When did you guys realise that deadlifts and squats are not worth the risk of injury?

When did you guys realise that deadlifts and squats are not worth the risk of injury?

Other urls found in this thread:

mysquatmechanics.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

On the first injury

I still want to squat my body weight

theyre fun

ive hurt myself once doing deadlifts and its not bad

ill be back doing them in about a week

The only way to injure yourself doing squats / deads is shit form / ego lifting. That's it.
They're the greatest exercises for overall growth and strength if you execute them correctly.

>The only way to injure yourself doing squats / deads is shit form / ego lifting. That's it.

Come beck when you're moving more than babby weight

> muh injury

ironically it's the other two major compounds, bench and standing OHP, that have given me injuries. barbell rows are also a shit especially pendlay.

260 bench / 335 squat / 420 diddy

nothin crazy but i think does don't count for 'babyweight' user.

lmao

>just came back from doing squats
>had to climb under desk to unplug a printer
>totally fucked my back
>mfw

I am supporting your point, but have to say that these do count as baby weights.
Unless you weigh like 60kg.

i think your low test made you open this thread.
you should do more squats and deads to raise your test.
then you would stop being a little bitch and workout your body.

WHATS SO FUNNY DICKLET?

By more than babby weight I'm talking about deadlifting 250kg+

Well I'm not weighting in at 60kg but I'm not a pro powerlifter either.

This place is interesting. Apparently here everybody and their cousin benches 4 plates, squats 5 and pulls 6, and yet in my 1 year of going to the gym regularly I have seen maybe two guys pull over 5 plates, one squat 4 plates and maybe 4 bench 3 plates.

At my gym probably 10+ people deadlift around 300kg or more

You probably just go to a commercial gym

No one said that everyone does that. It's just that the potential is so much higher for a natty casual lifter, that it just has to be seen as baby weights.

You just said Yourself that you went to the gym for ONE year.
What other than baby weights could you be lifting with this training age?

The risk of injury is minimal if you're not a fucking idiot and don't ego lift.

Wasn't really related to me broseph. I'm green to lifting, I know that. 12 months is nothing in the grand scheme of things, and I know my lifts are not impressive.

It's just that I have NEVER seen people lifting the kind of weights that people here define as " not babyweight ". I go to my Uni gym so maybe that's why. Frog in a well I guess ?

Most people in the gym train terribly and don't really know what they're doing. The potential they have is pretty high but different people have different goals and most aren't willing to put the effort in to reach them.

Would say that most people could reach let's say 2/3/4/5 ? I know that I'll reach it someday but I honestly think it's unattainable for like 90% of the people at my gym.

Is it truly lack of effort ? Doesn't genetic / build also play a big role ?

squatting 400 at 165 for 5x5. never had any pain and i'm still increasing the weight every week or so

use proper form, stop lifting with your ego and most importantly, listen to your body. if you exercise those 3 things it's almost impossible to get hurt

>use proper form,

Many people do not have good enough proportions to squat with proper form

Front squats >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Back squats

For aesthetics ofc

mysquatmechanics.com/

show me

post vid

I agree with Quad completely... if you don't want strength / big legs -no need to do them.

I personally want disgusting looking legs... so I do em!

Fwiw its a shame that Veeky Forums is so BB/ strength training focused.

There are a lot of people who could reach 2/3/4/5, I'd probably say most if they made it a priority.

Of course muscular/strength potential varies massively acrosss the population but it all falls into a bell curve. People sitting to the right hand side of the 'strength potential' bell curve should be able to hit those numbers.

That also means there are people who fall into the bottom percentiles. And those people they will never be particualrly strong or muscular. They'll still get huge benefits from strength training but it's harder for them because they have to accept slow progress and learn to find enjoyment in the process insetad of the results.

'Proper form' doesn't exist as a single way to do things.

Good form is individual to the lifter. Just hit parallel and move as much weigth as you can as safely as you can and you have 'proper' form.

