Jesus Christ you fucks, he's a kid. Let him have a little bit a candy every once in a while. He'll be fucking fine, I promise you.
>other parents shitty choices
Having candy and cake at a 5 year old's birthday party is a fucking shitty choice? Are you people fucking insane?

/thread

Pseudo-intellectual bs.

Really nothing you can do but keep cooking healthy and let him have sweets in moderation.

If you refuse to give him it at all any hes just going to get it from friends and especially the parents of his friends who think they are being rational in poisoning someone elses kid in the name of being a cool parent.

This. Not letting him have a little bit of junk food was a bit of a bad idea no offense desu. When I was growing up and for what ever reason i Didn't want to eat my dinner my dad would say "to bad this is all I made for tonight" I never became a picky eater and had no choice but to eat what was made. I'm honestly really thankful my dad did that when I was growing up

>muh tabula rasa
>believing shitty memes that have been wrong since the Englightenment

bro if you think that human behavior is not influenced by genetics and hormonal factors that come into play well before birth, you need to update your library past the 1600s

I think giving him few treats would help him as you could tell him he can only eat them after veggies.
Probably could make better choices than most, instead of straight up candy dark chocolate and little rice cakes could work, I don't know.

Good advice, I was going to suggest the same thing. They will eat vegetables if they are hungry. Maybe let him help prepare the food? Would be good to know what works.

ITT: Orthorexia.

>You should have let him have a small amount of it from the start.

your kid is going to grow up, and in his rebellious age he is going to eat every fucking thing he wants and will balloon to a 300lbs fat beast and then blame you for sheltering him and "genetics"

enjoy.

> tabula rasa

Kek gr8b8

>implying he does'nt like it and will start asking for his daily candy-and-buttsecks all the time

parents used to tell me if i stay naked for too long my dic will fall off and i'll turn into a girl to prevent me from running around naked all the time

put some rocks/weights in his backpack and tell him to walk around with it for a whole day to show him how being fat feels like

You must start feeding him so much garbage he turns fat and disgusting. After this you will no longer call him your son.
Meanwhile you'll get a new son. You use your old offspring as an example for you new son what will happen if you start eating garbage. It will be like a fat hate thread but not online.

Learn to cook you fucking dipshit

I have 3 brothers, growing up Saturdays were our candy days. We'd all get little bit of candy of our choice. Now that we're all closer to 30, none of us has ever really been fat

Kids will get a lot of sugary shit everywhere, you can't help that. And sugar is like a drug to children. Just give them a dose low enough and they'll be satisfied but not overdo it. If you cut all of it, the moment you start giving your kid money it'll all go to sweets and what not

>kid used to eat green beans raw from backyard garden
>loved all fruits and ate carrots untill passed out
>lazy sack of shit mom bought him mcdonald's once on her saturday and it was all downhill after

I feel you OP. Same situation here. He won't go back, I'm sorry. I kept my five y/o mostly from TV and video games and all that normie kid crap, too. He used to love to just go outside and play and pretend and have an imagination. Once they kit K and see what the other kids have it's all over. I can see more than ever now the world has been designed to turn you into a slave to things. Food, entertainment, plastic junk.

I give my kids popcorn on fridays and some candy on saturdays, works fine. But my wife really likes to fika and that i hate that.

give him a a fatty snack but taint it so it tastes like utter shite

let the kid bulk up you nasty dyel!
Dirty bulk is best bulk!
You want your kid to be picked up by bigger kids in school?????
He will be a skinny beta bitch eating healthy

Kid's sense of taste is different, as he gets older his taste will become more mild, still try to feed him vegetables

shut up dyel
The kid clearly need to dirty bulk or the other kids will buttrape him as they think he is a sissy trap that eats healthy and has a feminine skinny body!

Just buy him sugar free sweets. He's too stupid to know the difference.

Show him pictures of fat people and smugly tell your wife's son that he's a pleb.
Or
Make him workout after he eats junkfood
Or
Trick him into thinking that protein bars are candy

Tell him that if he eats healthy and stays active and athletic he can fuck a ton of sloots when he's 14 and over. Literally the only answer.

