Anyone ever been on this while lifting? what are the benefits?

Anyone ever been on this while lifting? what are the benefits?

If it's anything similar to prednisolone
which Google tells me it is, expect amazing lifts and energy whilst lifting, downside is the crippling depression as a side effect, suicidal thoughts, self hatred and depreciation.
There's a reason they're short term medication

There are no benefits from that. It's not an anabolic steroid. It might stimulate your appetite though so that could be a plus or negative

Not much really. It's a corticosteroid so has no androgenic anabolic properties. It's an anti-inflammatory so might help you recover quicker if you have injuries but other than that not much. It can actually cause muscle pain as a side effect, and weight gain.

It's essentially the same thing as prednisolone. Prednisone is converted to prednisolone by liver enzymes once ingested.

Accelerated aging.

People who have autoimmune disorders take it all their life in order to not die from getting a cold and get cataracts by the time they leave high school.

They end up dying from old person disease (Usually CVD) in their 30's or so.

That makes sense then, I'm usually on it mostly 5 days every winter or major seasonal change, you could be happy as Larry one minute and feel like you want to die the next.
Another side effect is an unending hunger which is advantageous this time of year if you're bulking.

This is a catabolic steroid. It breaks down muscle. No reason to this brehs.

Taken it many times while recovering from asthma attacks. Helps your lungs recover. Side effect are absurd weight gain, flushed face, undefinable unhappiness, shakeyness, and irritability. Never lifted on it since I was always recovering at the time, but unless you're looking to feel bad while getting fat I don't recommend it.

lol, benefits? it breaks down muscle tissue. I had a friend who was on that and he looked terrible afterwards. it's basically reverse-roids.

Yeah it's not a good one for lifting generally since it's catabolic, can cause muscle pain but I guess if the bulk is life....
Are you asthmatic?

Yeah, asthmatic, hence why I'm prescribed it once or twice a year, as other anons have said it's not really worth the risk if it's not required.

Gutted man, GL with the breathing, hope it gets better

Thanks senpai, it's unlikely to at my age, 28 but cardio seems to reside it. GL if you're stuck on this medication it's a real annoyance bitching out over the smallest things

There are some pretty good new combination inhalers coming out at the moment which might be worth looking into if you want to get off the oral corticosteroids by the way if you're not already on max dose inhaled corticosteroids (guessing you are if you're on orals but just in case...)
Have a look at them (relvar, symbicort, flutiform, fostair)

Yeah symbicort at the minute . I've luckily only had one attack when I was younger, aside from that it's more a burden then anything else. I'm barely on orals usually stick to amoxcilln if I can avoid the pred

Yeah good shout, they're so much better than the separates. How often do you get infections than mean you need pred/amox?

Amox mainly the beginning of winter
a chest infection if left without medication can quickly lead on to respiratory problems, tight chest, harder breathing, awful lifts then it's usually on pred or hospitalized

Yeah that sucks, does it affect your lifting normally?

As far as I'm aware no.
I weigh around 70kg and my lifts are currently 1/2.5/3/3.5
Slacking on the DL but that's more paranoia about snap city

Dont life on prednisone bro

As a severe asthmatic who has taken prednisone multiple times, it fucks up your body pretty bad.

You should also focus on recovering from whatever it was you were prescribed prednisone for in the first place.