Nutrition student that is soon to be dietician here. Beside my education i have nutrition and health as a hobby...

Nutrition student that is soon to be dietician here. Beside my education i have nutrition and health as a hobby. I am aware of most trends am would say im quite good at seperating fact from fiction. I also have a very neutral view on conflicting opinions in the nutrition world.

Ask me anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

jblearning.com/catalog/9781284021165/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

hoe many protons do i need?

Might want to add, i wont actually go to work as a dietician, my passion lies in prevention and education, but i will get my dieticians license since thats a standard in my education.

Nutritionist here
he's full of shit

Well, depending on your size etc, you really dont need that much. Probably around 40 or 50g. But that depends on your definition of "need". Are you someone that lifts that wants to know what amount of protein is optimal for muscle gaining?

>nutritionist

Lol

I am a state approved nutritionist.
I estimate the amount of shit in OP to be worth about 4760.5 calories.

I haven't even given any advice yet and you randomly feel the need to say that i spread lies? How does that even make any sense? If you feel the need to randomly troll threads, please go somewhere else.

Since it's winter and the sun is less. Should I get some vitamin D supplements or is it just a meme

When did you realize that knowledge based degrees are completely worthless in a time where everybody can look up everything in 15 seconds with his smartphone?

What's the difference between a nutritionist and a "dietician"?

Clear case of too much fiber causing butthurt.

Yes just a meme. You can get sun even in winter.

There is no difference. Just different words for the same thing.

90% chance you're a woman
Now go away with your worthless degree, this isnt redshit

"Dietitians are regulated healthcare professionals licensed to assess, diagnose, and treat nutritional problems."

"A nutritionist is a person who advises on matters of food and nutrition impacts on health."

"However, in many countries and jurisdictions, the title "nutritionist" is not subject to professional regulation; any person may call themselves a nutrition expert even if they are wholly self-taught."

My smartphone is literally better than you in your field of expertise.

Seems like OP was a faget yet again.

So far op spread 3 lies
Good job you fucking numbnut, scientific practice hasn't been part of the curriculum I see

Maybe i should have been tripping, because i am OP. Vitamin D is definitly not a meme. A lot of countries have a winter sun that is not enough to even produce vitamin D. A lot of people have a genetic defect that causes them to make very very little vitamin D. Being older or having a tan lowers your abilityu to make D.

Taking vitamin D is the norm. Defintily take it.

Op here, this comment isnt me

I forgot to add that an adult can take about 15000 (15 IU - international units) mg of Vitamin D a day. Back in the day people believed even 2000 would be too much, but that is only the case for infants. Recent studies and government recommendation have shown doses of up to 20000 mg to be beneficial, especially in winter, with no long or short term side effects.

Im actually a man, but ye, the education is about 90% female. I also agree that the degree doesnt mean much. A lot of people who come from my education still dont know much. The average dietician is generally quite naive and biased on certain subjects.

This is not OP again, the doses he recommends here can lead to an overdose, do not follow this advice.

Just stop answering for me already. I am OP and that guy is spreading lies. Never said anything about my gender.

Ok you won. Im going to leave this thread. Sorry to everyone that actually wanted to know something. But ill let fake OP take over now.

What is a good book that will explain the basic dietary requirements, preferably of men and women down the the micronutrient level explaining what each vitamin does effects wise etc... Something very lightly medical maybe. Basically that doesn't refer to superfoods, or if it was to it would do so like this... 'superfoods'

Preferably something with scientific structures down to foods and diet, details regarding troubleshooting digestions problems and signs for spotting deficiencies.

I have always been interested in reading something like that but there is so many shit diet books written with pseudo science that I have been reluctant to start throwing money away on a list of RDAS and eat carrots in the dark will you see better.

Surely you must have a handbook that everyone starting out should own.

What's the best book about nutrition?

jblearning.com/catalog/9781284021165/
This is a pretty good book when it comes to micronutrients. Its a general learning book without any pseudoscience or fad diets

It also handles all macronutrients obviously, and it explains how our digestive system works.

>dietician
what's life like on a minimum wage?

>Dietitian
Why did you throw away so much time and $$$$

This is the situation where having a trip is okay fyi OP

I do not intend to actually work as a dietician. But the dieticians license comes standard with the education here in the netherlands.

Ok op here, this is now my tripcode

That's pretty much what I was looking for. I'll have a read when I can pick up a copy from a hungry dietician graduate who needs to eat.

Kek

Depending on what country you live, the colleges might not have that book as a standard, so in that case it might be harder to obtain it.

If you're a female muslim(you wear a burqa) who lives in alaska, is black, and who never goes outside.
Then definatelly yes, otherwise it doesnt really matter

I take vitamin D everyday. 3000IU. Here in the Netherlands, most other european countries and alot of the norther states from the USA and canada etc, the sun currently is nowhere near strong enough to make us produce enough vitamin D.

What do you think of the paleo diet? Not all the shitty versions that use honey to make cookies, but just eating meat and veggies with maybe a serving of fruit and nuts daily.

if i live in central europe and am straight white male with okayish diet and moderate levels of physical activity do i need to/ should eat any supplements?

Diet soda.

What do you think of veganism?
What do you think of keto?

Is there any basis or advantage avoiding meat?

>thiswholethread

>You can get sun even in winter
as a finnish person I feel mildly irritated

>20000 mg
nigga, do I get a free liver with that

>>You can get sun even in winter
Yeah how tf can we get sun when it doesn't show/come up at all.

>dietician
hahahaha
Hahahah
HAHAHAHAHA

ingredients:
>high fructose corn syrup
>dextrose
>sugar
why is this allowed?

how much proteins are recommended for optimal muslce gain?