Is hook grip a meme?

Is hook grip a meme?

Yes

No

I can't do it without wanting to kill myself.

Fucking hurts

Yes. By the time you have to switch grips from the regular, the weight is so heavy that you may as well take the full leap to alternating. Hook grip has no place.

What are lift are you doing with hook grip?

George Leeman pulled 909 with hook grip.

I back squat with it because it feels more ergonimic, but deadlift in it just hurts

hook grip is for oly lifting at low reps, not for deadlifting. and that picture is inaccurate, if you hook that way you'll develop ridiculous monster calluses.

>tfw small hands and cant properly hook grip

am i doing something wrong? it just slips off my thumb because there isnt a whole lot of friction? looked at videos but still fucking up. any tips?

Only for deadlifting. Tbh the best exercise to hook grip is the bench press. It really pushes the bar into your palm. Try it. Works better at near maximal weight.

its for weightlifters only, just use your straps

bench press, pull ups and heavy dips

>Got to 3pl8x4 deadlift
>Still doing conventional

I tried mixed grip and it's so fucking easy. Why do people cheat?

Is this a joke? You can do hook grip very very very heavy, its almost a cheat code really.

Fuuuuggg I am drunk and can not believe these replies saying hook grip is bad. It .makes lifting fugging easy. You shouldn't use it until you have to.

everything other than double overhand is a meme

unless you're competing (which you aren't), then you shouldn't be lifting something heavier than you can hold.

Hook grip honestly isn't even hard. Yeah it hurts at first but you definitely get used to it quick. It's more secure than double overhand and less prone to muscle imbalance or bicep tear than mixed grip

I just can't trust hook grip. If I'm at such heavy weights that I can't hold them with single grip and am too lazy to use alternate grip, I don't want to lift that weight.

Also, I'm worried about dislocating my thumbs or something. It looks to scary.

The fuck do i do this without feeling like my grip is worse? Every way i've tried it either hurts or feels like the bar could slip easier.

Same?

It's not cheating, you're still lifting the weight. Mixing your grip does nothing to lessen the force you need to exert. It just feels easier because your fingers aren't giving way.

You all are a bunch of pussies. Hook grip prevents any slippage during the Deadlift. Mixed can cause imbalances and risks bicep tears with the supinated hand.

>but muh thumbs

Get a grip motherfucka. You'll get used to it

I injured my left thumb doing this.

for WL it's essential

I deadlift for my back and my legs, which are a lot fucking stronger than my forearms. Retard.

>tfw i can only hook grip with chalk
>uni gym doesn't allow chalk

why

also this. before i started WL, I did mixed grip. It messed up my right arm, so that it's tighter than the my left. I have worse internal rotation on that arm than my other one. This is also something that wasn't noticeable until i started classic WL