>not living in the fast lane
>literally avoiding some of the best shit in life just because you're afraid of potential injury

Mane fit is bitchmade tbqh

use wider stance

you're wasting your time. whenever anyone here posts numbers that aren't dyel people will try bringing him down. but lo and behold if you then post your body in the current body thread you'll get a barrage of mires.

just ignore Veeky Forums. your numbers are good.

wrong reply

>tfw 350 bench, 475 highbar and 540 deadlift
>fit thinks im estatting

Heh, man that really does say soemthing about how low the standards are on here.

Veeky Forums everyone

most of the people here are retards. some guy says he fucked his back doing squats and deadlifts and everyone starts hating on them when in reality if he posted a video of his form you would be wondering what the fuck he was doing

Yea man, ever since i started squatting and deadlifting my back and knees have been feeling great. Sure ill have some aches and pains but nothing like it used to being a sedentary pos. People on here need to quit being pussies.

case in point, doing 2+pl8 with that form

>just ignore Veeky Forums. your numbers are good.
>your numbers are good.

Lmao

Squats are necessary
Diddlys are meme

>Squats are necessary

Thing is, you're literally a bitch if you dont do them.

People who will post these things along with arguing why you shouldnt /need to squat are people who havent even tried them in the first place becuase they're hard and >scary

>you're literally a bitch if you dont do them.

Back to ledit pls Mr fedora

Do you think people who don't curl are bitches?

Thought not

Why is there this weird fucking circlejerk surround squats online

They are just an exercise. If you don't want to be a powerlifter you don't have to do them.

ahahahahahhaahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahha

this and only this

If you have long limbs/ find it hard to squat, try holding onto something while bringing your ATG

Why cant people enjoy the benefits of squats, hitting PRs and burying heavy weights for gym creds without having to be a PLer?

t. a worm wrapped in shrimp

t. Mr ego lifter

>denying the fact that catching people mirin your heavy squats will make you feel good about yourself

jesus christ Veeky Forums

>SQUATS/DEADS DANGEROUS!!!
>confronted with why and how they aren't
>WELL YOU'RE NOT DOING THEM HEAVY ENOUGH

>miring
>not watching to see if your back explodes

>tren

Jesus christ, do you really think he'd respond that well to isolation if he wasnt frauding?

>the natties have to train for strength while roiders to high reps and meme exercises meme

lol this guy, what are your lifts anyways?

no, im saying natties benefit more from compounds than isolation. Isolation shouldnt be 1st priority.

>roiding

Enjoy never making it

Another one falls for the meme

>squats
thanks, but no. front squats are goat.

This guy knows

>taking advice from a man wearing denim short shorts

>making it

> HGH AND SLIN ARE NECESSARY

>Michael Phelps
>cuts hard
and even Zyzz said to do heavy squats and deadlifts to force growth

After i injured my back

>someone actually capped the ramblings of a trip who refused to post pics of himself

>roiding to be so disproportionate
Jesus fucking Kek

Zyzz also died in a sauna at 22. If that's your goal then go ahead, squat all you want.

I can understand why people squat and deadlift, just because a few idiots don't do them properly and injure themselves doesn't mean its a bad exercise.

>right glute still sore from squatting from 4 fucking days ago
Man I'm an idiot.

I don't squat or deadlift and I still make good gains so I don't really care. I have a good reason tho.

Some people love squats and deadlifts.
Some people enjoy strength training.

>WHY DO PEOPLE SQUAT

I have never ever hurt myself doing Deadlifts or squats, I have however injured myself while benching, both my front delts to be specific. And even that was probably just due to shit form, not the exercise in itself.

I gave up back squatting as I couldn't learn it alone. My form sucks and hacks on youtube don't help too much. DL was easier to learn so I do that + stuff like goblet squats and lunges.

if you go to the gym you can just ask someone who squats more than 2pl8 to check at your form and give you some tips

This is why I don't deadlift. I know too many people, for whatever reason, fucked up their backs and advised against it. I already have lower back pain for being an old fag so I don't risk it.

Sounds legit I suppose. Haven't really bothered as I'm making gains as it is. Or perhaps I'll record myself doing it and ask online.

No they don't.

This!

Post videos of lifts and body. Actually just post body with time stamp, that'll be a enough to laugh at.

i stay away from the squats like the plague.

Aint no way i am going to inflate my legs to balloon my ass and the sides. That is borderline feminine. Fuck that. Leg curls only.

when i joined the masterace