Itt: your least favorite lift that isn't a meme

itt: your least favorite lift that isn't a meme

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=423Ew_DQC40
bretcontreras.com/how-femur-length-effects-squat-mechanics/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It is a meme though, that man didn't invent that exercise and it is a C-rank accessory lift.

>does rows

to see any decent results you have to go very heavy on rows which is bad for bad at that position

do yourself a favor and start doing weighted pullups instead of this meme shit

I just gave up and am now doing one-arm dumbbell rows. did I choose the wrong exercise again?

I'm already doing weighted pullups but I don't feel like it's targeting most of my back, even though I'm progressing pretty well with that exercise.

Dead lifts are one of the best exercises in existence, and if I had to pick a favorite, I would pick them right after curls.

Lunges. Hate that shit so fucking much

Lawnmower pulls are more of an accessory, but they're probably my favorite.

Nah one arm db rows are great. They work your rear delts so much better than the bar.

>LEAST FAVORITE
you stupid stupid cunt, I hate you so fucking much, dumb motherfucker, fuck you, you are a cunt

Bench press or pendlay row.

I dislike benching. if I could I'd deadlift all day every day

Pullups aren't better, they're both too different to put one over the other, so you should be doing both. Rows are better for your delta and lats while pullups are better for other things.

I really, really dislike front squats.
Especially high rep series.

Bench press is my least favourite lift. It's just shit in all aspects.

Wait.. Bench is a meme so it's not valid for this thread anyway.. Hmm, pull-ups would be my answer then.

hate the bench, hate the row

No squat rack where I lift so...
fucking squats.
Im super fucking scared of doing them. Never failed a rep but still - what do I do if I do fail? Do I just die?

should be ok as long as you don't do the suicide-grippy thing that rip recommends for lowbar squats

youtube.com/watch?v=423Ew_DQC40

>No squat rack where I lift
How is that possible?
Well, if you have no squat racks, you can always ask for a spot.

Overhead press because it feels like shit when I can barely lift that shit up.

BICEP
FUCKING
CURLS
>Biceps forever smaller than my sexy triceps

Fucking hate bicep curls

>front squats.
Same
>Almost 3pl8 backsquat
>Not even 1pl8 front squat
granted I do higher reps but they're still shit

Pendlay rows, mostly because my hamstrings are shit even though i try to stretch and roll them daily. I think i will cut out pendlays, should i just do DB rows for upper back? I know pendays were more lower.

Don't lift without a squat rack, unless you're doing very dyel weights then I really can't see how that's sustainable. I guess you can try front squats if you want to get similar results with lower weights

Squats are overrated anyways

DB rows > BB rows

Would it be rational to substitude squats with front squats for quads (easy to drop the bar without the rack), and lunges for glutes?

big biceps are a fucking meme anyway
honestly, i think big biceps are fucking unaesthetic

this....

I honestly don't mind deadlifts or squats but lunges are fucking cancer

meant for

I've never even seen a man do a lunge

S Q U A T S

Shit's too hard, especially once you start going heavy

Pathetic men you have seen.

Lunge are difficult as fuck with added weight.
You don't see them because most people are pussies.

That's literally not possible

I hate ab-training because if you do it right, it hurts more than any other excercise. I just do it out of necessity.

>what do I do if I do fail? Do I just die?

You just sit down dude. It's not like bench where you can kill yourself if you fail a rep.

incline dumbbell bench fucking sucks for me.

What does Veeky Forums think of Meadows rows?

I did Pendlay's while doing SS and the position always felt awkward to me, never enjoyed the exercise. Then I started PPL and switched to Meadows rows and like them a lot.

I only do press, bench, squat, diddly, barbell curl, weighted pullups, ring dips and band face pulls and I don't hate any of those movements. I'd say I like ring dips the least. On a day when you're just not feeling it it's hard as fuck to balance and even bring out 80% of your usual reps you do.

these seem like the t-bar version of db rows... if they're no hassle to set up then why not

>pendlay rows

for fucks sake you fucking autist just do bent over rows like a normal, socially adjusted person does, fucking spergs

do less weight, focus on form

kek

I hate deadlifts, I don't know what's wrong with me.
I love squats though.

lmfao

JUST DO SEATED ROWS. Literally no stress on legs and you can heavier weight with perfect form

Squats.
I have long legs and it's just such a long way down. They dont feel good even when my form is right. I'm thinking of just quitting them forever or doing lightweight dumbbell ones combined with leg press.

>C-rank
What, as opposed to your A-rank autism. Why don't you channel that retardation into ranking all of your personal failings.

Protip: your legs aren't that long, you're just a weak faggot making excuses.

Isn't the lower back stress/core stabilisation required for regular standing bb rows beneficial though?

Have you tried elevating your heels using plates? It really helps you stay upright

Pendlay rows are my shit I feel so strong when I do them

Yeah I am weak at squats. 1 plate max. I'm a weak tall female and my legs are longer than most mens.
Yeah I tried that. It's not so much an issue of feeling upright. I squat below parallel and throughout the whole movement I dont feel solid or comfortable compared to how I feel when I'm deadlifting twice as much.

