I can't fucking do it Veeky Forums. I can't stop binge eating

I can't fucking do it Veeky Forums. I can't stop binge eating.

You push the urges away for three or four days, and then they come roaring back and you have to eat like there's no tomorrow. Way harder than cutting. Way harder than adhering to anything else. It's like someone else is moving my hands putting the food into my mouth.

I don't even own food I binge on, I just go buy it from grocery stores or convenience stores, so it's not like I can just throw it out. And don't just tell me to stop eating, if it were that fucking easy I would've done it months ago.

What the fuck do I do, Veeky Forums. I've gained six pounds in two weeks and I probably put another one on today.

What helps me is to make a shake with a lot of dry shit that expands like instant oats or chia seeds and slam it before it can soak up your milk or whatever liquid you're using. You'll bloat like fuck but you won't be able to eat for a good while. Plus the oats will make you shit like a horse.

Binge eating is typically the result of an inadequate diet consumed during the day. Binge eating is the result of a combination of hunger and de-restriction in response to excessive prolonged restriction.
The first thing you have to understand is that there's no such thing as "urges". You are hungry, and you've trained yourself to habitually respond to it by overeating garbage rather than accepting that you are still hungry and that you need to eat more or differently.
What is your usual diet like?

Yeah you are dieting too hardcore. Need to take a smaller step for a while.

You are cutting too agressively. Seriously, reliably determine your maintenance calories first (meaning just eat so that you dont lose weight for a week or so; fuck online calculators, they can be pretty fucking inaccurate) and then take 500 calories down from there.

If you are lifting, that should do the trick and still allow you to eat enough to fulfill your urges.

This is merely a quick fix.

You need to form a habit.
How about entering a conversation with yourself? Your ego?(which is what is convincing you to binge)

If you form a habit of self talk, and you remind yourself to ask yourself in the moment the binge is about to happen:
What is the goal I want to achieve, why do I do what im doing? Is gorging on shit food now beneficial in achieving my goals? Regardless, will I actually feel happy afterwards or will I beat myself up out of shame like always?

If you manage to form such a habit your willpower will skyrocket.

~1800 kcal a day. A meal in the morning, a meal in the evening, and a protein shake midday, ideally post-workout. Vegetarian but not protein deficient, I eat a lot of eggs and dairy to compensate.

I know 1800 is zilch but I'm a very small dude. Dieted down hard last year, got lower than I probably should have, had wanted to be bulking at this point but I figured I needed to take some time at maintenance and let strength gains catch up with weight gain.

Height and weight?

Pictures of body?

It still happens when I'm eating above maintenance though, I had planned to start a bulk a few weeks ago and for a while I did, but I still binged constantly...

Sometimes I do this but generally I am in complete agreement with myself that eating is a dumb idea and will make me feel like shit physically and mentally. I just want to do it anyways, it's like an uncontrollable urge, like the need to piss or something. Has this worked for you though?

ECA stack was the only thing that helped me

Your body weight or fat percentage might just be too low then

have brain surgery so you can stop being a bitch

Going out on a limb here, but based on what you said I suspect that

1. you are not eating nearly enough carbs, your glycogen stores are never full, let alone supercompensated and

2. this prolonged time of calorie restriction and weight fluctuation has created this destructive habit which now ultimately ended in a viscous cycle of disordered thoughts revolving around food and weight (i.e. feeling guilty about eating which sets you up for more restriction, then more hunger and reinforcing the habit)

The solution is to cease calorie counting completely and to eat very large portions of rice, potatoes or pasta for a good amount of time. I am talking about, for example, 800 calorie portions of plain carbs twice a day, in addition to your regular diet. A serious carb load.

You also need to ensure that you are eating enough volume of food. Different people have different requirements.

5'8 134lbs. Lighting is on my side here but this is the most unbiased pic I can get in my casa. Be kind, I know I am dyel

military discipline OP

go to the military

you ll get what I mean

I used to be a fat fuck before the military. Here in Greece every male is forced to serve 9 months as a private, otherwise you go to jail and have to pay tons of fines.

so I did, 9 months in, while I hated it inside, the amount of discipline this experience gave me is immense.

It's easy to not eat if you have the right mentality.

> enough volume of food
Is this a thing? Just in terms of satiety, or is this actually important to health/gains?

Also won't eating massive amounts of empty carbs just make me fat as fuck? There's no middle ground, it's either continue binging or get fat for a while? How long should I do this for if I were to do it?

>Is this a thing? Just in terms of satiety, or is this actually important to health/gains?
No, I'm talking mainly about satiety and psychology. Some people respond more to food volume than others, so it's something to experiment with.

>Also won't eating massive amounts of empty carbs just make me fat as fuck?
In any normal dietary situation, carbohydrates either get used for energy immediately or they are stored as glycogen. Carbohydrates are not readily converted to or stored as fat, but carbs are the preferred fuel and so dietary fat will be stored.

Let's say an athletic man can store 4500 calories of carbs (more than 1000 grams), but he completely depleted his glycogen on a low-carb diet. If he were to eat 30 grams of fat and 800 grams of carbs in a day, he would gain 30 grams of fat maximum. At the same time, 800 grams of carbs are 3200 calories, so if he uses up 2200 in the day, he's left with 1000 calories in extra glyocogen. At this rate it would take 4-5 days on a 1300 calorie excess of mostly carbs to replenish glycogen.
The weight gain would be around 4 kg of glycogen (1 kg carbs with 3 kg water) and 150 grams of fat which is essentially nothing.

>There's no middle ground, it's either continue binging or get fat for a while? How long should I do this for if I were to do it?
There is both a psychological and a physiological aspect to it. Stopping with the restriction to clear the mind for a while, and refueling glycogen. Rather than overeating garbage, you are "overeating" carbs and as a result you may not feel the need to overeat garbage at a later point in the day.

Brahs my stats are

165lbs
5'9

What calories should I be cutting at? I tried 1600 but I always end up binging

You do not have a clear view of your goal. If you did, even when the urges come around, you would power through. Also pay attention to other nutrients, not just calories. Potassium, iron, etc

just do keto. it makes it so much easier.

165 isn't that heavy, though I imagine you're probably skinny fat if you're asking about cutting

1600 is pretty low. Calculate your TDEE and just do like 500-800 less than that at first

Eat mostly red meat. people will tell you it's bad for you but I find it fills me up more, I feel fresh and have loads more energy. Also purposely have like 1 chocolate bar a day and have a cheat meal every week (ideally after workouts). Will help satisfy sweet tooth. This coming from a sugar fiend.

detecting female

So since the glycogen will be absorbed first since my body's glycogen is depleted, it would just spike water weight rather than fat? Wouldn't binging 2-3x a week for a month or so have kept my glycogen levels pretty high anyways though?

> If he were to eat 30 grams of fat and 800 grams of carbs in a day, he would gain 30 grams of fat maximum. At the same time, 800 grams of carbs are 3200 calories, so if he uses up 2200 in the day, he's left with 1000 calories in extra glyocogen.
You're only calculating calories from carbs though, not fats and protein as well. So I would probably only need to do this for two to three days in that case, if I'm eating a full diet in addition to the carbs?

What really helped me was keeping a food journal.
Try to wait until you're physically hungry, then eat.
If you eat when not hungry, write down the reasons why you did it (you felt bored, angry, and so on...).
See how many days you manage to avoid binging and try to set a new record every time.