Pavlovian response op. Put some sit in unhealthy stuff that will make the kid violently ill. Continue this treatment and he will associate food with the sickening feeling, its like that bit in a clockwork orange

My parents did this with my brother, same shit happened to him at a birthday party he went to. Now my brother is obese and eats unhealthy shit everyday.

You will have to get some good recipes to make veggies taste good to the younglings.

Don't let him be around other children and force him to lead a non-degenerate lifestyle. Many geniuses had fathers who did this to them so they could devote their time to shit like math and becoming fluent in ancient greek by the time they're 8. Remove all friends from his life user, they will only prevent him from becoming Veeky Forums and turn him MEDIOCRE. You don't want to father an everyman do you?

You seem to ignore learned experiences can also severely impact a person, especially if encountered at an early age.

If I show a kid a bunny and then slap him across the face every time he sees it, he's probably not going to like bunnies anymore.

Skinner, Watson, Pavlov, all of fucking behaviorism and their countless experiments say otherwise. A lot of UNCONDITIONED behaviors are determined by hormones and genetics. CONDITIONED behaviour is all about exterior rewards/punishments. Say for example you had not troubles in your early life what so ever doing public speaking, but then all of a sudden in middle school everyone starts laughing at you whenever you get on stage. That would probably make you fear public speaking wouldn't it? And thus public speaking has been turned into something associated with ridicule instead of something fun like you previously found it. Read up on Pavlov's dogs or Watson's little Albert experiment for reference.

Let the little ingrate starve.

Candy is pretty awsome most of us are just so used to it that we don flip or shit over it

sounds to me like you rised a kid thats still capable of enjoying candy the whey you are ment to enjoy it

Tell him excess is bad and give him one candy, if he wants another one give him a candy that has a violent dose of laxatives or other thing that will make him have a bad experience. Repeat until lesson learnt

Spank the little shit. THat's what my dad did to me and I learned fast.

feed him NOTHING but candy for 3 days straight. Nothing

he'll feel like shit and never touch anything sweet again. Or die, in which case he was weak to begin with. Be the wolf user

>raising a child with a zero sum form of education
You're a god damn fool. You never EVER restrict something 100% from your child.

You give him candy, in moderation, and teach him about it. You dont give him no sweets, no chocolate, no chips.

>taking parenting advice from Veeky Forums
dont do this dadanon

>>never ever buy him shitty junk food or shit pumped full of preservatives and additives
So what you're saying is that you're an overprotective parent whose going to lose control of your child once he hits puberty.

Seriously, if you are giving him a good diet then him having some junk food every now and then is absolutely irrelevant to his health or development, hes already WAY ahead of the curve for the other kids who don't get a good diet and get the living shit spoiled out of them.

If you dont teach him moderation hes going to turn into a lard ass because he never mentally learned how to control himself outside of you controlling him.

Let him have a chocolate bar every once in a while you freak

This is interesting.

Im preggers now and i want the best plan to make son eat well and be athletic in childhood.

What NOT to do's and worked well for you and your brothers to be healthy/athletic.

(I have no knowledge of 'boys' since grew up an only girl with mom and she taught me to diet but not exercise.)

this guy is literally the devil and does not have kids

You are a woman, right?

Not really any way to avoid it other than not letting your kid go to parties. You don't want your kid to be a social outcast

Based parent.

Wish my parents weren't such pussies.

They created me as a soft entitled brat - Altough i'm sure they had the best intentions.
Learned to be hard after adulthood, after reading Nietzsche.

Stay based, OP. Don't let your compassion ruin your kid's success.

Go get a family size bag of chips and force him to eat it until its finished or he wants something else.

If hes an absolute madman and eats it and wants more then I'm out of ideas, teach him the importancr of a balanced diet and reinforce exercise and a healthy lifestyle or some shit. The kids in preschool you could probably empty a bag of potato chips with veggie sticks or something.

Dont let your wives see this, some of you are ok.