No because you're not maximizing your back sure you're working everything but you can't focus on bback. Same thing with standing ohp, lots of retards wiggle because core is weak then on the last reps they arch and do a slight incline press and cheat.

I guess it's just that they don't feel good. They are like a chore that I fucking loathe. I'm just gonna stop doing them.

I do OHP just fine. They feel great. Except for bracing I dont feel any back involvement in squats. Am I supposed to?

What is your femur/shin ratio?
Please, I need this for my collection.

start twerking

idk what this is or how to measure. But when doing deads I start with hips really far back so I can reach the bar and when doing squats I have to stop myself from leaning forward when going heavier.

>you deadlift twitch as much as your squat but you lean forward during squat

This makes no sense. post a form vid

+1 here, hate'm

Peep this
bretcontreras.com/how-femur-length-effects-squat-mechanics/

If you want to work your lower back and core, then do planks and deadlifts.

Agreed. I feel like a faggot when doing them.

Why don't more people do chest supported rows? We do back supported horizontal presses, wouldn't chest supported rows be the opposite?

Lunges are a useless exercise. I've never once in my life heard of the lunge pattern outside of the gym.

>bretcontreras.com/how-femur-length-effects-squat-mechanics/
good read, for what it's worth I can leg press 5 plate for reps. I dont understand why the mechanics are different between that and squats. Thanks to whoever suggested the plates under heels. I will try that again.

I still don't know how to do them properly. I always feel like I'm just usling the forward leg only don't know how to push with the back leg and go up. Fucking useless exercise. I rather do the vag spreader at least that'll lmo/vmo

I would, but my bench isn't high enough.
If I lie on my stomach and let my arms hang down my knuckles hit the floor.
I'm thinking of digging out a hole under the bench.

Unless you are a powerlifter, I think squats should be an assesory lift with lower weights.

For heavy weights, do both sumo and conventional deadlifts. These mimic lifting heavy objects in everyday life. Possibly also front squats, but not as much.

If you're going to do seal rows, go to a garden store and get some patio tiles to place your bench on.

He could possibly have poor shoulder flexion or thoracic extension. Either would make front squats much more stressful

Yes it is.
But I do 5 reps for squats and 10 for front squats.
My wrist mobility is shit, I have carpal tunnel as well. Crossarm hurts too much. I get tired extremely quick.

It's getting better though. I used to do 2pl8 squat and a max of 25lbs on each side for front squat.

125kg back squat and 105kg front squat here. something is very wrong with you

That does sound easier!
I'm gonna be the swolest seal you've ever seen!

I hate calf raises... they're just boring. Also neck bridges are painful.

Leg-press>lunges>db flyes

One day my unit did 800 lunges in a full combat load, that was a bad day

We did 600 squats too

I fucking hate curls, lateral raises, almost every leg exercise except for squats and deads.
I also hate bench, flies, ab work and finally, rear delt flies.

I don't know why I just hate them so fucking much

I'm already doing 1/2 my barbell weight

Squats because I feel like I'm going to break my legs doing them someday.

confirmed for babbyweight seated rows. dude I do them one armed because otherwise the stress on my legs and lower back is too much. I wanna feel it in my lats and traps but not my quads...

this, it is hard as fuck and doesnt even look impressive.

they are pretty good if you are a sprinter and want to get a fast start out of the starting blocks. you can do variations that mimick the start even more other than that I cant think of any possible application.

>A rank autism

kek

>It's not like bench where you can kill yourself if you fail a rep

at the point where you bench so heavy that failing a rep could kill you you know enough about lifting to not let that happen. Anything around 2pl8 can still be rolled off easily.

>tall female

yeah and I am a black scientist user

While I agree, bench is one of the only lifts that actually kills people each year.

You didn't also notice that he called pendlay rows deadlifts?

>implying bench isn't the most masculine and satisfying of lifts

This. Hate bench press.

Shrugs are probably least favorite I don't actually do.

So wtf do you like?

That is a funny way of saying squats

Real men squat heavy

Yes, it's beneficial. Any exercise that engages core is good.

Fucking hate lateral raises.

They fuck up my shoulders every time, just awful stinging on the way up. Not a good "oh it's getting worked out sting" either, it legit just hurts like shit.

Although I looked up a solution, saying instead of holding it like you're pouring water just hold it the other way and lean forward a bit. Helped a bit, but I've only done them once since then, so we'll see.

Lifting cocks into his mouth

>the quintessential bitch lift
>real sloots work glutes!
>>>manly exercise
k

To be serious, though, I wish I liked squats, but they fuck my shoulders and elbows up. I'm lucky in a lot of ways, judging from the posts here. I can bench, OHP, lat raise, dip, and deadlift comfortably, but even getting into position to squat destroys my arms.
>stretch faggot
Nothing I haven't heard before, senpai. I stretch every workout. I think I'm just fucked.

I had the same.

I then watched a video which suggest starting to bend your arm at more of a 90 degree angle rather then keeping it straight.

This caused the pain to go away for me.

Correct. The trick is to avoid shoulder impingement. Don't go heavy and tilt your thumbs up, not down. Lateral raises are not a power lift.