Kek let your child have a treat sometimes and quit being a bitch

this

Kids love candy wtf is wrong with you? what is a childhood without candy or chocolate?

Feed him the shit he asks for with laxatives. It won't take long for him to connect the dots.

It's like I feel today: if I "treat myself" with those shitty carbs, almost always I have headaches hours later, feel tired, and wake up with start of a cold the next morning.

You're quite honestly a twat OP, no better than those parents who forcefeed their children vegan food because it's their lifestyle.

Drug your child, incredible advise. That's definitely not a crime.

dude you fuck up. you forgot that you need to expose your child to candy and a little bit of that stuff so he dasnt binge it. his dopamine levels are raised on that shit so he wants more

Either way OP wins.

Feed him with delicious steak, potatoes fries with good olive oil, butter, a nice salad with extra seeds and vinegar, so he will be full and not hungry at all.

learn to cook

Make home made musili flapjack or just musili or stewed apples or fruit something, pb and banana milkshakes. Tell him James is gonna grow up to be a count with adhd and anger issues with bad teeth and will never get pussy.

Should do the trick

Children don't work like that. Besides, the food Will be kind of wasted on him since children have an underdeveloped sense of taste.

Read the sticky you fucking faggot I bet you have gyno

you basically made your son a homo by insisting he be straight. You did it the wrong way. You should have allowed him to occasionally eat sweets but never called them "treats" or use sweets as a reward. You should have gave him a varied diet where he'd learn to like good fruits and veggies (not the shelf stable shit they sell in most supermakrt chains) and other wholesome foods.

It's like not allowing your 15 year old to drink the occasional beer or hit a bong, once they leave for college they turn into druggies.

Children like meat . When adults say about healthy food, most of the time mean health for 50 years old, with heart problems in concern and low metabolism due to old age. Usually they force their horrible old people diet to their children. I remember as a child I was always hungry. Healthy for a young boy is something like I described, delicious with good fats, and quality carbs. Also an occasional chocolate is not bad idea.

Make him GOMAD
A gallon of calcium juice will make him grow strong

Tell him straight out you're not buying that shit for him and leave it at that. Don't even give him the slightest idea that he can argue or negotiate his way to get it. Keep making him the same healthy meals. If he doesn't want to eat, then let him go without food for a bit. Once his spoiled first worlder-ass starts to feel hunger, he'll come around. Just make sure that healthy food is always accessible for him so no one can say you're purposely starving your kid.

Don't cave in. Don't be your son's bitch.

Let him have a treat after the finishes his real food.

>Rewarding your kid for doing some basic and essential task for living
Right. Give him some candy for breathing, too.

everyone loves wednesdays, would be great

>Not making your kid go on a dirty bulk
>Not starting him on SS and GOMAD
>Making it as a 5% mutant kid

4 SCOOPS OF CHOCOLATE WHEY! CMON DAD.

this is how millennials have been brought up.

Give your child what it want.he will not lifting anyway

When I grew up we used to get candy on Saturdays, usually in the evening after dinner. We got a little bowl each with different stuff in it and I always enjoyed that. That was enough and neither me or my siblings ever had any issues with candy.

Give him a piece of candy once a week.
One piece, once a week, no more.
Thru the week feed him fruit.

As a kid we always ate healthy, we would also have a single piece of chocolate after most meals at home. He's going to feel like he's missing out if he gets nothing now.
Fuck I'm not looking forward to other parents messing with my kids.

Smh desu senpai

Is this the Veeky Forums version of being a shitty parent

Let him have saturday candy! We do this in Sweden. It's a tried and true social tradition, based in science (the nazi kind; we fed a sugary fudge to mental patients to test how it would affect their dental health). Only let them have it on saturdays, and remove it for the week as punishment if they eat candy at any other time or seriously misbehave. It's a powerful tool, but don't get too greedy with removing it as a punishment, it's pretty powerful.

>preggers

Abort it

OP here, thanks for all the tips and info guys, didn't even realise this thread was still up and going

>Nazism has done more for learning proper methods of child-rearing than any other ideological system.

okay now post pics of yourself daddy